XPEnology Community

J3160DC-ITX performance

Jablan

Hello, I'm thinking about building NAS and use xpenology on it. I plan to use ASRock J3160DC-ITX MBO so I want to know if here are any people using this board and hopefully post some info about its performance. My main concern is about Gigabit Ethernet performance. There aren't may reviews of this board (or any at all) so I want to know if it can push about 100MB/s in reads and writes from network? Is this MBO good or can you recommend some other? Are new Apollo Lake MBOs any better?

Maybe is better option to go with ASRock J3160-ITX and some picoPSU?

Here is differences between N3150 an J3160: http://www.anandtech.com/show/9806/intel-introduces-new-braswell-stepping-with-j3060-j3160-and-j3710.

They are almost identical. J3160 has newer GPU and increased CPU Burst speed. Unfortunately both 5.2 and 6.0 bootloader doesn't support CPU Bursting. The CPU runs at 1.6GHz all the time.

Beware on Apollo Lake CPUs, they needs patched kernel to work.

• 4 weeks later...
Here is differences between N3150 an J3160: http://www.anandtech.com/show/9806/intel-introduces-new-braswell-stepping-with-j3060-j3160-and-j3710.

They are almost identical. J3160 has newer GPU and increased CPU Burst speed. Unfortunately both 5.2 and 6.0 bootloader doesn't support CPU Bursting. The CPU runs at 1.6GHz all the time.

Beware on Apollo Lake CPUs, they needs patched kernel to work.

Hi Arcao,

I am back Again.. thanks for all your support.

My NAS system with J3160DC is working fine. & tried both ESXi Installation as well as bare-metal installation.

Please suggest for power requirements. If my J3160dc board will occupy 2xRAM slots with CPU FAN, 4x 3.5HDD. which external power source will be required . also share links to buy.

& is there any method to run virtualbox or any other kind on Xpenology ?

Thanks

RAchit

• 5 years later...