XPEnology Community

Drivers requests for DSM 5.2

I am sorry, I thought that was what I was doing!

I looked into this list before posting...

http://xpenology.me/compatible/

...and Realtek RTL8111GR is not included.

Sorry that the CPU question drifted off - but since the J3160 is a very new CPU stepping isn't it logical to assume that throttling does not work due to a lack of drivers?

Intel P-State will support this CPU.

Realtek RTL8111GR is recent too. I will look to update r8168 to the latest version.

EDIT:

Others have issues with this network adapter : http://forums.openmediavault.org/index. ... -any-luck/

hi Trantor,

Is it possible to know which Sensors are included by default besides the ones listed in the changelog? Can you please check if the ITE IT87XX sensor is supported already? I would like to request to have the ITE sensor driver added to enable power management features. Thank you!

Is there a possibility that the HP Smart Array P400 can be made to work?

It's plan for next release which will be release very soon as we are in the latest stage of tests.

Changelog:

DSM

[OK] Add 5.2.5967 support

[OK] Fix Control Panel > Hardware & Power issue in 5967

[OK] Fix bios reset issue on some system (this may break the power on/off schedule function)

Storage

[OK] Add cciss for HP driver Smart Array E200 Controller

[OK] Updated hpsa module for HP H240 12Gb 2-ports Int Smart Host Bus Adapter

[OK] Add pata_amd, pata_jmicron

Network

[OK] Updated ixgbe driver for X550 10G Network

Misc

[OK] intel_pstate

[OK] sr_mod and cdrom.ko modules for external usb cd/dvd devices

Sensors

[OK] Winbond w83627ehf

[OK] Winbond W83795ADG

[OK] Fintek F71808A

[OK] Nuvoton nct6775

DVB

[OK] Fix DVB dongle detection since 5644 build

Time Backup

[OK] Fix system freeze by building dm-snapshot module

Hi Trantor,

could you please add driver support for DVBSky T9580.

Driver and firmware

Following firmware files are needed for version 1: dvb-demod-m88ds3103.fw, dvb-demod-si2168-a30-01.fw and dvb-tuner-si2158-a20-01.fw.

And for version 3: dvb-demod-m88ds3103.fw, dvb-demod-si2168-b40-01.fw

All can be found from OpenELEC firmware tree [1].

As an alternative, you can get the firmware from the producer's site: http://www.dvbsky.net/Support_linux.html

Place the firmware files under /lib/firmware

http://www.dvbsky.net/Support_linux.html

hi trantor,

thx for your great work about implementing DXE-820T DualPort 10G Copper NIC.

Today i was finally able to play a bit with my system and swapped the fiber against copper nic in combination with my new 10G copper switch (dxs-1210-12TC).

(XPE with 32GB Ram, LSI 9300-16i, DXE-820T DXS-1210-12TC <10fiber> dgs-1510-28x server , the upload is stored in RAM of XPE, so this is the pure network troughput)

vplk6fm3.jpg

Hi Trantor!

Is there any possibilities to put TBS TV Tuners drivers for this models :

TBS5881 USB DVB-T2/T/C CI TV Box

TBS6205 Quad Tuner PCIe Card

drivers can be downloaded from :

http://www.tbsdtv.com/download/

Thank you!

xpe team wont include tbs drivers because they have to be compiled in dvb-c or dvb-t mode, you have to build yourself, and its very simple.

i can compile them for you if you want, you have to tell me what mode do you want, and you have to know what modules you need to start.

i can compile both modes if someone want them, but you guys need to know all dependences that are needed.

i have one tbs6281 in dvb-c mode, and i need this modules to work as exemple:

saa716x_tbs-dvb.ko

saa716x_core.ko

tbs62x1fe.ko (this one is the one related to my card, others are dvb-core.ko dependences)

tbs6290fe.ko

tbs6991se.ko

tbs6928fe.ko

tbs6922fe.ko

tbs6983fe.ko

tbs6618fe.ko

tbs6991fe.ko

tbs6982se.ko

tbs6928se.ko

tbs6985se.ko

tbs6923fe.ko

tbs6680fe.ko

tbs6982fe.ko

stv090x.ko

rc-core.ko

dvb-core.ko

Hi Trantor!

Is there any possibilities to put TBS TV Tuners drivers for this models :

TBS5881 USB DVB-T2/T/C CI TV Box

TBS6205 Quad Tuner PCIe Card

drivers can be downloaded from :

http://www.tbsdtv.com/download/

Thank you!

xpe team wont include tbs drivers because they have to be compiled in dvb-c or dvb-t mode, you have to build yourself, and its very simple.

i can compile them for you if you want, you have to tell me what mode do you want, and you have to know what modules you need to start.

i can compile both modes if someone want them, but you guys need to know all dependences that are needed.

i have one tbs6281 in dvb-c mode, and i need this modules to work as exemple:

saa716x_tbs-dvb.ko

saa716x_core.ko

tbs62x1fe.ko (this one is the one related to my card, others are dvb-core.ko dependences)

tbs6290fe.ko

tbs6991se.ko

tbs6928fe.ko

tbs6922fe.ko

tbs6983fe.ko

tbs6618fe.ko

tbs6991fe.ko

tbs6982se.ko

tbs6928se.ko

tbs6985se.ko

tbs6923fe.ko

tbs6680fe.ko

tbs6982fe.ko

stv090x.ko

rc-core.ko

dvb-core.ko

Hi JMMR,

Thank you for your answer.

I need both drivers to be compiled in DVB-C mode if you can help me it will be brilliant or if you can explain the procedure of compiling them.

I want to use them with TVheadend and DVBLogic packages.

Thank you again.

Hi all!

I have a question: i use XPEnology on a Thinkpad T61 notebook (UPS integrated haha :grin: ). I would like to use my the notebook's wifi card to add more bandbandwidth to my system, or use IPcam directly, or something like this. Is there any solution to use Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 wifi card with my system?

Thanks for the help!

Tamas

Hi,

I would just like to ask if the drivers for

1 Realtek RTL8201N PHY (dedicated IPMI) and supported. If not, will they be in the near future.

Its for the supermicro xeon d MB.

Thanks

From realtek website:

Q9: Why don't I find RTL8201x driver on the website?

A9: 
RTL8201, RTL8201BL, RTL8201CL, RTL8201CP, RTL8201N and RTL8211B(L) are all PHYceiver. That is a driverless hardware device. Software driver are relative to Network controller ( MAC ) which is integrated into chipset in such case mostly. Please contact your mother board maker or chipset manufacturer to obtain proper driver support.

I would love to see Prolific and FTDI USB Serial drivers included

I will check for this.

Dear Trantor,

is there a place to download and test dev builds?

Thanks a lot

No place to dowload dev builds but maybe in the future.

What's going on with the new version now? The summer is here and those fan/temp sensors would be more than useful.

It will be available when the development team will have more free time...

From realtek website:

A9: 
RTL8201, RTL8201BL, RTL8201CL, RTL8201CP, RTL8201N and RTL8211B(L) are all PHYceiver. That is a driverless hardware device. Software driver are relative to Network controller ( MAC ) which is integrated into chipset in such case mostly. Please contact your mother board maker or chipset manufacturer to obtain proper driver support.

Sorry for the stupid question, but if its a driverless hardware device than it should work right?

thanks

From realtek website:

A9: 

Sorry for the stupid question, but if its a driverless hardware device than it should work right?

thanks

thanks

I don't think you can use this interface like normal lan interface because it is dedicated for IPMI use.

On the other hand the X10SDV-4C-TLN2F have two onboard intel 10gb interfaces wich are supported by the ixgbe driver :smile:

thanks

I don't think you can use this interface like normal lan interface because it is dedicated for IPMI use.

On the other hand the X10SDV-4C-TLN2F have two onboard intel 10gb interfaces wich are supported by the ixgbe driver :smile:

Thank you, thats what i was wondering, its hard to find which drivers are for what :smile:

Will build my nas soon and report if everything is in order.

thanks again!