XPEnology Community

Drivers requests for DSM 5.2

I have an older PC I am trying to get xpenology running on. It has a ICH7R Pata/Sata chipset which works.

My board is a MSI intel 945p with ICH7R south bridge. The LAN is intel gigabyte and is on the approved list of hardware.

Here are the specs: http://www.hardwarezone.com/articles/view.php?id=1643

I could really use VIA VT6410 IDE RAID controller drivers to hook up more drives. Driver link: https://d34vhvz8ul1ifj.cloudfront.net/D ... _1.7.0.zip OR http://lxr.linux.no/linux+v4.6.4/driver ... ia82cxxx.c OR http://www.driverguide.com/driver/detai ... rid=124277

The Via is part of my board so would be easier than the SI680 but the specs of both are the same.

VIA 6410 is included. So sil 680 is all im looking for. Any chance of it?

My silicone image chip is a 680 This is all I could find for drivers: https://lxr.missinglinkelectronics.com/ ... /siimage.c OR http://lxr.linux.no/linux+v4.6.4/driver ... a_sil680.c

Edited by Guest

Hi Trantor!

Is there any possibilities to put TBS TV Tuners drivers for this models :

TBS5881 USB DVB-T2/T/C CI TV Box

TBS6205 Quad Tuner PCIe Card

drivers can be downloaded from :

http://www.tbsdtv.com/download/

Thank you!

xpe team wont include tbs drivers because they have to be compiled in dvb-c or dvb-t mode, you have to build yourself, and its very simple.

i can compile them for you if you want, you have to tell me what mode do you want, and you have to know what modules you need to start.

i can compile both modes if someone want them, but you guys need to know all dependences that are needed.

i have one tbs6281 in dvb-c mode, and i need this modules to work as exemple:

saa716x_tbs-dvb.ko

saa716x_core.ko

tbs62x1fe.ko (this one is the one related to my card, others are dvb-core.ko dependences)

tbs6290fe.ko

tbs6991se.ko

tbs6928fe.ko

tbs6922fe.ko

tbs6983fe.ko

tbs6618fe.ko

tbs6991fe.ko

tbs6982se.ko

tbs6928se.ko

tbs6985se.ko

tbs6923fe.ko

tbs6680fe.ko

tbs6982fe.ko

stv090x.ko

rc-core.ko

dvb-core.ko

Hey,

You can help make a driver for TBS6981 for DVB-S/S2?.

Trantor.. Thanks for the update.. I am again having the same issue with booting off 5967. Zimage will not load and kicks me back to boot screen without loading. I believe the zimage file is to large. When I used updateing version of 5644.2 I got it to boot and before that I could only get 5565.2 to work. Can you make this with a BZimage?

Hi Trantor,

i tried to connect my Belkin F8T013 Bluetooth Stick to xpenology.

It seems that the stick is recognized by xpenology:

[  566.689037] usb 3-1: new full-speed USB device number 2 using uhci_hcd
[  566.871019] Got empty serial number. Generate serial number from product.
[  567.047955] Bluetooth: Core ver 2.16
[  567.047992] NET: Registered protocol family 31
[  567.047994] Bluetooth: HCI device and connection manager initialized
[  567.048023] Bluetooth: HCI socket layer initialized
[  567.048026] Bluetooth: L2CAP socket layer initialized
[  567.048035] Bluetooth: SCO socket layer initialized
[  567.054833] Bluetooth: RFCOMM TTY layer initialized
[  567.054864] Bluetooth: RFCOMM socket layer initialized
[  567.054866] Bluetooth: RFCOMM ver 1.11
[  567.057591] Bluetooth: HIDP (Human Interface Emulation) ver 1.2
[  567.057617] Bluetooth: HIDP socket layer initialized
[  567.064134] usbcore: registered new interface driver btusb

lsusb also shows it the device:

DiskStation> lsusb | grep Blue
Bus 003 Device 002: ID 050d:0013  Broadcom Corp Belkin Bluetooth Device

But in control panel it doesn't show up. Is there a possibility to use this stick under xpenology or do i have to buy one from compatibility list?

Greetings holybabel

Hi, i think that this is asked before but ... i think that there are some problems with the drivers of the Asus P9A-I motherboard.

I'm having a lot of issues with the Marvell 88SE9485 SAS controller. I can't make a stable raid.

Right now all the drives are new and works fine with other systems.

Right now i'm runing 5.2-5967.1 and the mvsas module loads fine, i don't know what can be faulty

Hi, i think that this is asked before but ... i think that there are some problems with the drivers of the Asus P9A-I motherboard.

I'm having a lot of issues with the Marvell 88SE9485 SAS controller. I can't make a stable raid.

Right now i'm runing 5.2-5967.1 and the mvsas module loads fine, i don't know what can be faulty

Did you see your disks during setup ?

Did you manage to install DSM on it ?

Give more details please :wink:

Did you see your disks during setup ?

Did you manage to install DSM on it ?

Give more details please :wink:

Yes to both.

I can use it without any problem but when they want ... a disk or a pair become offline. just unplug and plug again and go online again but the raid could be degraded or just faulty

Yes to both.

I can use it without any problem but when they want ... a disk or a pair become offline. just unplug and plug again and go online again but the raid could be degraded or just faulty

Did you "build" your raid with the onboard software or did you let DSM do it for you ?

Did you try to change SATA mode in AHCI, IDE or RAID ?

Yes to both.

Did you "build" your raid with the onboard software or did you let DSM do it for you ?

Did you try to change SATA mode in AHCI, IDE or RAID ?

nope, just software. the onboard software doesnt have any option to create any raid or change anything.

the others sata onboard are with another controller, no with the marvell sas and works fine, i only use one of this with a ssd to store there my virtual machines

*edit

for example, right now have crash one hdd

VmxZETa.png

*edit2

i have rearmed my raid and a funny thing is that the system itself change the number of the disk so i take the disk 3 that is suposed to be faulty and ... eh! right know is the disk 5 so again ... to rearm the raid and next time try another disk

Edited by Guest

Hi there,

I'm pretty new here. But does anyone know if I can use this quad network adapter?

Intel D47316-004 - Intel Pro/1000 PT Quad Port Server Adapter - EXPI9404PT

Adapter Model: D47316-004P / NEXPI9404PTController

I don't have it yet. But I'm thinking of getting it.

Anyone?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Would it be possible to add driver support for HP Proliant software controllers (like the B120i one)? Basically the hpvsa driver.

Thanks!

Like the rest of the "B" series Smart Array controllers, this device is a software based RAID controller. A driver enables the RAID function.

The driver is called hpvsa.

This driver is close source by HP and it's only available for Red Hat (CentOS) and SUSE, so we can't add it to XPEnoboot.

If you disble the RAID function in systems ROM of your Smart Array, the systems treats the controller as a standard disk controller so you can use either SATA or SAS drives and DSM "should" detects your drives.

It does not work to operate Smart Array E200 controller, what to see?

This controller is supported by cciss driver BUT:

The cciss driver is a block driver, while the hpsa driver is a SCSI driver.

This means that logical drives which would be presented with devices nodes like "/dev/cciss/c0d0" with cciss driver and "/dev/sdX" with hpsa.

Unfortunately I think DSM only detect drive with /dev/sdX style.

You can test to disable RAID in your E200 controller and maybe like above the systems will treats the controller as a standard disk controller.

Again with problems.

when i was completly rearmed my shr raid with 3 disk i want to expand with another one and ...what happen ?

33Vastt.png

again, i check all de thisk with crystal disk and all are Ok but the raid always fail, mvsas problem again?

Good morning,

Just signed up to put in a request, i have just migrated xpenology to a new system and it seems my network indicators are no longer working.

Is it possible to add the network drivers for: GA-78LMT-S2P

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/produc ... id=3833#dl

Sorry if this is not the correct link but i am not 100% sure what is required?

Thanks in advance!

Again with problems.

when i was completly rearmed my shr raid with 3 disk i want to expand with another one and ...what happen ?

33Vastt.png

again, i check all de thisk with crystal disk and all are Ok but the raid always fail, mvsas problem again?

After some lame fix I "backported" mvsas from kernel 4.7.

- Download mvsas.ko : https://download.xpenology.xyz/mvsas.ko

- Boot your system and copy mvsas.ko to your DSM (do not copy it in /lib/modules/ it will be overwritten at reboot)

- rmmod mvsas (during grub or when DSM is booted) and insmod the "new" one (!! if DSM is only installed on disk connected to your marvell controller your system will crash !!)

- Run some tests

Can you please give the output of /var/messages when DSM mark your drive as faulty/bad.

@Trantor

I believe this should get VIRTIO disk to work.

edit the following file:

drivers/block/virtio_blk.c

on line 758 in the latest posted kernel source change:

virtblk_name_format("vd", index, vblk->disk->disk_name, DISK_NAME_LEN);

to

virtblk_name_format("sd", index, vblk->disk->disk_name, DISK_NAME_LEN);

then synology should be able to detect virtio disks. if you can try this to see if it works or help assist me in getting a working .config i would greatly appreciate it. :cool:

Again with problems.

33Vastt.png

After some lame fix I "backported" mvsas from kernel 4.7.

- Download mvsas.ko : https://download.xpenology.xyz/mvsas.ko

- Boot your system and copy mvsas.ko to your DSM (do not copy it in /lib/modules/ it will be overwritten at reboot)

- rmmod mvsas (during grub or when DSM is booted) and insmod the "new" one (!! if DSM is only installed on disk connected to your marvell controller your system will crash !!)

- Run some tests

Can you please give the output of /var/messages when DSM mark your drive as faulty/bad.

Sorry, i dont know what i'm doing wrong but i cant load the new mvsas.ko modified.

after i unload the mvsas, when i try to install the new and reboot to test it the old one is again loaded

Hi Trantor,

Can you please patch the mcp89 controller?

The controller is already patched in the upstream kernel but not in this the current version https://github.com/torvalds/linux/commit/cb85696d7277592ddbd2897db9a29f3ec6e9fe11.

I tried to patch myself and it half worked, xpenology can detect my drive, but the installation failed (13).

Here are my last build.

http://xpenology.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18379

Thanks