XPEnology Community

Drivers requests for DSM 5.2

Hello guys,

can you please help me to build 3.10.35 "saa716x_budget" kernel modules for XPEnology DSM 5.2-5592 DS3615xs

Driver is here https://github.com/ljalves/linux_media/ ... ci/saa716x

I spend several hours trying to build it directly on NAS with Debian Chroot and extracted bromolow-gcc473_glibc217_x86_64-GPL.txz + 5565branch x64-source.txz but I failed. :oops:

Thank you very much,

BR,

M.

Hi, is there anyway to add Dell R610 NIC drivers? I believe its the Broadcom BCM5709C not too positive... even after trying 5644 I receive eth0/1/2/3 are not up. Thanks :smile:

I made a mistake and put the missing firmware in /lib/firmware/bnx2x/ instead of /lib/firmware/bnx2/ :sad:

You have to move the file bnx2-mips-09-6.2.1b.fw from bnx2x to bnx2 folder.

This will be fix the next repack/release.

Hi, is there anyway to add Dell R610 NIC drivers? I believe its the Broadcom BCM5709C not too positive... even after trying 5644 I receive eth0/1/2/3 are not up. Thanks :smile:

I made a mistake and put the missing firmware in /lib/firmware/bnx2x/ instead of /lib/firmware/bnx2/ :sad:

You have to move the file bnx2-mips-09-6.2.1b.fw from bnx2x to bnx2 folder.

This will be fix the next repack/release.

Ok cool, is there an easy way to do it? Ive never worked with images before and I have no clue how to. I would need the idiot how to guide lol.

Thanks for the help :smile:

Hello, I'm not really sure how to go about this or if this has already been requested. But is it possible to add support for this ASRock motherboard (see below) - So that it can be run outside of 'ide mode' (ahci mode). Because of having to run in IDE mode I lose several SATA ports that the board comes with and I'm considering adding more hard drives soon. Hopefully this request is in the right place.

ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 2.4GHz/DDR3/SATA3/V&2GbE/Mini-ITX Motherboard and CPU Combo C2750D4I

http://www.asrockrack.com/general/produ ... I#Download

-NeoenY152

Hello, I'm not really sure how to go about this or if this has already been requested. But is it possible to add support for this ASRock motherboard (see below) - So that it can be run outside of 'ide mode' (ahci mode). Because of having to run in IDE mode I lose several SATA ports that the board comes with and I'm considering adding more hard drives soon. Hopefully this request is in the right place.

ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 2.4GHz/DDR3/SATA3/V&2GbE/Mini-ITX Motherboard and CPU Combo C2750D4I

-NeoenY152

I already read something similar about switching from AHCI to IDE in the forum.

Can you explain what happen exactly in both mode with maximum details.

EDIT:

After reading motherboard manual I see 12 SATA ports handle by two controllers:

Intel : 2 x SATA3 6.0 Gb/s, 4 x SATA2 3.0 Gb/s

Additional SATA

- Marvell SE9172: 2 x SATA3 6.0 Gb/s, support RAID 0, 1

- Marvell SE9230: 4 x SATA3 6.0 Gb/s, support RAID 0, 1,

Which SATA ports are working and which doesn't ?

-NeoenY152

I already read something similar about switching from AHCI to IDE in the forum.

Can you explain what happen exactly in both mode with maximum details.

EDIT:

After reading motherboard manual I see 12 SATA ports handle by two controllers:

Intel : 2 x SATA3 6.0 Gb/s, 4 x SATA2 3.0 Gb/s

Additional SATA

- Marvell SE9172: 2 x SATA3 6.0 Gb/s, support RAID 0, 1

- Marvell SE9230: 4 x SATA3 6.0 Gb/s, support RAID 0, 1,

Which SATA ports are working and which doesn't ?

I have the C2750D4I MB.

I have the same issue. The Intel and Marvell SE9230 ports are working, in IDE aswell as AHCI mode. But when I enable the Marvell SE9172, I get =trigger device plug event= when trying boot. This is only 2x sata, so not such a big issue for me.

So it lookslike there are an issue with the Marvell SE9172 drivers.

I'm running 5.2-5592.2

Thank's for the great work!!!

Edited by Guest

Does this help?

^ photostation public album, let me know if it does not work.

It actually looks like one of my 120gb SSDs is missing from these screens, I have 6 drives but only 5 are showing here.

Let me know if you need more info.

-NeoenY152

Edited by Guest

I have the C2750D4I MB.

I have the same issue. The Intel and Marvell SE9230 ports are working, in IDE aswell as AHCI mode. But when I enable the Marvell SE9172, I get =trigger device plug event= when trying boot. This is only 2x sata, so not such a big issue for me.

So it lookslike there are an issue with the Marvell SE9172 drivers.

I'm running 5.2-5592.2

Thank's for the great work!!!

Thank's for this feedback.

I read some informations about this issue here : viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5203&start=10

Some users disable marvell controllers, some switch intel and marvell to IDE and other disable COM ports...

Asrock C2750D4I --> "Intel RC Setup -> South Bridge Chipset Configuration -> SATA Configuration -> SATA Mode Selection = IDE"

Can you please confirm that you can boot and use intel and marvell 9230 in AHCI mode without any issue.

If it's ok try to disable everything exept marvell 9172 controller and do to some tests in both mode (AHCI & IDE) to confirm the issue.

This will maybe help us to find a fix to this boot hang issue

Ok after quite a few different configs, including a factory reset, here is where I am with a functional xpenology boot up.

9230 enabled

9172 AHCI Mode - This was originally set to IDE mode, and now is set to AHCI.

All southbridge configs set to IDE mode. - When they were set to AHCI mode It would hang on boot. I don't think I even have any disk's plugged into the intel controller at this point.

Volume is currently healthy but running parity check, so it may be a while before I can reboot and try other configurations.

Edit: After running it this way for a couple hours I did lose a drive, which I remembered happening previously. It's very unstable if anything is set to AHCI. So I have switched 9172 back to IDE and booted and I'm having to rebuild my SSD Cache.

I am going to try to arrange for testing a hard drive in one of the Intel controller slots tonight. I'll report back with my results.

-NeoenY152

I can confirm that I can use intel and marvell 9230 in AHCI mode without any issues When marvell 9172 is disabled.

But, I did some more testing :smile:

I have now tried all configs that I could think of, and I only found One middle ground, Marvell SE9172+Intel C2750 SATA3 Don't Mix. But they Did all work in Nanoboot.

I used 5.2-5644.1 for testing.

SE9230+SE9172 = Working

SE9230+C2750 SATA2+C2750 SATA3 = Working

SE9172+C2750 SATA3 = NOT Working

SE9230+SE9172+C2750 SATA2+C2750 SATA3 = NOT Working

SE9230+SE9172+C2750 SATA2 = Working

C2750 SATA2+C2750 SATA3 = Working

C2750 SATA3 = Working

C2750 SATA2 = Working

SE9172 = Working

SE9230 = Working

I didn't find any indications that IDE or AHCI made any difference.

So to sume up, when I enable Marvell SE9172 and the two SATA3 ports on the Intel C2750 Controller at the same time, I get this boot hang issue "=trigger device plug event="

Hope this helps.

Thanks for doing such thorough testing stelle007.

I went with what you said and turned off the intel chipset all together leaving only 9172 and 9230 on, set to AHCI and although it booted and ran fine for about 2 hours, it did eventually crash one of my disks. Intel off and Marvell set to IDE mode is more stable so far.

So although it boots ok, it is still very unstable with AHCI on.

When I can get to the machine physically I'm going to do more testing with the Intel controller.

Edit: I take that back, I had a drive drop off again even with AHCI on. I guess before I started messing with it today I had it propped up just right to be "stable". I've now switched all 6 drives to the Intel controller, turned off 9172 and left 9230 on. I'll see if this is more stable.

It was 14 or 15 from the mobo diagram that kept dying on me. Not sure which one.

14 SATA3 Connector (SATAIII_M2, White)

15 SATA3 Connector (SATAIII_M3, White)

-NeoenY152

Marvell SE9172+Intel C2750 SATA3 Don't Mix. But they Did all work in Nanoboot.

So to sume up, when I enable Marvell SE9172 and the two SATA3 ports on the Intel C2750 Controller at the same time, I get this boot hang issue "=trigger device plug event="

Hope this helps.

First thanks you and neoeny152 for these feedbacks.

Which version of Nanoboot it is ? Did it works with eveything in AHCI mode and all controllers enabled?

Thanks for confirmation. It looks like whole bunch of drivers is gone with upgrade. Kernel doesnt even log insertin of the DVB dongle, but removal is somehow logged.

LSLarry

I've found one solution with these drivers : I boot with the xpenoboot 5592.2 usb key and not with the 5644.1 but after upgrading the DSM in 5644.1... And it works. The only thing not working is the iSCSI...

Hello Trantor, THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR ALL OF YOUR HARD WORK ALL THE TIME, YOU AND THE TEAM HAVE MADE THIS AMAZING!!!

I am running DSM 5.2-5644 Update 2, using the built-in NIC currently, Dell Inspiron 620, and it's working fine.

Having said that, I am however wanting to add an additional NIC, which is a PCI-E Dual Port Gigabit card.

HP PCI-E NC382T

Broadcom BCM5709CC0KPB6 is what's printed on the chip.

http://h20564.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/pub ... id=3794317

It's not currently recognized, in my DSM with the most current XPEnoboot 5.2-5644.1, so assuming not supported...but I could be wrong. :geek:

Any help or feedback you are able to provide would be most appreciated!