XPEnology Community

CIFS copy very slow xpenology <==> xpenology

Dutchman

Hi all,

Working installation with 6.0.2 update 6 (juno on VM)

When I try to copy data from NAS 1 to 2 (both xpenology) my transfer speed is 150kb at max using the build in file browser and cifs mount.

Wen I use my PC I get rates of 100MB/s on both machines.

Need to transfer my data from NAS 1 to 2, any one else having this or any suggestions ?

Do you have a lot of small files?

You could use share folder sync or Cloud Station to get files from one to another.

Nope, 1 mkv file for example of 20gig.

Slow transfer only by the web file explorer, with smb access (windows client) transfer speed is 100mb/s VS web ui (file explorer with cifs connection) 150kb/s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If top speed is the only criteria, I found using a Windows 10 box to copy from one to the other yielded the best result. I even have a real synology in the mix. robocopy, even free filesync offer flexibility and speed.

If you must copy directly, I found that if you initiate the copy on the better nas (cpu/ram) that also made a difference. That being said, I have never seen speeds as low as what you describe.

I am now copying from NAS to NAS by using Win 10 (so copy network drive to network drive)

Here I have a speed rate of average 50MB writing which makes sense (50 read + 50 write = 100 MB/s on gig lan)

Looks like I have to do it like this, but still annoying that the web file browser only kicks up to 150kb by using CIFS mapping.... Getting lost in this behavior

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk