XPEnology Community

Drivers requests for DSM 5.2

Is the support of A85X (Hudson D4) AMD chipset planned?

It could be very interesting, because some motherboards based on this chipset have a lot of SATA ports. They are also not too expensive.

Have you tried with A85X chip yet? it's already been supported.

I did not try yet.

But I saw a post in the forum saying that the A85X was not supported by XPEnology. That's the reason why, I asked for the support. Did you test the A85X?

Do you know also, if the AMD A88X (Bolton D4) chipset is supported?

Yesterday I received an A88X motherboard. It's the FM2A88M Extreme4+ from ASRock (8 SATA 3 ports).

I performed a quick test with 4 HDDs attached the motherboard controller on port 1 to 4.

The installation of XPEnology DS3612xs DSM 4.3 build 3810++ (repack v1.0) was sucessful.

The disk were recognized without any issue.

The test was performed with an Intel Pro1000 PCIEx1 NIC. But I saw somewhere in the release note of a XPE version that the onboard Realtek Atheros AR8171 is also managed. I will check later.

Edited by Guest

I did not try yet.

But I saw a post in the forum saying that the A85X was not supported by XPEnology. That's the reason why, I asked for the support. Did you test the A85X?

Do you know also, if the AMD A88X (Bolton D4) chipset is supported?

Yesterday I received an A88X motherboard. It's the FM2A88M Extreme4+ from ASRock (8 SATA 3 ports).

I performed a quick test with 4 HDDs attached the motherboard controller on port 1 to 4.

The installation of XPEnology DS3612xs DSM 4.3 build 3810++ (repack v1.0) was sucessful.

The disk were recognized without any issue.

The test was performed with an Intel Pro1000 PCIEx1 NIC. But I saw somewhere in the release note of a XPE version that the onboard Realtek Atheros AR8171 is also managed. I will check later.

Edited by Guest

Hello,

I was wondering, is it possible that the DSM 5 beta supports an onboard wifi PCEe card (ac)? Can I use the wifi card instead of LAN cable?

Board is an ASROCK Z87E-ITX (http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z87E-ITX/)

Wifi PCIe model here:

https://wikidevi.com/wiki/Broadcom_BCM94352HMB

Linux driver (64/bit) for the PCIe card here:

http://www.broadcom.com/support/802.11/linux_sta.php

Was wondering if there was any mention of drivers being added for this board's wifi PCEe card with bluetooth ?

Would like the wifi working and if we get bluetooth that would be a plus.

Hello,

I was wondering, is it possible that the DSM 5 beta supports an onboard wifi PCEe card (ac)? Can I use the wifi card instead of LAN cable?

Board is an ASROCK Z87E-ITX (http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z87E-ITX/)

Wifi PCIe model here:

https://wikidevi.com/wiki/Broadcom_BCM94352HMB

Linux driver (64/bit) for the PCIe card here:

http://www.broadcom.com/support/802.11/linux_sta.php

Was wondering if there was any mention of drivers being added for this board's wifi PCEe card with bluetooth ?

Would like the wifi working and if we get bluetooth that would be a plus.

I have a raidcontroller from Dawicontrol.. ds-624e.. it uses a Marvell 9230 chip.

Any chance for support on this?

Just found this for your controller:

http://ubuntu.5.x6.nabble.com/3-8-y-z-e ... 50287.html

http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-ide/msg46859.html

I will patch the kernel with their informations in order to handle Marvell 9230 chip.

I have a raidcontroller from Dawicontrol.. ds-624e.. it uses a Marvell 9230 chip.

Any chance for support on this?

Just found this for your controller:

http://ubuntu.5.x6.nabble.com/3-8-y-z-e ... 50287.html

http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-ide/msg46859.html

I will patch the kernel with their informations in order to handle Marvell 9230 chip.

Hi Trantor..

Perfect...

I don't know if I did anything yesterday... I did fiddle around alot trying in complete noob style to figure out how to add the driver...

but.. today when I logged in to xpenology dsm .. the disks were present..

Dunno how.. or if it just kindda came online..

the only thing that I did really was try this:

Hello,

The Marvell 9230 controller should be loaded via the Linux AHCI driver.

Can you run the following command and check to see if the controller is listed.

sudo lspci | grep -i Marvell

Output:

05:00.0 SATA controller: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. Device 9230 (rev 08)

07:00.0 SATA controller: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. 88SE9172 SATA 6Gb/s Controller (rev 11)

If you see something similar to the above, run this command here:

sudo echo 1b4b 9230 > /sys/bus/pci/drivers/ahci/new_id

The two values listed above are the vendor and product id for the controller and there is a space between those two values. After running the above command, run the below.

dmesg |grep sd

Check to see if any new disks are detected.

which I did .. i didn't find the exact phrasing: SATA controller: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. Device 9230 (rev 08)

but something like 88SE9172 and I tried adding it with the echo 1b4b etc etc..

but after I rebooted.. nothing showed in dsm..

So maybe something is already present that recognizes the controller.. but I think.. if you can find something proper.. then that would be a lot more reliable..

Thanks for your great work!

Hi Trantor..

Perfect...

I don't know if I did anything yesterday... I did fiddle around alot trying in complete noob style to figure out how to add the driver...

but.. today when I logged in to xpenology dsm .. the disks were present..

Dunno how.. or if it just kindda came online..

the only thing that I did really was try this:

Hello,

Can you run the following command and check to see if the controller is listed.

sudo lspci | grep -i Marvell

Output:

05:00.0 SATA controller: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. Device 9230 (rev 08)

07:00.0 SATA controller: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. 88SE9172 SATA 6Gb/s Controller (rev 11)

If you see something similar to the above, run this command here:

sudo echo 1b4b 9230 > /sys/bus/pci/drivers/ahci/new_id

The two values listed above are the vendor and product id for the controller and there is a space between those two values. After running the above command, run the below.

dmesg |grep sd

Check to see if any new disks are detected.

which I did .. i didn't find the exact phrasing: SATA controller: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. Device 9230 (rev 08)

but something like 88SE9172 and I tried adding it with the echo 1b4b etc etc..

but after I rebooted.. nothing showed in dsm..

So maybe something is already present that recognizes the controller.. but I think.. if you can find something proper.. then that would be a lot more reliable..

Thanks for your great work!

This is what the patch does by including marvell 9230 id to ahci.c

When you type : # echo 1b4b 9230 > /sys/bus/pci/drivers/ahci/new_id

you manually add marvell 9230 id to the ahci stack so dsm can detect drives, but it's not "reboot proof" ^^

This is what the patch does by including marvell 9230 id to ahci.c

When you type : # echo 1b4b 9230 > /sys/bus/pci/drivers/ahci/new_id

you manually add marvell 9230 id to the ahci stack so dsm can detect drives, but it's not "reboot proof" ^^

Please fix Sil3132 PCI eSata Card Support in 4.3/5.0. It works with 4.2, but not with 4.3/5.0!!!

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2269

Hi Deynet-

I think I have he same problem as you, I cannot get my sil3132 card to properly work with port multiplier, but it is detected (only 1 of 4 drives detected). Is this what you are seeing too?

Strangely, I can't get mine to do anything different on 4.2 or 4.3. Only shows 1 drive under either build. However, if I boot to Ubuntu, all the drives show up, so I know the hardware is good.

Please fix Sil3132 PCI eSata Card Support in 4.3/5.0. It works with 4.2, but not with 4.3/5.0!!!

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2269

Hi Deynet-

I think I have he same problem as you, I cannot get my sil3132 card to properly work with port multiplier, but it is detected (only 1 of 4 drives detected). Is this what you are seeing too?

Strangely, I can't get mine to do anything different on 4.2 or 4.3. Only shows 1 drive under either build. However, if I boot to Ubuntu, all the drives show up, so I know the hardware is good.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2269

Hi Deynet-

Trantor- any thoughts?

Thanks

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2269

Hi Deynet-

Trantor- any thoughts?

Thanks

Hi, Trantor!

I builded recently a new hardware configuration for my xpenology - based on lsi 9211-8i with 8 hdd-s on it. So I had to try beta 6 hba version. Everything is fine except of one minor issue.

Here is something strange in dmesg output:

XPEnologyU> dmesg | grep -i pata
[    1.447614] scsi0 : pata_legacy
[    1.447724] ata1: PATA max PIO4 cmd 0x1f0 ctl 0x3f6 irq 14
[    1.599757] scsi1 : pata_legacy
[    1.599858] ata2: PATA max PIO4 cmd 0x170 ctl 0x376 irq 15

You see here two positions reserved for pata drives... What shall it mean??? I have asus P8Z77-I Deluxe mobo without any pata at all. It has sata controller, but I turned it off completely in bios.

As the result I have my 8 hdd-s as:

XPEnologyU> fdisk -l |grep Disk |sort
Disk /dev/sdc: 2000.3 GB, 2000398934016 bytes
Disk /dev/sdd: 2000.3 GB, 2000398934016 bytes
Disk /dev/sde: 2000.3 GB, 2000398934016 bytes
Disk /dev/sdf: 2000.3 GB, 2000398934016 bytes
Disk /dev/sdg: 2000.3 GB, 2000398934016 bytes
Disk /dev/sdh: 2000.3 GB, 2000398934016 bytes
Disk /dev/sdi: 2000.3 GB, 2000398934016 bytes
Disk /dev/sdj: 2000.3 GB, 2000398934016 bytes
Disk /dev/sdu: 8004 MB, 8004304896 bytes

And also in syno-web-interface they are enumerated as disks 3-10 (without disks 1 and 2).

Are there any solution to get rid of those two invisible pata drives?