XPEnology Community

Drivers requests for DSM 5.2

Having LOT of issue with this card !!

Yesterday it work on debian 7, today no way to get it up :sad:

I found on some forums that it's maybe related to an IRQ issue (will try to clear CMOS)

It's handled by the r8169 included in the kernel source (the r8169 from realtek website doesn't work for this card).

Unfortunately this driver is full of bugs (miss detect some r8168 chips for example) so I edit the source to remove the support for r8168 based card (let that part to the r8168 driver).

I hope this will prevent conflict when both drivers will be loaded.

When I will succeed to get my DGE-528T card to work again on my debian (with built-in r8169 driver), I will try my patched driver on XPEnology ^^

Having LOT of issue with this card !!

Yesterday it work on debian 7, today no way to get it up :sad:

I found on some forums that it's maybe related to an IRQ issue (will try to clear CMOS)

It's handled by the r8169 included in the kernel source (the r8169 from realtek website doesn't work for this card).

Unfortunately this driver is full of bugs (miss detect some r8168 chips for example) so I edit the source to remove the support for r8168 based card (let that part to the r8168 driver).

I hope this will prevent conflict when both drivers will be loaded.

When I will succeed to get my DGE-528T card to work again on my debian (with built-in r8169 driver), I will try my patched driver on XPEnology ^^

Ok, hope you will succeed.

Thank you

This is the tg3 driver which is already included in the repack, but it maybe miss firmware in my build.

Can you give me more informations about your hardware and what's not working ?

Hi trantor

the next repack will it have updatings for chipset haswell ?? :roll:

What's not working ?

Haswell support start with kernel 3.10....

This is the tg3 driver which is already included in the repack, but it maybe miss firmware in my build.

Can you give me more informations about your hardware and what's not working ?

Hi trantor

the next repack will it have updatings for chipset haswell ?? :roll:

What's not working ?

Haswell support start with kernel 3.10....

It is J&W MINIX™ H61M-USB3 mainboard

http://www.jwele.com/motherboard_detail.php?1035

with two discontinued Broadcom NetLink BCM57788

It works on Ubuntu 13.04 live CD, it works fine, the chips can be detected

reported by lspci command

02:00.0 Ethernet controller: Broadcom corporation NetLink BCM57788 Gigabit Ethernet PCIe (rev 01)

03:00.0 Ethernet controller: Broadcom corporation NetLink BCM57788 Gigabit Ethernet PCIe (rev 01)

running on 4.2-3211 V1.2, it cannot get the ip address from DHCP server

seems that the tg3 driver is not loaded or something else

thanks for your help

Hi,

Simple suggestion: Please, add all drivers related to virtualization. Several of them are included in the source of the Linux kernel. This will facilitate the deployment inside VMware, Hyper-V and Virtualbox.

Best!

Can you make a list of required options to build ? :oops:

I read in the hyper-v that the built-in drivers are staging are very buggy...

Not the full list, only a few:

* For VMWARE:

- PVSCSI: vmw_pvscsi.ko

- VMXNET3: vmxnet3.ko

- VMCI: vmw_vmci.ko & vmw_vsock_vmci_transport.ko

- Ballon: vmw_balloon.ko

After a kernel with all modules enabled will be more easy to add a "tools" package for guest shutdown and other commands.

Futhermore, the performance improvement with paravirtualization it's a must have!

:grin:

Should I suppose that same drivers apply also to ESXi?

Currently version 4.2-3211-v1.2 converted for ESXi cannot use PVSCSI. :cry:

I have to use esxi_install_3202_v2 from jukolaut and odie82544 for physical RDM.

Thanks

Edited by Guest

Should I suppose that same drivers apply also to ESXi?

Currently version 4.2-3211-v1.2 converted for ESXi cannot use PVSCSI. :cry:

I have to use esxi_install_3202_v2 from jukolaut for physical RDM.

Thanks

Strange because pvscsi is built-in the kernel in 4.2-3211 v1.2.

I will try to build this as module in my coming testing build.

Do you have more informations (kernel options, driver, modules) about paravirtualization ?

I was wondering the same thing, because from your change-log it looks like SCSI: VMware PVSCSI driver is included.

But, as reported also by other users on the forum, we were unable to make a complete installation on ESXi, using the Paravirtual SCSI controller for the hard disk 2(no matter if it is a VMDK or a RDM one), even though the drive it is detected.

Behaviour is like this:

- after the pat file is installed, first reboot occurs

- machine starting up with Grub error 22

- replaced on the datastore synoboot-trantor-4.2-3211-v1.2.vmdk

- installation starts again because "Configuration lost"

Instead of that, installation works flawlessly to the end if the hard disk 2 is created using Virtual Device Node as IDE(0:1), but then IDE performance is pretty horrific.

Used the same procedure for installation like in Idiot's Guide to DSM 4.2 and ESXi 5.1

Hmm, maybe totalnas have more info about what is needed.

Else I can provide some requested info from the working version which I'm running currently.

Thanks.

This is the first beta for build v1.2a

- Add USB to serial FTDI and Prolific chips

- Update igb driver for intel I340/I350 support

- Update e1000e, r8168 network driver

- Add ASIX AX88179 USB 3.0 Gigabit Ethernet driver

- Add patched r8169 driver (removed r8168 support from it to prevent conflict)

- Add firmware for r8169 (realtek) and tigon3 (broadcom) drivers

- Built-in mp2sas and megaraid_sas drivers (instead of modules)

- Add lot of virtualization options (hyper-v, vmware, virtio, xen, paravirtualization guest... vbox modules in the next beta)

Link : Beta 1a available below

As usual write img file to your usb stick andcopy modules files (*.ko) in /lib/modules/

Sorry I don't have enought time to repack a full build (pat + synoboot) neither to test it properly... I'm counting on you guys :wink:

I hope adding firmware will finally fix the support of "strange" r8169 chip and broadcom BCM57788 chip :roll:

This is the first beta for build v1.2a

- Add USB to serial FTDI and Prolific chips

- Update igb driver for intel I340/I350 support

- Update e1000e, r8168 network driver

- Add ASIX AX88179 USB 3.0 Gigabit Ethernet driver

- Add patched r8169 driver (removed r8168 support from it to prevent conflict)

- Add firmware for r8169 (realtek) and tigon3 (broadcom) drivers

- Built-in mp2sas and megaraid_sas drivers (instead of modules)

- Add lot of virtualization options (hyper-v, vmware, virtio, xen, paravirtualization guest... vbox modules in the next beta)

Link : http://xpenology.trantor.be/xpenology-trantor-v1.2a_beta1.7z

As usual write img file to your usb stick andcopy modules files (*.ko) in /lib/modules/

Sorry I don't have enought time to repack a full build (pat + synoboot) neither to test it properly... I'm counting on you guys :wink:

I hope adding firmware will finally fix the support of "strange" r8169 chip and broadcom BCM57788 chip :roll:

Thank you very much. i try right now

Edit : block at setup : attached scsi removable disk

Hi, I've tried it also with no luck. :sad: Same behavior as with the previous version, plus see point nr1. below.

1. When used the network adapter as VMXNET3, assistant couldn't find any server. Changed to E1000 and assistant detects it.

2. Configured the VM with hard disk 2 as SCSI(0:0), controller SCSI Paravirtual.

Proceed with setup:

- "Note: All data on the hard drive(s) 1 will be deleted." - it means that only 1 hard disk was detected(the boot one)?

I know that when the hard disk 2 is configured as IDE(0:1) the message is "Note: All data on the hard drive(s) 1,2 will be deleted." - it means 2 hard disks detected(the boot one and the second one)?

- Then setup progress stops immediately at "Initializing..." with "An error occurred during installation."

@Bartleby : Your card is detected with the intel e100 driver which is built-in the kernel :wink:

@stephle : DVB drivers will be added in the future

@DancingQueen : Included in beta 1a

Build v1.2a - beta 1a

- Qualcomm Atheros AR816x/AR817x support (backported alx driver from kernel 3.10.4)

- Include firmwares files forgotten in previous beta

Need feedbacks for previously included drivers...

PS : I take a look of the ESXi build by jukolaut (with PVSCSI support) and we must make a special version for ESXi as it need his dummy synobios kernel module, and some patched files to work properly.

Hi,

are the LSI sas drivers included in this latest beta?

I still dont see my drives attached to an 1068e chip (IBM BR10i) - or only the 2008's supported atm?

And i dont see anything that looks like a megaraid driver in the list;)

Or did i do sth wrong? - I reuploaded the vmdk (to a running system) and copied all modules to the modules dir (cp -rf o/c)...

Thx

p.s.

Found "Built-in mp2sas and megaraid_sas drivers (instead of modules)" in a changelog ... so thats why there are no modules; what LSI chips do these support?

PS : I take a look of the ESXi build by jukolaut (with PVSCSI support) and we must make a special version for ESXi as it need his dummy synobios kernel module, and some patched files to work properly.

That's some good news to hear! At least you've found that the cause for ESXi problem was not the missing drivers.

Now I feel like a fly who tried to go out through the window glass :-|.

Thanks.

are the LSI sas drivers included in this latest beta?

I still dont see my drives attached to an 1068e chip (IBM BR10i) - or only the 2008's supported atm?

And i dont see anything that looks like a megaraid driver in the list;)

Found "Built-in mp2sas and megaraid_sas drivers (instead of modules)" in a changelog ... so thats why there are no modules; what LSI chips do these support?

No modules because there are built-in the kernel.

SCSI drivers are the same as v1.2 + modifications included in the beta. (megaraid_newgen, megaraid_sas, mtp2sas are built-in).

Your IBM BR10i controller is handle by the Fusion MPT Stack (not yet inclduded).

I will add this in next beta.

Fusion_SAS:
  LSISAS1064
  LSISAS1068
  LSISAS1064E
  LSISAS1068E
  LSISAS1078

Fusion_SPI:
  LSI53C1020
  LSI53C1020A
  LSI53C1030
  LSI53C1035
  ATTO UL4D

Dear Trantor

I am new gay for XPEnology, I am trying to install of all posted ver. (4.1 ~ 4.2)

But also not working... holding in following photo. and below is my hareware conifg.

And i use Synology Assistant can search the PC.

Is it the Hardware not support?~? :-|:-|

--------------------------------------------------

CPU:

DaulCore Intel Core 2 Duo E8400

Motherboard

ID: 08/26/2009-MCP7A-7A61QG01C-00

Name: Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H

Bus Type: Intel AGTL+

Noth Bridge: nVIDIA GeForce9400(MCP7A-U)

South Bridge: nVIDIA GeForce9400(MCP7A-U)

Network (onboard) : NVIDIA nForce Ethernet

------------------------------------------------------

Best Regards

Survivor

593ef3addc64d_2013-10-2823_07_50.jpg.3de6ece9db3dabe8081ca842ec360b72.jpg