XPEnology Community

Drivers requests for DSM 5.2

I've been trying to create modules myself, without much success....

Can you help me with the "pata_jmicron" driver for JMICRON 363 SATA/IDE chip? Not sure if they can be added as modules without a new kernel, but I would like to give it a try.

The pata_jmicron module is supposed to initialize the PATA portion of the JMB363 chip. I have leftover PATA disks that I'm dying to use... Thanks!

Hello!

I know your all going to tell me to get new hardware but i'm broke right now and freenas is killing my hardware its way to demanding on resources and i understand that the smart wont work but could someone help me out getting drivers for a HP Smartarray 6400! I use Iscsi And wanted to take advantage of (SHR) Please Help out

Even if i got to pay someone to do i dont care lol..

The spec's

HP DL320 G4

Intel Pentium D 3.0 GhZ

8Gb Ram

Hp smartarray 6400

(2) MSA20 U320 Hard disk Array Filled with 24 Disks

I currently have Freenas 9.10 that has no issues with driver for the old girl.

even if someone can explain how to add a driver my self and if i should use the driver that freenas is useing if thats possable?

if you need and other info let me kno :?::?::wink::wink:

thanks in advance

Dustin

Hi Trantor,

I just assembled my NAS with a AsRock N3150M motherboard, and I cannot see fan controls in control panel. Does it require a specific driver for that? I would like to be able to control fan speed according to disks temperature, otherwise it always sounds like an aeroplane taking off... :grin:

Thanks!

Hi Trantor,

I just assembled my NAS with a AsRock N3150M motherboard, and I cannot see fan controls in control panel. Does it require a specific driver for that? I would like to be able to control fan speed according to disks temperature, otherwise it always sounds like an aeroplane taking off... :grin:

Thanks!

You need a driver. Trantor said "coming soon" (nct6775)

viewtopic.php?p=61011#p61011

Enviado desde mi Nexus 4 mediante Tapatalk

Small update of dev build:

Storage

[OK] Add cciss for HP driver Smart Array E200 Controller

[OK] Updated hpsa module for HP H240 12Gb 2-ports Int Smart Host Bus Adapter

[OK] Add pata_amd, pata_jmicron

Network

[OK] Updated ixgbe driver for X550 10G Network

Misc

[OK] intel_pstate

[OK] sr_mod and cdrom.ko modules for external usb cd/dvd devices

[KO] PCI Stub driver and IOMMU Hardware Support for VirtualBox ; enabling these break iscsi block support

Sensors

[OK] Winbond w83627ehf

[OK] Winbond W83795ADG

[OK] Fintek F71808A

[OK] Nuvoton nct6775

DVB

[OK] Fix DVB dongle detection since 5644 build

Time Backup

[OK] Fix system freeze by building dm-snapshot module

@Trantor, will new loader be compatibile with lastest 5.2 (power management working again)?

Maybe but not sure because checking protected files takes time.

No idea about power management (I assume you are refering to power off by button ?) I will try it.

No ETA because I'm waiting for an usb wifi dongle to check/fix wifi detection, and hoping to fix it like I did with DVB.

This will be very good if we succeed to build a working version with iscsi, dvb and wifi working :smile:

I'm not sure how to check if a certain mod is already built into xpenology....

Can you please check if HWMON module for ITE IT87XX has been included? If not, can you please include this hardware sensor module in the next release? I'm hoping this will allow me to control the fans from the Control Panel without having to install lm-sensors and such. Thank you.

Storage

Hi Trantor, does the hpsa driver you added also support the HP P420i smart array controller?

Storage

Hi Trantor, does the hpsa driver you added also support the HP P420i smart array controller?

Storage

http://cciss.sourceforge.net/

Thanks for the link 4sag, I already checked the site before asking and it seems depending on the kernel version being > 2.6.33 it'll use hpsa scsi mode , otherwise the cciss driver which is block mode.If it is supported by both then cciss is loaded first and takes over.

which is why I was seeking clarification from Trantor.