XPEnology Community

Compatible video converter from vga (pc side) to hdmi (mon)

SergeS

Hello all,

Computer i am using to experiment with xpenology has only vga video output, but my monitor does not have vga input. Would you suggest any xpenology-compatible vga-to-hdmi converter, based on personal expirience? Actually, i do have one, SD-ADA31040, unknow manufacturer, it is working in some other cases, but xpenology grub menu seems like not able to appear. I am already so tired to still kids monitor from another room :wink:.

• 3 months later...
Hello all,

Computer i am using to experiment with xpenology has only vga video output, but my monitor does not have vga input. Would you suggest any xpenology-compatible vga-to-hdmi converter, based on personal expirience? Actually, i do have one, SD-ADA31040, unknow manufacturer, it is working in some other cases, but xpenology grub menu seems like not able to appear. I am already so tired to still kids monitor from another room :wink:.

XPEnology is a bootloader as IMG image. XPEnology compiled from the source code provided Sinology under license GNU. XPEnology and does not contain the operating system.so, you have no vga input, why you don not try a video converter, such as winx, dcdfab,i used both of them, but now i have been using android avi because this one is better to operate. maybe you also should try :lol:

you do not need a monitor permanently connected for xpe/dsm to work

if you connect your kids vga monitor and do the initial setup, eg bios setting for boot, and the install option, once you have installed DSM via the web interface you can disconnect the vga monitor.

• 1 month later...