XPEnology Community

Drivers requests for DSM 5.2

with synoboot pre v1.1 v3

driver for ax8879 is not present

driver fro rt28000usb doesn't work :sad:

I will add all modules in next beta.

Regarding WiFi driver, how will I know which wifi driver I will copy to modules. Im using 4.3

My motherboard is zotac h87 with an onboard wifi. Also can you have driver for bluetooth.

Boot on ubuntu livecd to find out which modules you need.

See next post about SCSi/SAS controllers

Hi Trantor,

I already know my wifi driver that is iwlwifi.ko

I have already copied this to /lib/modules/

but when i try to execute this command : insmod iwlwifi.ko

i have this error: "insmod: can't insert 'iwlwifi.ko': unknown symbol in module, or unknown parameter"

What could be the problem and how will i resolve it?

By the way im using DSM5.0 Beta.

Thank you.

same issue here but with DSM 4.3 3810 update 4 and synoboot pre v1.1 beta 5

/var/log/messages :

iwlwifi: Unknown symbol pv_irq_ops (err 0)

hi trantor,

this may be an unexpected approach and i don't know if it's a driver request.

in viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2316&p=11780#p11780 i discuss about an issue i'm currently experiencing.

Maybe you had experienced something like that too. Do you maybe know how the akeup scheduler works exactely? It seems to write some values into the NVRAM..

Otherwise could you help to integrate the Mainboards RTC into the DSM as of then i could use a script to run the wakup. unfortunately there is no /dev/rtc0..

BR

snoopy78

Please add driver support for the Adaptec 3405 raid controller to the DSM 5.0 beta.

It's handled by the aacraid driver included in 4.3 builds.

For now DSM 5.0 beta doesn't include any scsi/sas driver, I will wait for stable release.

I'm using Beta 5 without any problems until now. Can you explain, under which condistions the mentioned grub error 17 occurs?

It's only happening during installation on first reboot. (it's erase the usb stick)

/var/log/messages :

I will recompil all wifi drivers based on beta6.

in viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2316&p=11780#p11780 i discuss about an issue i'm currently experiencing.

Maybe you had experienced something like that too. Do you maybe know how the akeup scheduler works exactely? It seems to write some values into the NVRAM..

Otherwise could you help to integrate the Mainboards RTC into the DSM as of then i could use a script to run the wakup. unfortunately there is no /dev/rtc0..

I will look for rtc device

I was just wondering if this NIC is also included in the Beta 5 version:

Qualcomm Atheros AR8171

It's the alx driver and it's included since v1.0 :wink:

Hi Trantor!

Cool, then I will order myself an ASROCK B85M-ITX to do the job!

Another question though: I'd like my disks to only contain data, and no OS. Would it be possible to boot from one USB stick, and install the DSM on another?

Maybe using an eSATA DOM / SSD might work?

This way I would keep everything nice and separated :smile:

Thanks!

Hi Trantor,

I already know my wifi driver that is iwlwifi.ko

I have already copied this to /lib/modules/

but when i try to execute this command : insmod iwlwifi.ko

i have this error: "insmod: can't insert 'iwlwifi.ko': unknown symbol in module, or unknown parameter"

What could be the problem and how will i resolve it?

By the way im using DSM5.0 Beta.

Thank you.

/var/log/messages :

Same here. DSM 4.3 3810 Update 4.

Hi Trantor!

Cool, then I will order myself an ASROCK B85M-ITX to do the job!

Another question though: I'd like my disks to only contain data, and no OS. Would it be possible to boot from one USB stick, and install the DSM on another?

Maybe using an eSATA DOM / SSD might work?

This way I would keep everything nice and separated :smile:

Thanks!

That's not how synology works.

Hi XPEH,

I've found your post on it:

Yes. Every hard drive has a small hidden partition(s) where OS from the .pat file is installed. Disk shown as "initialized" and ready to use remaining space for creating data volumes after OS is installed on them.

But I do have another question:

If I have 1 mirrored drive (2TB) and create 1 volume on it, and I also want 1 unprotected drive of 4 TB (so single drive) can I create this without problems in DSM?

I need 1 volume protected for private data, and 1 volume just for media purposes.

THanks!

But I do have another question:

If I have 1 mirrored drive (2TB) and create 1 volume on it, and I also want 1 unprotected drive of 4 TB (so single drive) can I create this without problems in DSM?

I need 1 volume protected for private data, and 1 volume just for media purposes.

THanks!

You can create it as custom separate volume2 without RAID and protection by selecting one drive only, but it still needs to be initialized (system partition installed) before rest of the space become available for volume creation. Alternatively you can connect it via USB. That will not require initialization, but still allow sharing.

Is the support of A85X (Hudson D4) AMD chipset planned?

It could be very interesting, because some motherboards based on this chipset have a lot of SATA ports. They are also not too expensive.

Have you tried with A85X chip yet? it's already been supported.