XPEnology Community

XPEnology Configuration Tool & Bootloader DSM 6.0.2-8451

quicknick

Hi all,

i have problem with DSM 6.0, i have installled dsm on hdd on sata port on motherboard, but i have problem with pci sata raid controller. I need help with grub how to add pci sata controller for hdd, bios detected all hdd on pci controller. I try SATAPortMap=44 but don function.

please help me thank you

@quicknick

Thank you for your work quicknick...

I have to feature requests.

Can you add a function in ypenology so that the acpi Powerbutton is working out of the box or a way that a VM can be shutdown via VMWare or in my Case whit Virtualbox.

The other interesting sing can be to keep the VM's Image so small as possible to connect via nfs the guest to the host, there is on post which works, but the Cloudstation/Cloudstation Drive stops then to work, so it will be great if it works to whit nfs.

Will also spend money for your work. Let us know how...

Best Theo

I have a dream that one day even the Hyper-V option, a much hated and disregarded hypervisor, greatly improved over the years, will be made available to the DSM users around the world. :idea:

Did you try to convert the VMware image to Hyper-V and give it a try? I have had a ton of different VMware images ive converted and worked fine, always worth a shot in the name of SCIENCE!

I have a dream that one day even the Hyper-V option, a much hated and disregarded hypervisor, greatly improved over the years, will be made available to the DSM users around the world. :idea:

Did you try to convert the VMware image to Hyper-V and give it a try? I have had a ton of different VMware images ive converted and worked fine, always worth a shot in the name of SCIENCE!

Not working. The loader needs the Hyper-V integration drivers. Mostly for the network part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thank you for this awesome post and all your work!

Looking at the drive changes, Virtio-net should be present, but it does not ( i cannot ) get it worked.

Installed my system on a proxmox 4.2 described as here ( viewtopic.php?f=2&t=20216&p=92047#p92047 ) nothing special, just straight forward, but using the juni loader.

After that, and after the update to 6.0.2u9 i tried to pick virtio-net, but that did not work.

Question 1 - does switching to quicknick help with virtio-net?

I could switch the loader to quicknick, but as stated in your first post, it does not really change much until just the most recent drivers, virtio seems to be there for a while. And also what made me sceptic is, that in you KVM-Installation guide, you also use e1000 - so shall i switch the loader to quickboot or is it not worth it?

Question 2 - does quicknick support virti scsi drivers?

Looking at viewtopic.php?f=2&t=24308#p81999 i guess its not the case. I am using the default SCSI controller type, but well, would love to use virtio for the disks ( passthrough ) for the performance

It's look like a dead project... It was great start but...

Отправлено с моего iPhone используя Tapatalk

Not dead, just haven't had time to devote to it yet. Don't worry people it is far from dead and will be released within a few weeks or less.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

How is the progress coming on this? I see it's been about a month.

I've got a super-weird Bosch recording appliance that's been repurposed to run DSM 5.2 beautifully, but I'd like to get it running 6.0 or 6.1. Without too much looking at the PID's of everything, I see that it's running all Intel silicone for NIC, RAID Controller and most everything else.

What Intel drivers are you including in this that aren't present in the available version of JUN's loader? WIth his, I get the "Sata errors have been detected and ports have been disabled" message.

So, count me in the list of people patiently watching this thread for an updated version. If you need a tester, I'd be glad to volunteer.

Hi everyone and thank you for the great job

I'm unable to install dsm (XPEnology bootloader for DSM 6.0.2-8451.5) under esxi6, install fails (DSM file corrupted error).

Connecting telnet to configuration tools I was able to downloaded 2.3 ramdisk update, is it stable? After downloading 2.3 system was unable to detect any disk (SCSI paravirtual or sata controller) on esxi.

[spoiler=Media/DVB Drivers]backports_dvb/atbm8830.ko

backports_dvb/btcx-risc.ko

backports_dvb/cs53l32a.ko

backports_dvb/cx22700.ko

backports_dvb/cx22702.ko

backports_dvb/cx2341x.ko

backports_dvb/cx23885.ko

backports_dvb/cx24116.ko

backports_dvb/cx24123.ko

backports_dvb/cx25840.ko

backports_dvb/cx88-alsa.ko

backports_dvb/cx88-blackbird.ko

backports_dvb/cx88-dvb-core.ko

backports_dvb/cx88-vp3054-i2c.ko

backports_dvb/cx8800.ko

backports_dvb/cx8802.ko

backports_dvb/cx88xx.ko

backports_dvb/cxd2820r.ko

backports_dvb/dib0070.ko

backports_dvb/dib3000mc.ko

backports_dvb/dib7000p.ko

backports_dvb/dibx000_common.ko

backports_dvb/drxd.ko

backports_dvb/drxk.ko

backports_dvb/ds3000.ko

backports_dvb/dvb-core.ko

backports_dvb/dvb-pll.ko

backports_dvb/dvb-ttusb-budget.ko

backports_dvb/dvb-usb-cinergyT2.ko

backports_dvb/dvb-usb-cxusb.ko

backports_dvb/dvb-usb-nova-t-usb2.ko

backports_dvb/dvb-usb-technisat-usb2.ko

backports_dvb/dvb-usb.ko

backports_dvb/em28xx-alsa.ko

backports_dvb/em28xx-dvb.ko

backports_dvb/em28xx.ko

backports_dvb/hdpvr.ko

backports_dvb/ir-jvc-decoder.ko

backports_dvb/ir-kbd-i2c.ko

backports_dvb/ir-lirc-codec.ko

backports_dvb/ir-mce_kbd-decoder.ko

backports_dvb/ir-nec-decoder.ko

backports_dvb/ir-rc5-decoder.ko

backports_dvb/ir-rc5-sz-decoder.ko

backports_dvb/ir-rc6-decoder.ko

backports_dvb/ir-sony-decoder.ko

backports_dvb/isl6421.ko

backports_dvb/lgdt330x.ko

backports_dvb/lgs8gxx.ko

backports_dvb/lnbp21.ko

backports_dvb/max2165.ko

backports_dvb/mc44s803.ko

backports_dvb/msp3400.ko

backports_dvb/mt20xx.ko

backports_dvb/mt2131.ko

backports_dvb/mt352.ko

backports_dvb/mt9v011.ko

backports_dvb/mxl5005s.ko

backports_dvb/nxt200x.ko

backports_dvb/or51132.ko

backports_dvb/pvrusb2.ko

backports_dvb/rc-core.ko

backports_dvb/s5h1409.ko

backports_dvb/s5h1411.ko

backports_dvb/s921.ko

backports_dvb/saa7115.ko

backports_dvb/stb0899.ko

backports_dvb/stb6000.ko

backports_dvb/stb6100.ko

backports_dvb/stv0288.ko

backports_dvb/stv0297.ko

backports_dvb/stv0299.ko

backports_dvb/stv0900.ko

backports_dvb/stv090x.ko

backports_dvb/stv6110.ko

backports_dvb/stv6110x.ko

backports_dvb/tda10023.ko

backports_dvb/tda10048.ko

backports_dvb/tda1004x.ko

backports_dvb/tda18271.ko

backports_dvb/tda18271c2dd.ko

backports_dvb/tda8083.ko

backports_dvb/tda827x.ko

backports_dvb/tda8290.ko

backports_dvb/tda9887.ko

backports_dvb/tea5767.ko

backports_dvb/ttpci-eeprom.ko

backports_dvb/ttusb_dec.ko

backports_dvb/ttusbdecfe.ko

backports_dvb/tuner-simple.ko

backports_dvb/tuner-types.ko

backports_dvb/tuner-xc2028.ko

backports_dvb/tuner.ko

backports_dvb/tveeprom.ko

backports_dvb/tvp5150.ko

backports_dvb/v4l2-common.ko

backports_dvb/v4l2-compat-ioctl32.ko

backports_dvb/ves1820.ko

backports_dvb/videobuf-core.ko

backports_dvb/videobuf-dvb.ko

backports_dvb/videobuf-vmalloc.ko

backports_dvb/videodev.ko

backports_dvb/wm8775.ko

backports_dvb/xc5000.ko

backports_dvb/zl10353.ko

snd-hwdep.ko

snd-mixer-oss.ko

snd-page-alloc.ko

snd-pcm-oss.ko

snd-pcm.ko

snd-rawmidi.ko

snd-seq-device.ko

snd-seq-midi-event.ko

snd-seq-midi.ko

snd-seq.ko

snd-timer.ko

snd-usb-audio.ko

snd-usb-hiface.ko

snd-usbmidi-lib.ko

snd.ko

sound_firmware.ko

soundcore.ko

I am very interested in two of these drivers compiled for DSM6: snd-pcm.ko and snd.ko

I have tried compiling them for hours but I can not get it, if anyone can share these two files with me I would really appreciate it :grin:

Thank you very much and sorry for my bad english.

Regards! :wink:

EDIT: I have already seen that I can get the drivers from the file drivers.lzma that is inside the loader.

Edited by Guest

hi guys,

first of all, thank you for the great work you guys have done so far.

I have boot my system with the loader but unable to locate my NAS via find.synology.com. I have copied the USB drive's VID, PID, SN and my NAS's mac address to the grub.cfg as well.

I have Gigabyte H77M-D3H board with Qualcomm Atheros AR8151 onboard LAN. Not sure if this is currently supported or not. Would someone kindly direct me into the right direction.

@quicknick, if this driver is currently not supported, would you please add this driver to your next release mate.

Thanks for your great work.

• Like 1

hi guys,

first of all, thank you for the great work you guys have done so far.

I have boot my system with the loader but unable to locate my NAS via find.synology.com. I have copied the USB drive's VID, PID, SN and my NAS's mac address to the grub.cfg as well.

I have Gigabyte H77M-D3H board with Qualcomm Atheros AR8151 onboard LAN. Not sure if this is currently supported or not. Would someone kindly direct me into the right direction.

@quicknick, if this driver is currently not supported, would you please add this driver to your next release mate.

Thanks for your great work.

Read the OP it's all there.

Not working. The loader needs the Hyper-V integration drivers. Mostly for the network part.

I did get it to work with generation 1 hyper-v and with a tool from http://xpenology.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16114&hilit=DSM_DS3615xs_7393 [spoiler=](it seems the download link is gone but i have them if anyone needs them)

DS3615xs_7393.iso i was able to install using the install option iso and then updating use the DS3615xs_7393.pat you have to use the install option for every boot and the nics only the show 100mbps

Can it run DSM 6.1 ?

thanks

DSM 6.0.2 Bootloader with tools

https://goo.gl/hZQ4UP

I attempted above install on Dell Vostro 270. Failed with error 13 (SD card IDs are correct since they were used in successful install of DSM5)

The specs are:

Dell Vostro 270 Minitower

CPU I3-3220

Baremetal Install

Integrated NIC Realtek 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet Realtek RTL8111G

Storage SATA 2.0 (Intel chipset B75, not sure what the actual controller is though, sorry)

Issue: DSM6 fails to install.

Please help, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Edited by Guest

I did get it to work with generation 1 hyper-v and with a tool from http://xpenology.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16114&hilit=DSM_DS3615xs_7393 [spoiler=](it seems the download link is gone but i have them if anyone needs them)

DS3615xs_7393.iso i was able to install using the install option iso and then updating use the DS3615xs_7393.pat you have to use the install option for every boot and the nics only the show 100mbps

I would like to try this out on hyperv too, if you could direct me to the files needed it be much appreciated. Also, Does it run gigabit even though it says 100mbps like the older DSM5 loader? How has it been running for you?

I would like to try this out on hyperv too, if you could direct me to the files needed it be much appreciated. Also, Does it run gigabit even though it says 100mbps like the older DSM5 loader? How has it been running for you?

+1 for trying Hyper-V.

DSM5 works perfect for me on Hyper-V, even though it initially complained about running at s*** network speeds

being in an engineering/IT industry myself i understand it can take a lot of time to get these things working, and just like for everyone else, time = money.

i had a quick look through this forum, but wasn't able to find anything about this.... but is there somewhere we can donate money to the cause?

as no doubt quicknick has spent a LOT of time on this, effectively for free.

surely i'm not the only one who would be willing to send money through to show my appreciation of the work being done on this project.

• 3 weeks later...