XPEnology Community

DSM 6 does not use all cores?

Nofear87

Hi,

I have a HP ML150 gen9 with a Xeon E5-2609v3 running DSM on Jun's loader 1.01.

But when i run cat /proc/cpuinfo it only shows cpucores:1 but it should be 6 cores.

Any Idea's?

Thanks for your help :smile:

Use search? Discussed already a lot of times hard limit of 6 cores!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi,

I have tried to add screenshot of the info i got of when i run the commands, but can't attach the due to attachment quota.

But maybe you can show me what info you got on your CPU when you run the command?

But to wrote down the info i get on the CPU see below:

processor : 0

vendor_id : GenuineIntel

cpu family : 6

model : 63

model name : Intel® Xeon® CPU E5-2609 v3 @ 1.90GHz

stepping : 2

microcode : 0x35

cpu MHz : 1897.832

cache size : 15360 KB

physical id : 0

siblings : 1

core id : 0

cpu cores : 1

apicid : 0

initial apicid : 0

fpu : yes

fpu_exception : yes

cpuid level : 15

wp : yes

flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe syscall nx pdpe1gb rdt scp lm constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts rep_good nopl xtopology nonstop_tsc ap erfmperf eagerfpu pni pclmulqdq dtes64 monitor ds_cpl vmx smx est tm2 ssse3 fma cx16 xtpr pdcm pcid dca sse4_1 sse4_2 x2apic movbe popcnt tsc_deadline_timer aes xsave avx f16c rdrand lahf_lm abm arat epb xsaveopt pln pts dtherm tpr_shadow v nmi flexpriority ept vpid fsgsbase tsc_adjust bmi1 avx2 smep bmi2 erms invpcid

bogomips : 3795.66

clflush size : 64

cache_alignment : 64

address sizes : 46 bits physical, 48 bits virtual

power management:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

change the syno_hw_version=DS3615xs to RS4017xs+

change the syno_hw_version=RS4017xs+ in the grub.cfg

this will show 8 cores in the dsm., but i think you may update with the RS4017+  DSM.pat file .

example:

set common_args_3615='syno_hdd_powerup_seq=0 HddHotplug=0 syno_hw_version=DS3615xs vender_format_version=2 console=ttyS0,115200n8 withefi elevator=elevator quiet'

On 3/6/2018 at 11:09 AM, greetingsmymaster said:

change the syno_hw_version=DS3615xs to RS4017xs+

change the syno_hw_version=RS4017xs+ in the grub.cfg

this will show 8 cores in the dsm., but i think you may update with the RS4017+  DSM.pat file .

example:

set common_args_3615='syno_hdd_powerup_seq=0 HddHotplug=0 syno_hw_version=DS3615xs vender_format_version=2 console=ttyS0,115200n8 withefi elevator=elevator quiet'

No. If you use the RS4017xs+ .pat file it will simply not work. Loader wont even allow you to install it. The loader was not meant to work with RS4017xs+. Only with 3615xs, 3617xs and 916+.

7 hours ago, greetingsmymaster said:

I have extracted the rs4017+ pat file and  copied the zImage and rd files to the usb second partition and in first partition, I changed the grub file .. it worked for me . 

And also checksum files 

What did you do with the checksum files? I know that they're in the .pat file but what did you exactly change?

EDIT:

parition1:

set common_args_3617='syno_hdd_powerup_seq=0 HddHotplug=1 syno_hw_version=RS4017xs+ vender_format_version=2 console=ttyS0,115200n8 withefi elevator=elevator quiet syno_port_thaw=1'

parition2:

copy grub_cksum.syno , checksum.syno to the second partition where zImage and rd.gz files are. 

and once it boots, install the same RS4017xs+  DSM pat file. 

• 2 months later...

Hi greetingsmymaster,

I'm a little confused to your last 3 post as to which statement is correct to install RS4017xs+.

I would like very much to get this installed, so could you give me a guide to the correct way please.

Thanks

Gordon

• 1 year later...