XPEnology Community

XPEnology Configuration Tool & Bootloader DSM 6.0.2-8451

quicknick

Thank you for awesome tools and boot loader.

I am really appreciate you to make a chance for using amazing tools.

I am ready to make Xpenology.

I bought NAS case with powersupply, CPU & Motherboard combo, RAM, HDD.

The only I need to do is install Xpenology. However, I have to wait the version 2.3.

I am really want to use your tools and boot loader.

Could you let me know when the version 2.3 release?

Thank you for everything.

Thank you for awesome tools and boot loader.

I am really appreciate you to make a chance for using amazing tools.

I am ready to make Xpenology.

I bought NAS case with powersupply, CPU & Motherboard combo, RAM, HDD.

The only I need to do is install Xpenology. However, I have to wait the version 2.3.

I am really want to use your tools and boot loader.

Could you let me know when the version 2.3 release?

Thank you for everything.

No one can tell you since no one knows. Use Jun's loader instead. I've made a tutorial. See my signature.

Thanks quicknick for your work.

I guess I will wait for 2.3 and may be get newer board...

I dont think mine is supported

at the moment Im running DSM 5.2-5644, it slower (web admin) than previous DSM 4 (DSM_DS3612xs_2668), on

baremetal intel atom Board D945GCLF 1gig of ram (anyone has older hardware than mine ? :lol::lol: )

power button work, power scheduler work, wol work, advance power management partially work.

Havent tried Juns loader also, as I dont think it also supported IDE mode :grin::grin:

Installed DSM 6 with June's loader on ESXi 6.5 with 2x2TB Enterprise Class pRDM disks using RAID 1 btrfs. 2 vCPU Xeon E5-2683 v3 2Ghz and 2 GB RAM for the DSM VM. It worked well some time but after a week and 300 GB written information + installed 8-10 apps it started lagging hard. About 1-2 MB/sec copying using SMB or just from one folder to another using web interface. 100% partitition utilization and about 80-100% disk utilization. Random CPU spikes. The first thought I had - it is because of pRDM. Now I'm waiting for LSI 9207 8i HBA which I'm going to pass-through to DSM VM using VT-d. Even if pRDM is not the reason of lags I will have additional IOPS as I have another one LSI 9207 which is passed-through to FreeNAS VM for All-Flash ZFS Datastore and it works very well.

Does sombody has any thoughts about this situation? Maybe someone can suggest something? I will be grateful for any advice.

Hi,

Can you tell me if it is possible to add these sata drivers?

Thank you very much!!!!

Mainbord: supermicro X10SBA

Install Type: Baremetal

Storage: SATA 2.0 (3Gbps) from Intel® SoC and SATA 3.0 (6GbpS) from Marvell 88SE923

Issue: SATA support

My SATA drivers are not supported

Keep up the good work :wink: i'm a great fan!!

It's look like a dead project... It was great start but...

Отправлено с моего iPhone используя Tapatalk

Not dead, just haven't had time to devote to it yet. Don't worry people it is far from dead and will be released within a few weeks or less.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Thanks for the update, quicknick.

So, everyone, it is clear. Obviously Real Life has caught up with quicknick and while he has the desire to finish it, he just can't find the time at the moment. When he does find the time, he will deliver it. His estimate is a "few weeks" but it's all going to depend on what else he has to do. There's no point in trying to get a better estimate. It will be done when it is done.

So in the meantime we can:

1) Stop asking

and either

1) Stay on 5.2

2) Use jun's loader

3) Buy a real Synology :smile:

I expect that when it is ready for release, Quicknick will update the title of the thread and we will all know.

Guys

There is no real difference between the latest loader from Jun / Trantor 1.01 and Quicknicks boot loader.

Basically what i can tell is that Quicknick is trying to provide a Noob friendly version of Jun's loader. Making it easier for the guys

with little to no tech savi. which sets the USB VID /PID and MAC automatically in the Grub cfg.

I promise you that Jun's loader works perfectly well.

I have it running on an HP Gen8 Baremetal as well as VMware Esxi 6.5 with no issues.

I have both systems on the latest update 9 as well.

There is no real gain for any of you tech savi guys to move to Quicknick's loader.

Unless you are waiting for some specific drivers that Quicknick has promised ?

Oh and i have my systems running SHR / btrfs no issues on Jun's loader as well.

I have also just purchased a DS216J for my home as i like the power saving on this unit.

I have my Gen8 baremetal only turned on for 40mins a day with a power schedule and have a shared folder sycn setup from my real DS216J to the Gen8 server.

So i have 2 copies of all my data.

The VM i use at work.

Just my 2 cents :razz:

It'll also add IDE compatibility for old mobos

:eek: IDE !

are people still using IDE ?

Can you still get IDE ?

are the storage drives of any meaningful size in IDE format ? (i think they stopped at 1TB if im not mistaken)

what kind of speeds do you get from these IDE drives ?

LOL i dont meant to be rude in anyway.

I legit did not know people still use IDE and could get their hands on them :mrgreen:

Somebody running this bootloader successfully with a LSI SAS3008 based SAS3 Controller? Tried to upgrade my DSM 5.2 to DSM 6 with Jun's loader, but my sas3 raid controller wont be recognized

i'm using an LSI 9300-16i on a baremetal system...everything is working fine on Jun's loader...

Ok, interesting. Did you have to change the SataPortMap?

My NAS is running on a GA-Z170N-WIFI

Which had

6xSata3 Port

2xSataExpress

1xPCIe M2 SSD port

In this case the corret port map config would be 628 with the 8port SAS3 controller?

EDIT: I tried the following SataPortMaps so far: 88, 68, 628, 98, 6218, but the only disk which are always recognized are the 3 SATA HDD's and the M2.SSD on the internal controller. Is there a possibility to check if its driver problem or a problem with SataPortMap?

i don't use SataPortMap since afaik i only can address 10 devices on each controller (except 1st one with the values 0-9)

so in my setup where my 1st onboard controller has 8 sata (where i only use 2 of them) and my lsi has 16 it should be something like

but from what i did read it would be recognized as 2 on 1st controller, 1 on 2nd and 6 ont 3rd...

It'll also add IDE compatibility for old mobos

:eek: IDE !

are people still using IDE ?

Can you still get IDE ?

are the storage drives of any meaningful size in IDE format ? (i think they stopped at 1TB if im not mistaken)

what kind of speeds do you get from these IDE drives ?

LOL i dont meant to be rude in anyway.

I legit did not know people still use IDE and could get their hands on them :mrgreen:

mine is IDE..atom board 945gclf ... :lol: and I dont have gigabit on that box also...so it doesnt matter pata or sata... :lol:

wol work, power scheduler work, auto poweroff work, quickconnect work, dont know what is not ..im on 5.2

You can still get those old board here, in Indonesia..used/refurbished

Ok, interesting. Did you have to change the SataPortMap?

My NAS is running on a GA-Z170N-WIFI

Which had

6xSata3 Port

2xSataExpress

1xPCIe M2 SSD port

In this case the corret port map config would be 628 with the 8port SAS3 controller?

EDIT: I tried the following SataPortMaps so far: 88, 68, 628, 98, 6218, but the only disk which are always recognized are the 3 SATA HDD's and the M2.SSD on the internal controller. Is there a possibility to check if its driver problem or a problem with SataPortMap?

The documentation on board GA-Z170N-WIFI written that 2xSataExpress ports use the same channels as in 6xSata3 Port. They use 4-channel SATA3. Using them can not be at the same time.

I think that the option you doldzhen look like SataPortMap = 68. You have used only 2 controller. Try as SataPortMap = 618 or SataPortMap = 681.

For its configuration, I do SataPortMap = 1 did not change, leave the default.