XPEnology Community

If I want to have two Synology Systems in one LAN...

vlaves

Hi,

this is my first Post here, so bare with me if I maybe have a stupid question. I want to install two Synology Systems on my LAN.

I have installed one PC with this Version: http://xpenology.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=555

And I want to install another PC with the same Version. As far as I understood I need to adjust the MAC-Address in the GRUB-Config file. That's not the problem.

But which Serial Number should I put in on the first PC.

On the second PC I also need to change the MAC-Address and the Serial Number, is that correct?

How do I know which Serial Number to use. Could I put in there any serial Number?

If someone could help me here out with some Information or tips it would be great. :smile:

Thanks to all of you for all the work here done :grin:

Regards

Vlaves

• 1 month later...
Hi,

this is my first Post here, so bare with me if I maybe have a stupid question. I want to install two Synology Systems on my LAN.

I have installed one PC with this Version: http://xpenology.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=555

And I want to install another PC with the same Version. As far as I understood I need to adjust the MAC-Address in the GRUB-Config file. That's not the problem.

But which Serial Number should I put in on the first PC.

On the second PC I also need to change the MAC-Address and the Serial Number, is that correct?

How do I know which Serial Number to use. Could I put in there any serial Number?

If someone could help me here out with some Information or tips it would be great. :smile:

Thanks to all of you for all the work here done :grin:

Regards

Vlaves

Did al that and everything is working as it should.........except SHA..........every time i connect the heartbeat cable both systems are inaccessable. anyone tried SHA? My serials are correct, both NICS en harddisk are exactly the same, eveything is as the procedure but stil, the heartbeat isn't connected properly......of course, all nic's are working in "normal" function.

Any help is welcome