XPEnology Community

XPEnology Configuration Tool & Bootloader DSM 6.0.2-8451

quicknick

Hello,

SATA Controller: Marvell SE9172

I looked on the first page in the supported drivers list but i could not find it. I've been eyeing the "ASRock AD2550R" board and looks thats the sata controller on it. LAN is in the supported list though.

possibility to add it in a future release.

Thanks

What does HWv10 refer to when download VMware EXSI? Thanks.

ESXi uses Hardware versions to define VM compatability to host version, e.g. HWv10 is ESXi 5.5+ as it introduces new hardware tech (sata drives for example) that when run on an earlier version of esxi will not run. They also used to tie hardware versions to the vcenter platform e.g. HWv8 was 5.0/5.5 using the C# client but the newer HWv10 introduced in ESXi 5.5 was only editable by a vcenter server.

Thanks for the reply. So when downloading VMware EXSI is it fine to go with Hypervison and Client version 5.5 Update 3? Thanks

What does HWv10 refer to when download VMware EXSI? Thanks.

ESXi uses Hardware versions to define VM compatability to host version, e.g. HWv10 is ESXi 5.5+ as it introduces new hardware tech (sata drives for example) that when run on an earlier version of esxi will not run. They also used to tie hardware versions to the vcenter platform e.g. HWv8 was 5.0/5.5 using the C# client but the newer HWv10 introduced in ESXi 5.5 was only editable by a vcenter server.

Thanks for the reply. So when downloading VMware EXSI is it fine to go with Hypervison and Client version 5.5 Update 3? Thanks

I would download 6.5 as that is the latest, it drops the C# client and has a decent HTML5 ui. No point running older versions in my opinion.

copy that. So as long as the HW version is later then 10 the xpenology install will work? If I use 6.5 I assume the HW version will be later then v10 right? Thanks.

Hello quicknick,

it would be really great if you can implement some drivers for:

Realtek RTL 8139

With this it would be possibile to get DSM 6.0.2 working under XenServer 7.

At the moment the last working version of XPE is 5.0 :sad:

Many thanks.

Bye

gmop

I have 6.0.2 Working under XenServer 7 w/Jun's bootloader. I had to edit the wrapper script to force the NIC to be e1000 emulation. I used this patch here: https://blogs.serioustek.net/post/2016/ ... enserver-7 . You have to apply it by hand due to that being for an older version but it does work.

The limitation here is it will see a maximum of 4 disks without Xen support built into the kernel. It also has performance penalties since the disks are emulated as IDE devices.

Once support is built into the kernel for Xen (it requires a full kernel recompile to enable it) there's still some challenges of renaming xvd* devices to sd* although I think that can easily be done by hacking at the xen-blkfront driver code and changing the prefix to sd from xvd.

@quicknick: if you want help hacking at xen I'd like to see about putting together a xensever-tools SPK file once you've got the xen support built in.

I have a few questions, so please dont shoot me, as I dont want to read through all 50 pages.

1) Is it safe to upgrade from DSM 5.2-5967 Update 1 to DSM 6.0.2-8451 without losing any of my stuff, and packages?

I have PLEX. Sonarr, CP, HeadPhones, NZBget, and a few other packages installed, I'd really like to not have to re-install and re-configure it all.

2) Is there an upgrade guide I can follow? In the opening section, its still blank. I'm sure someone must have done an upgrade by now?

3) Whats the main diff between this or Jun's DSM 6 package? And are the Core Devs going to release an installer at some point?

Thanks

I have a few questions, so please dont shoot me, as I dont want to read through all 50 pages.

1) Is it safe to upgrade from DSM 5.2-5967 Update 1 to DSM 6.0.2-8451 without losing any of my stuff, and packages?

I have PLEX. Sonarr, CP, HeadPhones, NZBget, and a few other packages installed, I'd really like to not have to re-install and re-configure it all.

2) Is there an upgrade guide I can follow? In the opening section, its still blank. I'm sure someone must have done an upgrade by now?

3) Whats the main diff between this or Jun's DSM 6 package? And are the Core Devs going to release an installer at some point?

Thanks

if you don't want to read or work...then don't update...btw...the main difference is clearely stated on PAGE 1 of this threat...and IF you look around the forum jsut a tiny bit you would be able to find a guide/tutorial...

Quicknick, is there a guide to upgrading, and do you know if its stable enough to upgrade without losing packages and configuration?

Would be nice to know, though I'm sure the community/quicknick will take care of it once he's actually released the next version. There are a lot of unknowns until we have a stable build.

Is there any workaround to get the ESXI (6.0) install to work from scratch?

See my post here

viewtopic.php?p=82392#p82392

It doesn't use this tool but it's easy to deploy and use.

Hi Koroziv,

I already tried your image while reading this topic and just tried it again. I always get "Failed to format the disk. (35)" error. I added different types of (virtual) HDDs SCSI/IDE and different controller types but I get the same error. I used latest pat from Synology.

having same issue, how did you resolv this?

i am guessing the PAT install tries to install on bootimage and not on the new added virtual hard disk / rdm ...

Is there any workaround to get the ESXI (6.0) install to work from scratch?

See my post here

viewtopic.php?p=82392#p82392

It doesn't use this tool but it's easy to deploy and use.

Hi Koroziv,

I already tried your image while reading this topic and just tried it again. I always get "Failed to format the disk. (35)" error. I added different types of (virtual) HDDs SCSI/IDE and different controller types but I get the same error. I used latest pat from Synology.

having same issue, how did you resolv this?

i am guessing the PAT install tries to install on bootimage and not on the new added virtual hard disk / rdm ...

Again, this is addressed in 2.3. Will not provide any help to 2.2 as it is hard broke.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Hi guys,

could someone please help me with this.

i bought this motherboard here: https://world.taobao.com/item/38675467623.htm and everything seems to be working fine with 5.2 but when i tried to upgrade to 6.0.2 the NIC doesn't work. I have been waiting for about 40 mins and tried to find my NAS but without luck. is this NIC driver no longer supported in 6.0.2? could someone please confirm.

many thanks in advance.

p/s: google translated specs of the mainboard:

Processor : Onboard Intel Baytrail Celeron J1900 processor , quad-core 2.0-2.42Ghz, 3M cache , power 10W ;

Chipset : Onboard Intel Celeron J1900 chipset ;

Display Interface : Dual HDMI output, support synchronous or asynchronous dual display output ;

Display performance : integration . Intel HD Graphics graphics core ;

Memory : 1 * DDR3 , maximum support 8GB;

Power : ATX power supply ;

Storage : 12 * Serial II ATA interfaces , supports 6Gb / s;

1 * MINI-PCI E Interface (access MSATA plate) ;

Network : Onboard 2 * Intel I211AT 1000 BaseT LAN, support diskless boot , Wake on LAN ;

Sound : Realtek ALC662 chip to provide 6 -channel output

Watchdog : Support

Backplane Interface :

1 * HDMI

1 * VGA

2 * RJ-45 1000M

4 * USB 2.0

1 * Audio out

Built-in interfaces :

1 * USB2.0 pin support 2 Ge USB 2.0;

1 * CHA FAN power connector *

1 * 30Pin 2.0 SATA_LED pin;

1 * FP_AUDIO pin;

1 * 2Pin 2.54 LAN_LED pin;

1 * COM2 pin ;

The BIOS: the AMI 64M the BIOS, the ACPI Supported , supports boot function calls

Temperature : Working: -0 to +70 degrees Celsius

Storage: In 10 to 60 degrees Celsius

Humidity: 10% to 90%

Plate : the MINI-ITX ( 180mm * 180mm )

I have double check the specs on their website, but could not find any good information on NIC drive, the only thing that i get is the statement below

"Intel I211AT NIC no service driver, have to change their own, or installed 82576 compatible driver"

Am i out of luck?