XPEnology Community

1st kernel 5.10.55 units *.pat file availible (SA6400 aka epyc7002)

IG-88

*.pat file for 923+ (not interesting i guess) and SA6400

https://archive.synology.com/download/Os/DSM/7.1.1-42962

"DSM_SA6400_42962.pat"

the SA6400 is the unit that we already saw in the downloads for 7.1 toolchain as epyc7002 with kernel 5.10.55

i just unpacked the pat file to check and its version info says

unique="synology_epyc7002_sa6400"

kernel modules have "vermagic=5.10.55+"

so if anyone would tweak the rp loaders to get it working ...?

we have a backported driver for intel 2.5G nic already for kernel 4.x but there might be more uses for a kernel 5.10 DSM?

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, jimmmmm said:

I'm the one who backported intel 2.5G nic driver, but newbie to rp loader.

I'll try to tweak the rp loader for eypc7002, it maybe cost many days. Wait for my good news.

as the kernal already has a igc driver it should be possible to just compile the driver from vanilla kernel, that was usually no problem

as booting that new image seems to need some debuging and might need new code for the rp loader it can take some time (code for some syno-bios- and i2c- emulation might need some tweaking?)

if its possible to boot that image we will try the driver from the kernel syno uses and if there is need for backporting ten it will be from newer 5.x kernel to the one synology uses

as its still 7.1 we might even see a slight bump in the used kernel version in 7.2 (if it goes as seen in 6.x and 7.0/7.1)

if you are going for the loader ask @pocopico (tcrp) and @fbelavenuto (arpl)

Edited by IG-88

On 12/9/2022 at 4:18 AM, IG-88 said:

as the kernal already has a igc driver it should be possible to just compile the driver from vanilla kernel, that was usually no problem

as booting that new image seems to need some debuging and might need new code for the rp loader it can take some time (code for some syno-bios- and i2c- emulation might need some tweaking?)

if its possible to boot that image we will try the driver from the kernel syno uses and if there is need for backporting ten it will be from newer 5.x kernel to the one synology uses

as its still 7.1 we might even see a slight bump in the used kernel version in 7.2 (if it goes as seen in 6.x and 7.0/7.1)

if you are going for the loader ask @pocopico (tcrp) and @fbelavenuto (arpl)

Yes, I have connected with @pocopico and @fbelavenuto.

Now, we can install the dsm and boot it up, but we need to fix some issues.

Wait for good news.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Do you know how to build the i915 ko? I have J3455-ITX, when I build it come out this error

WARNING: Symbol version dump "Module.symvers" is missing.
         Modules may not have dependencies or modversions.
  MODPOST drivers/gpu//Module.symvers
WARNING: modpost: Symbol info of vmlinux is missing. Unresolved symbol check will be entirely skipped.