XPEnology Community

Automated RedPill Loader (ARPL)

fbelavenuto

17 minutes ago, J3d1UK said:

Can anyone help me with a problem please?

Baremetal Install - HP DL380 Gen9 12 x LFF Bays / P840ar Card in HBA mode / E5-2640 v4 / 32GB RAM

Image used: DS3622xs (have also tried 3615, 3617 with the same result)

Followed the guide through, I get to install the .pat file, fails at 69-72% - Drives appear to be showing, however if i retry, fails at 0% (almost like the p840ar is crashing)

I CAN get this to work if i put the P840ar card into RAID mode, create a new raid for EVERY drive to a RAID 0 seperately - however this then doesn't forward any smart data etc to DSM - but does allow me to install correctly and get up and running - I'd like to get this working as I would like to get rid of the Microserver gen8 its currently on (I want more drive bays)

I believe that card needs  a driver to be added. Have you tried adding the "hpsa" driver before you built the loader? 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, rojoone2 said:

I believe that card needs  a driver to be added. Have you tried adding the "hpsa" driver before you built the loader? 

It appears in the modules list when i first boot to configure the loader, I was under the impression it loaded the modules automatically as I have not manually selected any of them (and when card is in RAID mode instead of HBA - installs fine? - I just REALLY need it to be in HBA mode before I can switch all my data over!)

On 11/6/2022 at 11:57 AM, Aleks said:

The acpid button will work when calling shutdown from the proxmox console if in the VM settings QEMU Guest Agent = disable

I tried that but that didn't work for me.

in the vm settings,

ACPI support = yes

KVM hardware virtualisation = yes

Qemu guest Agent = false

qm shutdown 101 (= my vmid) returns shutdown timeout

qm stop 101 is ok but i get System booted up from an improper shutdown. in my logs.

even tried qm shutdown 101 --timeout 90 but didn't work either.

On 11/20/2022 at 5:18 PM, vizkoze said:

I tried that but that didn't work for me.

in the vm settings,

ACPI support = yes

KVM hardware virtualisation = yes

Qemu guest Agent = false

qm shutdown 101 (= my vmid) returns shutdown timeout

qm stop 101 is ok but i get System booted up from an improper shutdown. in my logs.

even tried qm shutdown 101 --timeout 90 but didn't work either.

hi

my configuration (there are several of them)

pve 7.2-14

arpl-v1.0-beta3

DS3622xs+

DSM 7.1.1-42962 Update 2 

vm settings

OS Type = Linux 5.x - 2.6 Kernel

ACPI support = Yes

KVM hardware virtualisation = Yes

Qemu Guest Agent = Disable

vm hardware

Processor = kvm64

BIOS = Default (SeaBIOS)

Machine = Default (i440fx)

SCSI Controller = VirtIO SCSI

HARD Disks = sata (0-5)

qm shutdown 101 (= my vmid too ) returns normal shutdown

Edited by Aleks

33 минуты назад, Aleks сказал:

qm shutdown 101 (= my vmid too ) returns normal shutdown

Shutdown start to work after first reboot of xpenology vm in proxmox, as I remember. I also use xpenology in proxmox, but my hardware configuration slightly differs: q35 chipset and e1000 network (virtio net slow down network transfer speed) with DS920+ at 7.1.1-42962 u2.

Does someone have a guide for spinning this up on esxi??

Ive been trying for several hours using the arpl flat files and converting using vmkfstools and whenever i try to add the converted file it never reads any size on the volume or allows me to allocate it to a controller.

Im sure it shouldnt be this difficult. if someone could provide a link for a working converted vmdk or a guide to the process it would be appreciated.