XPEnology Community

XPEnology Hard Drive Issue

nweibel

Hello,

I am needing help with an issue i have run into after building my XPEnology box. I have 6 SATA drives in my box, 2 show up as SATA in the BIOS and 4 show up as AHCI in the BIOS. When i am trying to create a new volume in DSM i am only seeing the 4 SATA hard drives that show up as AHCI. Can someone explain how i can get all 6 drives to work with XPEnology?

Parts List

Lian LI PC-Q25B

ASRock FM2A85X-ITX

AMD A4-5300

Corsair ValueSelect 4GB

6 HGST Deskstar NAS 3.5 4TB Hard Drives

Thanks

Hello,

I am needing help with an issue i have run into after building my XPEnology box. I have 6 SATA drives in my box, 2 show up as SATA in the BIOS and 4 show up as AHCI in the BIOS. When i am trying to create a new volume in DSM i am only seeing the 4 SATA hard drives that show up as AHCI. Can someone explain how i can get all 6 drives to work with XPEnology?

Parts List

Lian LI PC-Q25B

ASRock FM2A85X-ITX

AMD A4-5300

Corsair ValueSelect 4GB

6 HGST Deskstar NAS 3.5 4TB Hard Drives

Thanks

change them to AHCI mode in the BIOS ?

I did try and change the two drive to AHCI but it would not allow me to change them. What is odd is when i was using this same setup as a Freenas box it could see all 6 drives just fine.

If these 2 disk act as a raid you must create a volume on the mainboard raid controller and than the volume will be visible as drive in xpenology.

Raid = create raid on MB use the volume in DSM

AHCI = DSM control's all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk