XPEnology Community

Drivers requests for DSM 5.2

Really dying for a full support of LSI RAID cards 9211 in particular, with the ability to install and boot XPEnology form attached drives.

I own a LSI 9211-4i, unfortunately for now it's not possible to install DSM on drives attached to it, but disks are detected in DSM when it's installed on a drive connected to the motheboard.

Yesterday I build a test version with mpt2sas driver built-in the kernel and not loaded as module.... no yet tested on my system ^^

Don't think its still possible to do this one, not sure though, this quote is from page 2.

Hi all,

Being able to install xpenology on a big proliant server would be nice. I got it as far as booting, seing the disks and then start the setup. However, after the first reboot, during the installation, it boots only from the usb stick and shows "configuration lost" when using the configuration assistant.

Looks like the drivers for the storage are being loaded after the storage is needed to boot the DSM.

So maybe more driver for the new smart array controller from HP would be nice.

But keep up the good work guys, it runs great on a MicroServer!

Hi all,

Being able to install xpenology on a big proliant server would be nice. I got it as far as booting, seing the disks and then start the setup. However, after the first reboot, during the installation, it boots only from the usb stick and shows "configuration lost" when using the configuration assistant.

Looks like the drivers for the storage are being loaded after the storage is needed to boot the DSM.

So maybe more driver for the new smart array controller from HP would be nice.

But keep up the good work guys, it runs great on a MicroServer!

Hi,

what do you mean with big?

I have my backup/recovery xpenology set up at a HP Proliant ML 310e G8. It runs fine there, only the auto wakeup causes a bios checksum error and needs factory reset (same issue happens on my main device too.. :roll: ), auto shutdown is fine

can you access the device after install via webgui? i sometimes see the same error message in the syno discovery tool, but the system is working fine. please check that first.. :smile:

p.s. if you use and HBA's, maybe you also should check out the HBA version, there are some HBA's supported, while in normal version not

Can you build a snd-hda-intel.ko, sound card driver for intel ALC662/882.
Audio Realtek® ALC887 (GA-C1037UN-EU). Driver download link: http://goo.gl/b6IXI want my NAS can play music directly.

Beta8 will include sound drivers.

driver request for Dell Perc h710p raid card

Dell PERC use mpt2sas (already included)

Could you please look for add full RTL8111E and MARVEL YUKON 88E8056 support on dsm (4.3-3827) ?
please add marvell yukon 88e8039 pci-e fast ethernet controller driver
How do I install the driver.This is network pci card. SITECOM LN-027

RTL8111E already working with r8168 driver, SITECOM LN-027 is based on a realtek chipset, it should work

MARVEL YUKON 88E8056 and 88E8039 already working with sk98lin driver.

Driver request for an adaptec 5805 raid card
please add the drivers for the Adaptec ASR-5085Z (flashed from Sun 375-3536)

aacraid is already included but maybe it's too recent version to handle these card properly.

I will build it with the kernel sources

Hello, maybe not the right place to post but I would appreciate any help on this issue: while my ethernet connection (LAN1) seems to be working properly, no activity is shown in resources monitor under 4.3-3810 update 4. The main purpose to my server is to run PLEX on it, which is happening quite well at the moment. Any suggestions? Thnks folks.

How many LAN ports do you have?

1 LAN port.

that will be nice. any words on the cifs mount? :razz:

I just tested on a clean beta7 setup and CIFS mount is working.

Will iSCSI be working again in the HBA version of Beta8?

Synology doesn't provide all sources for iSCSI and adding some options to the kernel break it.

I will look to get it working in iet mode.

Cool, thanks.

Is there any loss of functionality with regards to going to IET mode?

Alternatively, is there a possibility of only adding the HBA drivers to the v1.0 release? I've been running quite happily from that one apart from that all the motherboard SATA ports are full and I have a LSI SAS 2008 card unused :wink:

When will beta 8 be coming out?

When I will found some time to finish some testing :wink:

Cool, thanks.

Alternatively, is there a possibility of only adding the HBA drivers to the v1.0 release? I've been running quite happily from that one apart from that all the motherboard SATA ports are full and I have a LSI SAS 2008 card unused :wink:

I sucessfully get iSCSI (regular and block) working in iet mode.

For regular mode, LUN must be created with advanced LUN features disabled (otherwise errors about vaai occurs).

You can test with beta7, iSCSI *should* works too.

To switch iSCSI to iet mode edit /etc/synoinfo.conf and /etc.defaults/synoinfo.conf:

iscsi_target_type="iet"

Using a Dell 530 everything appears to be great but after a few minutes it crashes because the /tmp/synologXXXXX-0 files use up all available space on /tmp. The files are filled with lines that look like this:

1       Information     2014/03/07 20:25:29     SYNOLOG SYSTEM  The clear buzzer botton has been pressed.

I believe the problem is that the Dell 530 series does not have a normal serial port (only USB).

Any suggestions?

Also I just noticed DSM 5.0 is out. Any ETA on a 5.0 build?

Driver request for an adaptec 5805 raid card
please add the drivers for the Adaptec ASR-5085Z (flashed from Sun 375-3536)

aacraid is already included but maybe it's too recent version to handle these card properly.

I will build it with the kernel sources

I don't suppose your going to be releasing a update to beta 7 with the modified kernel before releasing beta 8??

When will beta 8 be coming out?

When I will found some time to finish some testing :wink:

Cool, thanks.

I sucessfully get iSCSI (regular and block) working in iet mode.

For regular mode, LUN must be created with advanced LUN features disabled (otherwise errors about vaai occurs).

You can test with beta7, iSCSI *should* works too.

To switch iSCSI to iet mode edit /etc/synoinfo.conf and /etc.defaults/synoinfo.conf:

iscsi_target_type="iet"

Oh that is very unfortunate. The main reason I'm running xpenology IS because it supports VAAI. I'm using the iSCSI target for an extensive VSphere homelab :-/

Trantor and others first of all great work!! I love what you guys succeeded until now.

But I do have a question / request.

it is possible to use the Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2230 to get working on the gigabyte GA-Z77N-WIFI?

would be outstanding.

running build XPEnology_DS3612xs_3810-repack-trantor-v1.0 upgraded to XPEnology_DS3612xs_5.0_BETA.

Thanks alot.

sytem config:

XPEnology_DS3612xs_5.0_BETA

Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WIFI

U-nas

4 * 3tb wd

16gb mem

intel i5