XPEnology Community

XPEnology Configuration Tool & Bootloader DSM 6.0.2-8451

quicknick

Hi,

forgot to say that $sataportmap isn't expanded well

cat /proc/cmdline
ihd_num=0 syno_hdd_powerup_seq=0 HddHotplug=0 syno_hw_version=DS3615xs vender_format_version=2 console=ttyS0,115200n8 withefi root=/dev/md0 sn=XXXXXXXXXX netif_num=2 mac1=001132XXXXXX mac2=001132XXXXXX synoboot_satadom=1 DiskIdxMap=0C $sataportmap SasIdxMap=0 quiet

for instance, I've made it hard in grub-quicknick-v2.cfg

set sata_args='sata_uid=1 sata_pcislot=5 synoboot_satadom=1 DiskIdxMap=0C SataPortMap=4 SasIdxMap=0'

Hi, guys~

First of all, thank you for your big effort for xpenology users, quicknick.

These days, I bought a USB 3.0 RTL8153 chipset NIC... as your driver list.

r8152 : RTL8152/RTL8153 Based USB 2.0/3.0 Ethernet Adapters

The magic did not appear... What's goin' on with the driver.

I found your usb nic driver list is empty now... so that means... drivers are built in. But Usb nic is N/A now...

I hope to support RTL 8139 driver ASAP. This is my onboard NIC chipset...

Thank you~

Hi,

cat /proc/cmdline
ihd_num=0 syno_hdd_powerup_seq=0 HddHotplug=0 syno_hw_version=DS3615xs vender_format_version=2 console=ttyS0,115200n8 withefi root=/dev/md0 sn=XXXXXXXXXX netif_num=2 mac1=001132XXXXXX mac2=001132XXXXXX synoboot_satadom=1 DiskIdxMap=0C $sataportmap SasIdxMap=0 quiet

set sata_args='sata_uid=1 sata_pcislot=5 synoboot_satadom=1 DiskIdxMap=0C SataPortMap=4 SasIdxMap=0'

This was resolved on the 2.3 bootloader.

Hi,

cat /proc/cmdline

This was resolved on the 2.3 bootloader.

I almost feel like we need a bug tracker, so people can easily see what issues are/aren't known.

best wishes, next release 2.3 integrated with cpufreq support. also powernow driver (for AMD cpu, N54L...etc), which supported in DSM 5.x. :lol:

already the case today with Jun's loader, at least with my N40L ...

it's good news.

but I found nothing /lib/modules/powernow-k8.ko

found nothing cpufreq-set utilities.

in dsm 5.x:

insmod /lib/modules/powernow-k8.ko 
cpufreq-set -c 0 -g ondemand
cpufreq-set -c 1 -g ondemand

power meter show 5x watts if N54L cpu run on demand, 7x watts if not.

Guys,

All my Nases are currently sitting on Jun loader 1.01 update 7 and running just fine with Btrfs without a glitch. :grin:

If you really need your nas now, go ahead and install it with Jun's then enjoy your holidays as I've been doing. :wink:

Trust me, the more time we're waiting the more stable the new release is. Therefore, do not push Quicknick he also needs holidays, IMHO. :lol:

I'll be back and check this topic sometime next year. Meanwhile, just enjoy the rest days of the year.

HAPPY NEW YEAR, everyone!

Thank you all and see you guys next year.

Guys,

All my Nases are currently sitting on Jun loader 1.01 update 7 and running just fine with Btrfs without a glitch. :grin:

If you really need your nas now, go ahead and install it with Jun's then enjoy your holidays as I've been doing. :wink:

Trust me, the more time we're waiting the more stable the new release is. Therefore, do not push Quicknick he also needs holidays, IMHO. :lol:

I'll be back and check this topic sometime next year. Meanwhile, just enjoy the rest days of the year.

Cool, do you have your drives in a SHR? For some reason I don't get the option, tried lots of options in VMware and different types of drives etc.

Also thanks Quicknick for your hard work.

Guys,

Trust me, the more time we're waiting the more stable the new release is. Therefore, do not push Quicknick he also needs holidays, IMHO. [emoji38]

Cool, do you have your drives in a SHR? For some reason I don't get the option, tried lots of options in VMware and different types of drives etc.

Can't get btrfs to work with shr. But I read in previous post that it would be fixed in 2.3 . Just waiting patiently.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Guys,

Trust me, the more time we're waiting the more stable the new release is. Therefore, do not push Quicknick he also needs holidays, IMHO. [emoji38]

Can't get btrfs to work with shr. But I read in previous post that it would be fixed in 2.3 . Just waiting patiently.

Guys,

Oh right, I am trying Jun's loader with ext4 not btrfs, so SHR should work shouldn't it?

To install on VMware ESXi or Workstation do the following:

Download VMware ESXi HWv10 | XPEnology-DSM-6.0.2-8451.5-quicknick-esxi-boot-v2.2.ovf.zip | md5sum 1b6b745838fc4703d1b4c9fa2f878254

Extract zip file on your computer

Import OVF into VMware

Add vDisks, RDM disks or PCI-E Pass-through storage controllers

Let's assume we do have a working XPEnology 5.2 installation running with PCI-E Pass-through storage controlller, will a migration from 5.2 to 6 be possible with a new VM?

So follow your installation steps for ESXi but PCI-E Pass-through the existing storage controller from old VM XPEnology 5.2 to new VM XPEnology 6 and it will detect a migration?

To install on VMware ESXi or Workstation do the following:

Download VMware ESXi HWv10 | XPEnology-DSM-6.0.2-8451.5-quicknick-esxi-boot-v2.2.ovf.zip | md5sum 1b6b745838fc4703d1b4c9fa2f878254

Extract zip file on your computer

Import OVF into VMware

Add vDisks, RDM disks or PCI-E Pass-through storage controllers

Let's assume we do have a working XPEnology 5.2 installation running with PCI-E Pass-through storage controlller, will a migration from 5.2 to 6 be possible with a new VM?

So follow your installation steps for ESXi but PCI-E Pass-through the existing storage controller from old VM XPEnology 5.2 to new VM XPEnology 6 and it will detect a migration?

I would say yes from theory perspective as the disk will be recognized.

Didn't test it ever, Theory should be ok.

Maybe someone has experience with this, bassist same as moving disk from a physical synology device to another hardware behavior is same

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What does HWv10 refer to when download VMware EXSI? Thanks.

ESXi uses Hardware versions to define VM compatability to host version, e.g. HWv10 is ESXi 5.5+ as it introduces new hardware tech (sata drives for example) that when run on an earlier version of esxi will not run. They also used to tie hardware versions to the vcenter platform e.g. HWv8 was 5.0/5.5 using the C# client but the newer HWv10 introduced in ESXi 5.5 was only editable by a vcenter server.