XPEnology Community

XPEnology Configuration Tool & Bootloader DSM 6.0.2-8451

quicknick

How to Download XPEnology Configuration Tool & Bootloader DSM 6.0.2-8451???

For the instruction-ally challenged.

This on the first page of this post

Make sure you read the Install Guide, Upgrade Guide and FAQs before you post, or I will bury the Downloads in the FAQs/Guides to make you read them to find the links.

DOWNLOADS WILL BE BACK WHEN 2.3 is out.

Does anyone can confirm that iSCSI targets can be created with this bootloader ?

I have installed fresh DSM (with latest update 6) on spare disk and i can create luns but when i try to create iSCSI target it throws an error and target is in offline state. Also as far I checked iSCSI Target service is not started and cannot be turned on from DSM GUI.

I have a silly question does this new loader have all the same compiled drivers as the xpeboot 5.2 has. I have a setup working fine on the old setup and havent looked at every device and driver yet so i was asking if all the same drivers were used on this one before i went and looked at everything

- Baremetal v2.3

- Asrock J4205-ITX

- Intel EXPI9301CTBLK PRO1000 Ethernet Adapter CT

when would it be possible to create a btrfs volume... just updatet from jun´s v1.01 to the new bootloader an my existing volume chrashed..

so i tried to create a new one and everytime it fails...

have read that this should allready fixed in v2.3 ??

quicknick, thanks for the great work!

I tried the bootloader, and found a bug (Maybe it's not a bug :smile: ).

PC model: Foxconn nT-i1500

Serial: none

It can boot from the usb drive (sandisk cz33, as well as other two drives), but grub can't read the config file. Turns out the reason is that these usb drive are recognized as hd1, not hd0 in grub. So, is there a simple way for me to modify some files to get it to work ?

I have a silly question does this new loader have all the same compiled drivers as the xpeboot 5.2 has. I have a setup working fine on the old setup and havent looked at every device and driver yet so i was asking if all the same drivers were used on this one before i went and looked at everything

You can find the info about included drivers in this loader in the first opening posts. To compare you need to check Trantor's Hardware Supported List which refers to DSM 5.2. Took me literally 15 seconds to find. I'll let you dig.

When is the hopeful date to have Upgrade instructions for people coming from 5.2 ?

I used this http://www.xpenology.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=22100 to upgrade from 5.2 worked perfectly

Although both loaders are similar, the tutorial that I made is aimed at Jun's loader so be careful what you modify in the grub.cfg file of Quicknick's loader. He has been very clear about this.

Edited by Guest

- Baremetal v2.3

- Asrock J4205-ITX

- Intel EXPI9301CTBLK PRO1000 Ethernet Adapter CT

when would it be possible to create a btrfs volume... just updatet from jun´s v1.01 to the new bootloader an my existing volume chrashed..

so i tried to create a new one and everytime it fails...

have read that this should allready fixed in v2.3 ??

This is under "investigation" presently. Use ext4 for now.

quicknick, thanks for the great work!

I tried the bootloader, and found a bug (Maybe it's not a bug :smile: ).

PC model: Foxconn nT-i1500

Serial: none

It can boot from the usb drive (sandisk cz33, as well as other two drives), but grub can't read the config file. Turns out the reason is that these usb drive are recognized as hd1, not hd0 in grub. So, is there a simple way for me to modify some files to get it to work ?

What's the error message?

Don't quote me on this but I think that your usb is not configured properly in the bios. Make sure USB drive is the 1st boot. Make sure SATA controller is enabled and in AHCI mode. Also enable Legacy USB support. Then try again.

When is the hopeful date to have Upgrade instructions for people coming from 5.2 ?

I used this http://www.xpenology.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=22100 to upgrade from 5.2 worked perfectly

Update instructions are intentionally left blank until rerelease. I jumped the gun thinking it was ready, but missed a couple of things. Don't worry it will be back.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Update instructions are intentionally left blank until rerelease. I jumped the gun thinking it was ready, but missed a couple of things. Don't worry it will be back.

Nono, thank you! I literally just read about this release today, so I'm just happy to have an upgrade path!

Would this next release likely be ready for "home" production ?

Is there any workaround to get the ESXI (6.0) install to work from scratch?

See my post here

viewtopic.php?p=82392#p82392

It doesn't use this tool but it's easy to deploy and use.

Hi Koroziv,

I already tried your image while reading this topic and just tried it again. I always get "Failed to format the disk. (35)" error. I added different types of (virtual) HDDs SCSI/IDE and different controller types but I get the same error. I used latest pat from Synology.

Any rough idea when to expect 2.3 quicknick? :smile:

Is there any workaround to get the ESXI (6.0) install to work from scratch?

See my post here

viewtopic.php?p=82392#p82392

It doesn't use this tool but it's easy to deploy and use.

Hi Koroziv,

I already tried your image while reading this topic and just tried it again. I always get "Failed to format the disk. (35)" error. I added different types of (virtual) HDDs SCSI/IDE and different controller types but I get the same error. I used latest pat from Synology.

I just loaded esxi again just to verify it one more time.

It work's without any issues. I'm using a hp gen8 microserver. Others with gen8 and esxi also got it working with ease. What is your hardware?

If you want start a TeamViewer session and send me a pm with the details, I'll join and try to see what is happening.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Will update 2.3 include a working driver for the LSI 92078i (based on the SAS2308 controller)? When I tried V2.2 my volume became invisible (--> viewtopic.php?f=2&t=24308&start=210#p82586). And is there any chance to get the Intel X520-DA2 working? Since DSM 6 (Jun's Loader and config tool) I can't use this card anymore, I get this error: "ixgbe unsupported_sfp_notify proc entry initialized" (--> viewtopic.php?f=2&t=20095&p=79713&hilit=sfp+unsupported#p79713).

Cheers

Will update 2.3 include a working driver for the LSI 92078i (based on the SAS2308 controller)? When I tried V2.2 my volume became invisible (--> viewtopic.php?f=2&t=24308&start=210#p82586). And is there any chance to get the Intel X520-DA2 working? Since DSM 6 (Jun's Loader and config tool) I can't use this card anymore, I get this error: "ixgbe unsupported_sfp_notify proc entry initialized" (--> viewtopic.php?f=2&t=20095&p=79713&hilit=sfp+unsupported#p79713).

Cheers

I also ordered a LSI 9207-8i, hope this can be supported in 2.3

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cheers

I also ordered a LSI 9207-8i, hope this can be supported in 2.3

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk