XPEnology Community

XPEnology Configuration Tool & Bootloader DSM 6.0.2-8451

quicknick

I just loaded esxi again just to verify it one more time.

It work's without any issues. I'm using a hp gen8 microserver. Others with gen8 and esxi also got it working with ease. What is your hardware?

If you want start a TeamViewer session and send me a pm with the details, I'll join and try to see what is happening.

I have a HP gen7 microserver with 4GB RAM. It's not a big deal, I'll just wait for Quicknick's 2.3.

Hi there, I have 3 questions here from a newbie.

1. How do we access the XPEnology Configuration Tool? When I select the last option it brings me to the same screen as if I select any other option.

2. Why do I get "error: terminal 'serial' isn't found"? How to correct it? I already changed my PID & VID.

3. How do we enable SHR? Someone told me to do this below, but I can't find the file...

edit: /etc.defaults/synoinfo.conf

add: support_syno_hybrid_raid="yes"

remove/comment out: supportraidgroup="yes"

thanks

1. How do we access the XPEnology Configuration Tool? When I select the last option it brings me to the same screen as if I select any other option.

2. Why do I get "error: terminal 'serial' isn't found"? How to correct it? I already changed my PID & VID.

3. How do we enable SHR? Someone told me to do this below, but I can't find the file...

thanks

Questions 1 and 3 are answered in the first 10 posts made by Quicknick so please read.

Question 2 is implicitly answered as well but not directly. You need to enable serial in your bios and the error wont show.

vid/pid is a complete different matter unrelated to serial.

thanks

Questions 1 and 3 are answered in the first 10 posts made by Quicknick so please read.

Question 2 is implicitly answered as well but not directly. You need to enable serial in your bios and the error wont show.

I'm sorry, but what's described for question 1 and 3 does not work, that's why I'm asking for more details or help. I read every post in the 29 pages...

It's my first time trying XPEnology, while it could seem simple for some of you, it is not for someone who's doing it for the first time. And unfortunately, there is no tutorial yet. I cannot access Configuration Tool to enable SHR with it, and the other instruction provided in page 19 does not work...

Can you please help me and give me more detailed steps to answer/solve my 3 questions?

Thanks.

[

Can you please help me and give me more detailed steps to answer/solve my 3 questions?

Thanks.

Look into this http://www.hdvietnam.com/threads/nang-cao-huong-dan-dung-mot-nas-xpenology-dsm-6-0-chay-tren-nen-pc.1269562/it's not in English, but easy to follow. Just scroll down you will fined what you are looking for. Read after Enable SSH service. I did and not to difficult. Use Google translate...

thanks

I'm sorry, but what's described for question 1 and 3 does not work, that's why I'm asking for more details or help. I read every post in the 29 pages...

It's my first time trying XPEnology, while it could seem simple for some of you, it is not for someone who's doing it for the first time. And unfortunately, there is no tutorial yet. I cannot access Configuration Tool to enable SHR with it, and the other instruction provided in page 19 does not work...

Thanks.

1. Like Planskiman said, all details are in post 1-10. I will not entertain many of these types questions as they are tiring. Information has been provided.

However, I have noticed that this kernel included doesn't load everytime, but that is due to size of img. I increased size in next version. There was only 1.5mb free and updates cause corruption to accur due to lack of available space.

2. This isn't directly clear, but will add this to FAQs.

3. SHR is enabled by default in my loader, even if you previously had it disabled, it will be enabled. If you want to disable this, you must use XPEnology Configuration Tool as the way I enable it by default is different than just editi g synoinfo.conf and will automatically re-enable it the next time you boot.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Edited by Guest

I see there is a request for this to work on Hyper-V which is what I current have Xpenology 5.2 install on. Does anyone know what kind of eta there is for this to work on Hyper-V? Sorry if that has already been asked.

This is planned for a later date. First point is to get baremetal and vmware/kvm/xen working, then work can be done for hyper-v. This is because it needs to be compiled put of kernel tree and need don't have a hyperv box ready to test.

some stupid general question..

i use a supermicro motherboard with COM1 + COM2 enabled and remotely access the system via the IPKVM.

However the console output is also stopping at the dedicated point, if i disable the com port i'll get the warning that no com is available.

Are there any settings i must do to fully get the output again?

Hi!

Is it possible to just "pick up" a driver from this loader if im running Jun´s loader or do i have to re-install everything?

I want a driver for RTL8153 so i get my usb3 to lan working, i have a working nic but i want to add a second one.

Thanks for all your work, its much appreciated! :smile:

Hey quicknick,

In dmesg log of my Acer H340 I found the following: ACPI Exception: AE_NOT_FOUND, While evaluating Sleep State [\_S4_] (20130328/hwxface-568)

I think this in connection with the problem that I'm not able to shutdown my NAS. Everytime I try to shutdown the NAS it reboots afer aprox 5sec.

The last version of XPenelogy without my reboot problem is 5.1-5055

@Polanskiman / @quicknick do you have some ideas?

I have been trying to install this on a baremetal gen 8 microserver but I keep getting the error Failed to install the file. The file is probably corrupted. (13)"

I have made sure 100% that the vid and pid is correct and that the pat file is not corrupted but comparing md5.

Can anyone assist? Thanks

Hi!

Is it possible to just "pick up" a driver from this loader if im running Jun´s loader or do i have to re-install everything?

I want a driver for RTL8153 so i get my usb3 to lan working, i have a working nic but i want to add a second one.

You can take drivers from this, but you won't get support. You are on your own.

In jun's loader extra.lzma is the drivers ramdisk. In mine it is drivers.lzma. Make sure you add a rc.modules file or update jun's as I don't load drivers that way.

I have been trying to install this on a baremetal gen 8 microserver but I keep getting the error Failed to install the file. The file is probably corrupted. (13)"

I have made sure 100% that the vid and pid is correct and that the pat file is not corrupted but comparing md5.

hi I got this running fine on a gen 8 microserver

only issues drives must be in ext4 has most people know

and it is not find data on external usb hard drive work fine on the jun release one this is just on a usb pen stick in side the machine

very good so far

backupking

and it is not find data on external usb hard drive work fine on the jun release one this is just on a usb pen stick in side the machine

very good so far

backupking

Btrfs is fixed in 2.3. I had a bad ecryptfs kernel module

Hi!

You can take drivers from this, but you won't get support. You are on your own.

In jun's loader extra.lzma is the drivers ramdisk. In mine it is drivers.lzma. Make sure you add a rc.modules file or update jun's as I don't load drivers that way.

Ok, thanks for your answer!

I don´t think im the man for that job, but maybe someone else also wants this and could do a better job?

Keep it up! :smile:

Hardware: Dell OptiPlex 7010 SFF

Install Type: Baremetal

NIC Model: Broadcom, supported

Storage: SATA, 1x500GB HDD

Issue: Installation/Hard Drives

Loader Version: 2.2

I am eager to test this new loader but I keep running into an error on the initial setup screen (see photo below).

ixWQjGy

I only have one hard drive installed (HGST 500GB SATA) and the BIOS is configured for AHCI SATA operation mode and only the SATA-0 port is enabled in the BIOS. This is my XPE test box and has been fully compatible with ever other loader that's come across this website. I'm curious what the hangup is here.

I was able to SSH into the configuration tool and ran the quick setup and also set the number of drives to 1 and I still get the pre-installation failure reporting, "We've detected errors on the hard drives (2,3,4,5,6), and the SATA ports have also been disabled. This error only slightly changes in drive numbering if I enable all (and unused) SATA ports.

Not sure where to go from here but I wanted to post this issue in case anybody else doing a basic baremetal install is running into issues.

very good so far

backupking

Btrfs is fixed in 2.3. I had a bad ecryptfs kernel module

I have a quick question quicknick (no pun intended) :razz:

I am currently using Jun's loader on my BTRFS volume, would upgrading to 2.3 require just re-imaging my boot USB and ensuring the same serial number, mac address etc are the same? In theory my Synology install volume and BTRFS partition should be picked up using a different bootloader correct?

I have a quick question quicknick (no pun intended) :razz:

I am currently using Jun's loader on my BTRFS volume, would upgrading to 2.3 require just re-imaging my boot USB and ensuring the same serial number, mac address etc are the same? In theory my Synology install volume and BTRFS partition should be picked up using a different bootloader correct?

Yes, your volume will be picked up. This has been tested.

Hi !

With my asus P5N-D motherboard and its nVidia lan & storage chipset, you are my only remaining hope Quicknick !

In your opinion, is there any chance I test DSM 6.0 using your futur release or should buy a new motherboard ?

In addition to the driver problem, my motherboard does not support AHCI. I guess it is linked with nvidia storage chipset. Is that a problem ?

Thanks