XPEnology Community

XPEnology Configuration Tool & Bootloader DSM 6.0.2-8451

quicknick

The advice is that 2.2 is quite broken which is why it has been taken down, if you want to use DSM6 then use jun's loader, viewtopic.php?f=2&t=20216 and let quicknix finish his work in peace.

+1 My advice is also for people to use Jun's loader rather than 2.2 given how many issues it has. I've been running Jun's latest loader with no serious issues for almost 2 months now. There are minor things which may not work such as HDD standby and altering the packet size of your IPV4 connection (don't do this as it will crash your network driver); but overall it's stable and works.

The advice is that 2.2 is quite broken which is why it has been taken down, if you want to use DSM6 then use jun's loader, viewtopic.php?f=2&t=20216 and let quicknix finish his work in peace.

+1 My advice is also for people to use Jun's loader rather than 2.2 given how many issues it has. I've been running Jun's latest loader with no serious issues for almost 2 months now. There are minor things which may not work such as HDD standby and altering the packet size of your IPV4 connection (don't do this as it will crash your network driver); but overall it's stable and works.

OK thanks, I was not aware.

hello friends please advise me how to configure the quick connector when I have a 4 x LAN I know that it is done in the file syslinux thank you mam there follows

MAC1 = MAC1 xxxxxxxxB858, MAC2 xxxxxxxxxB859, MAC3 xxxxxxxxxB860, MAC4 xxxxxxxxxB861 is it right ????

ospravdlnujem is for my English

Edited by Guest

2.2 is not worth worrying about. It has problems not even mentioned here, like functionality with some 10gig cards. Some cards that are supported do NOT work correctly (works on 5.x and Windows.) Let's back off and give the dev the time they need to build a quality product on their own schedule.

hello friends please advise me how to configure the quick connector when I have a 4 x LAN I know that it is done in the file syslinux thank you mam there follows

MAC1 = MAC1 xxxxxxxxB858, MAC2 xxxxxxxxxB859, MAC3 xxxxxxxxxB860, MAC4 xxxxxxxxxB861 is it right ????

There's a ton of youtube videos on this entire process.

There's a ton of youtube videos on this entire process.

SantiagoDraco

I am looking for but can not find anywhere Video Tutorials Please Help to find

Quicknick's 2.2 loader doesn't even support BTRFS which arguably is the main reason to jump to DSM 6.0 in the first place. There isn't a good reason to use the old 2.2 loader, better to use something which isn't riddled with issues.

I see that June's loader also doesn't support BTRFS yet. Power button usage on baremetal also doesn't work. But right now it's the only option I guess.

You are right. Everyone just keep calm.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Jun's loader does support BTRFS as I have a 2TB array which has been rock solid since I created it :grin:

so yeah why people insist on something that is broken is beyond me, i'm running jun's loader on bare metal on asrock with quad i210, xeon e3 32gb ecc and 8 x 3tb WD red and M1015 on HBA, my point (besides bragging a little haha) is that with a bit of effort everything pretty much works with jun's loader, yes it will be nice when 2.3 is release and we gain further ability to run a wider range of hardware but until then your best bet is jun's loader

so yeah why people insist on something that is broken is beyond me, i'm running jun's loader on bare metal on asrock with quad i210, xeon e3 32gb ecc and 8 x 3tb WD red and M1015 on HBA, my point (besides bragging a little haha) is that with a bit of effort everything pretty much works with jun's loader, yes it will be nice when 2.3 is release and we gain further ability to run a wider range of hardware but until then your best bet is jun's loader

I am right with ya man, system has been running fantastic!

My Specs for reference

P8Z68-V/GEN3 Motherboard

i7-2600k CPU @ 3.4Ghz

16GB RAM

2 x PERC H310 crossflashed to LSI-9211-8i IT Mode

7 x WD Red 3TB

All in a Rosewill 4U 15 bay chassis.

How can one get involved to help this project?

Send a PM to quicknick. It's that simple.

I would if I could. I don't have PM rights.

If you could contact quicknick on my behalf and let him know I'd like to help I would appreciate it.

I have set up a disposable email address, quicknick.oqv9z@ncf.ca

I will keep around until I hear from quicknick.

Thanks

How can one get involved to help this project?

Send a PM to quicknick. It's that simple.

I would if I could. I don't have PM rights.

If you could contact quicknick on my behalf and let him know I'd like to help I would appreciate it.

I have set up a disposable email address, quicknick.oqv9z@ncf.ca

I will keep around until I hear from quicknick.

Thanks

You can't PM because you haven't made enough posts. I think you need a minimum of 5 or 10 if I remember well. I'll talk to him.