XPEnology Community

Drivers requests for DSM 5.2

Hello there,

i have Intel Atom D525 CPU on my PC an i wanted to install in VMWare Workstation 10.. When starting "XPEnology DS3612xs DSM 4.3 build 3810++ (repack v1.0)" i get the message "This kernel requires an x86-64 cpu, but only detected i686 CPU. Unable to boot - please use a Kernel appropriate for your CPU.

I think the CPU is good enough but virtualizing is the problem. Can you tell me some expirience or can i do smething now? Maybe another virtualizing software or settings in VMWare?

Regards, Kurt

Hi the problem is that your CPU doesn't support VT-d instructions so you cannot install this x86-64 version.

Intel® Virtualization Technology (VT-x) No

Intel® Virtualization Technology for Directed I/O (VT-d) No

source : http://ark.intel.com/products/49490

you have to install x86 version viewtopic.php?f=14&t=800

Hi.

I need this driver

Bus 001 Device 003: ID 050d:2103 Belkin Components F7D2102 802.11n N300 Micro Wireless Adapter v3000 [Realtek RTL8192CU]

https://wikidevi.com/wiki/Belkin_F7D2102

http://wireless.kernel.org/en/users/Drivers/rtl819x

ftp://WebUser:AxPL9s3k@23.251.207.30/cn ... 130911.zip

and for bluetooth ORICO BTA-402 CSR8510

Bus 001 Device 007: ID 0a12:0001 Cambridge Silicon Radio, Ltd Bluetooth Dongle (HCI mode)

same issue here but with DSM 4.3 3810 update 4 and synoboot pre v1.1 beta 5

/var/log/messages :

iwlwifi: Unknown symbol pv_irq_ops (err 0)

I will recompil all wifi drivers based on beta6.

oh great, I am waiting for it :smile:

Hi I just upgrade to the last DSM 4.3 build with pre 1.1 beta 7 synoboot but wifi driver for my mobo (Gigabyte GA-H77-N-WIFI) is still not working. Maybe you didn't compile the iwlwifi driver ?

FYI, Wireless Nic is Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2230, it also supports Bluetooth 4.0

hi trantor,

is it possible to add the tweak about max no of disks into the pat file?

i currently use a SC836 chassis with an lsi-9201-16i and x8sil-f mobo. so totally i could have 16 + 6 sata drives, currently i have 13 hdds (3x 4tb wd red SHR1, 5x 2TB HD204UI SHR1, 5x 1,5 WD15EADS SHR1) + 1 SSD (Segate 128GB) in the chassis connected

with last update i experienced some issues as follows (had this issue similar also in 4.3 beta 5)

- after upgrade "migrate" install only 6 of my 14 drives are discovered

=> after copying my "modified" synoinfo.conf (viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2028) all HDDs are discovered, but won't get initialized

(i also modded the "sysctl.conf" to fasten up the raid rebuild)

=> after reboot of system the hdd's are in initialized stated EXCEPT that the system crashes immediately after bootup

===> see video of bootup & chrash https://www.dropbox.com/s/j1ubzjovyokui55/3.avi

troubleshooting was to remove my volume 4 (5x 1,5 TB R5) and insert it one by one (after each insert do a reboot) till i reach disk #4, then the issue occur again

=> so i removed the hdds of the volume and setted up the system again => works fine

==> now i inserted all 5 disks into my backup/recovery/test system (HP ML310 + IBM M1015 IT Flash HBA) and install your beta7 there agian

===> after reboot volume 4 is up with 4 of 5 disks, so i could access and backup my last unsaved date ( :wink: i had done a full backup of volume 4 last weekend onto my real ds-1812+ (8x3 TB R6) )

===> afterwards i plugged all 5 disks again into my SC836 and created a new volume, which now works fine

so all in all it took my 1 night&day to update and recover data

also, i just bought some additional qlogic 10G nics (QLE3242-sr-ck) to play around, can i use the current driver for the QLE82xx series which is included in beta6 upwards?

also, i was reading about kernel from RS10613xs+, do you know if this is still moving onward?

thx

This is an updated beta which include several updates/fixes.

Changelog:

v7 (24/02/2014)

- Update to 4.3-3827 build

- Synology DX510 is properly detected

- Temporarily removed pata_legacy

Trantor/anyone:

Can someone please clarify: is the pata_legacy the driver which enable the Intel ICH7 chipset SATA/PATA-controller and the NM10 chipset/SATA-controller?

@colombodk

I can't speak for the NM10 chipset, but for the ICH7R chipset SATA/PATA controller used in the intel ss4200 the pata_legacy is the only driver that I've found will work for it in all current versions of Ubuntu or Debian. You can use a live CD to load and query for loaded drivers to verify.

hi trantor,

i currently use a SC836 chassis with an lsi-9201-16i and x8sil-f mobo. so totally i could have 16 + 6 sata drives, currently i have 13 hdds (3x 4tb wd red SHR1, 5x 2TB HD204UI SHR1, 5x 1,5 WD15EADS SHR1) + 1 SSD (Segate 128GB) in the chassis connected

thx

As I discovered, sometimes you have to choose create a volume several times before it actually creates a volume

if you watch mdstat output you can see why

eg

cat /proc/mdstat

In brackets you will see the number of drives that are in the MD0 and MD1 Mirror array...

it might look like

[uU.......]

when you choose create volume it might grab another couple of drives and add them to the mirror's

eg

[uUUU.....]

just keep going until you have your 14 drives there (can cound 14 x U's)

[uUUUUUUUUUUUUU..]

then the volume SHOULD create successfully and survive a reboot. :wink:

hi trantor,

thx

As I discovered, sometimes you have to choose create a volume several times before it actually creates a volume

then the volume SHOULD create successfully and survive a reboot. :wink:

hi stanza,

the issue did occur ONLY after upgading / installing the dsm.pat file and after 1st reboot

yesterday i did plug these 5 hdds back into the system (while it was running) and created a new volume (so destroyed the old one) and now the volume works fine and survives reboot

i currently restore my data from this volume

i undestand, that if the volume isn't fine, that the system can't access it, but why i got a shutdown and reboot? also i had to reinstall afterwards the .pat file again as the system crashed.... so for me for future workaround must be to remove this volume physically and manually backup/recover the data (it's only max 6 tb :wink:

i don't know if the issue is caused by the "old" hdds (which are about 4 1/2 years old from my old qnap ts-509pro (bought mid 2009) but last smart was fine)

if so i will by new wd red 4tb or seagate nas 4 tb but would need to be sure, that this won't happen again

is there maybe a way to manually initialize the hdd's via cli?

p.s. this is my proc/mdstat

"

DS-SC836> cat /proc/mdstat

Personalities : [linear] [raid0] [raid1] [raid10] [raid6] [raid5] [raid4]

md3 : active raid5 sdr5[0] sdq5[2] sds5[3]

7804567296 blocks super 1.2 level 5, 64k chunk, algorithm 2 [3/3] [uUU]

md5 : active raid5 sdh5[0] sdl5[4] sdk5[3] sdj5[2] sdi5[1]

5841614592 blocks super 1.2 level 5, 64k chunk, algorithm 2 [5/5] [uUUUU]

md4 : active raid5 sdn5[0] sdg5[4] sdp5[5] sdo5[2] sdm5[1]

7795118592 blocks super 1.2 level 5, 64k chunk, algorithm 2 [5/5] [uUUUU]

md2 : active raid1 sde5[0]

120301632 blocks super 1.2 [1/1]

md1 : active raid1 sde2[0] sdg2[1] sdh2[9] sdi2[12](S) sdj2[13](S) sdk2[11] sdl2[10] sdm2[2] sdn2[3] sdo2[4] sdp2[5] sdq2[6] sdr2[7] sds2[8]

2097088 blocks [12/12] [uUUUUUUUUUUU]

md0 : active raid1 sde1[0] sdg1[1] sdh1[9] sdi1[12](S) sdj1[13](S) sdk1[11] sdl1[10] sdm1[2] sdn1[3] sdo1[4] sdp1[5] sdq1[6] sdr1[7] sds1[8]

2490176 blocks [12/12] [uUUUUUUUUUUU]

unused devices:

DS-SC836>

"

Since i updated to Beta7 Push Notification is broken for me. Does anybody else have the problem?

For me push notification didn't work correctly at all until I changed serial number. After this, it's completely broken and its activation is impossible.

Hi everybody!

I try to setup 7-BETA from Trantor (hba) viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1361&start=360#p12750 on my IBMx346 with ServeRAID-7k scsi adapter. Computer crashed after words :

Autodetecting XPEnology RAID arrays.
Scanned 0 and added 0 devices.
autorun ...
autorun DONE.

Video : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzs_u2 ... sp=sharing

I tried other versions of XPEnology with this adapter and scsi disks and always got "Server error (Error 38)" (it's not real text, I saw it in russian ).

I tried other versions with pata disks and installation was successful.

I boot from Live-CD GRML (kernel 3.10) and I see this raid-controller with virtual disks. Dmesg from this booting is here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzs_u2 ... sp=sharing

Can XPEnology GURUS help me with this problem?

RHEL drivers for this controller : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzs_u2 ... sp=sharing

Edited by Guest

hi trantor,

also, i just bought some additional qlogic 10G nics (QLE3242-sr-ck) to play around, can i use the current driver for the QLE82xx series which is included in beta6 upwards?

thx

=> recieved my 2 QLE3242 NIC's yesterday and both are working with current Beta 7 :grin:

Update DSM to 4.3-3827 build, please update your system to fix security issues in previous version.

Hi Trantor,

what is your prefered update procedure from beta5 while keeping all data on the drives?

My point of view is:

1.) boot up with the new beta7 USB stick

2.) modify /boot/grub/grub.conf with correct mac/serial

3.) install new beta 7 *.pat file manually under dsm update

This should keep all drives, right?