XPEnology Community

Automated RedPill Loader (ARPL)

fbelavenuto

6 hours ago, Hostilian said:

You shouldn't lose data. I've done a few of them with no data loss (6.2.3 to 7.1.1).

One lost the DSM config, but no actual data loss at all. Back up your data and configuration, just in case!

I'd go with the same model and then you can choose whether to try changing the model once you've upgraded to the latest DSM - it'll think you've moved the disks to a new model!

Yeah, latest ARPL, build loader (after selecting model, serial etc) and give it a go. If it doesn't work and you need any addons, choose them before building the loader.

You can always recreate the loader and try again (I did one of mine a few times) without data loss.

Synology suggest an intermediate step :

image.thumb.png.f1db486830be13107e232055a31a1f2c.png

• Like 1

On 11/8/2022 at 9:45 PM, Hostilian said:

Anyone any luck getting this to work with an ASROCK J3455-ITX board?

Tested with DS920 and despite finding an IP via DHCP, it's not appearing via the web interface (or ping).

Then tried DS918 and I was able to get to the web console to install DSM, but it had an error, then lost connectivity for a while after reboot. Not able to connect to the console. Then it came back saying I needed to format and install DSM again (hopefully just DSM, rather than the files - though they're backed up). Another DSM install didn't work either..

edit. a few minutes later..
DS220 Just started pinging after about 10 minutes sitting there doing nothing. Will see what happens after another DSM Install...

Well. It failed again and after trying to reconnect, said it needed to format the system partition and re-install DSM..

Another reinstall, then a very long wait and it looks to be working. It must have been 30 minutes before it came back online - Kept the files, but it lost the configuration though.

Yes, I help my friend's J3455-ITX to install DSM 918+. Did you make a EFI boot drive and change the Boot setting to Linux???

Below is the link for reference.

MB: ASRock J3455-ITX bios 1.80

Command:

amisetupwriter 0x4E2 0x3

On 11/10/2022 at 9:54 AM, phduyanh said:

i also have a genuine synology ds918+ and tried copying the same but no problem even i install openmediavault no problem.

I looked on intel.com and found out that this i225v card has a driver error, intel has released a new update on windows but I don't know if it's available on linux.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057261/ethernet-products/gigabit-ethernet-controllers-up-to-2-5gbe.html

Try this method, maybe works at you: https://community.intel.com/t5/Ethernet-Products/Intel-i225-Network-Adapter-Drops-Connection-When-NAS-Backs-Up-PC/td-p/640676

Maybe I am blind, but I'm sure I've got my mobo nic working, but only 1 port on x540-t2's working.

I'm sorry if this was said already,

but is there a spot for multiple ip's/nics in the config? Or even better, in the Loader?

Everything smooth as butter besides this 3rd nic. ARPL 7.1 918+ 10x 2tb ssd's in shr x99 Xeon 32gb w/real Mac serials.

2 hours ago, blu001 said:

For release v1.0-beta2 which .vmdk file should I use for ESXI 7.0 u3?

arpl-1.0-beta2.vmdk-flat.zip  or arpl-1.0-beta2.vmdk-dyn.zip?

Thank you

P.S. Thank you @fbelavenuto for the great work

Used arpl-1.0-beta2.vmdk-flat.zip on ESXI 7.0u3 and microserver gen8, with success;

needs SataPortmap 18 and DiskIdxMap 1B00 otherwise didn't see HDs on LSI HBA passtrough;

with those parameters I still have a "dumb drive" on slot 1

On 11/12/2022 at 7:04 AM, Captainfingerbang said:

Maybe I am blind, but I'm sure I've got my mobo nic working, but only 1 port on x540-t2's working.

I'm sorry if this was said already,

but is there a spot for multiple ip's/nics in the config? Or even better, in the Loader?

Everything smooth as butter besides this 3rd nic. ARPL 7.1 918+ 10x 2tb ssd's in shr x99 Xeon 32gb w/real Mac serials.

@nemesis122already replied to your post before

Hy I'm very please to see the progress here and the ARPL :). I've got one question which i couln't find an answer to.

how can i set a static IP for the launcher which i don't have to configure everytime i reboot?

I mean i can do taht in a few secs and some lines of cli, but thats kinda annoying :D

Many thanks in advance. 

On 7/1/2022 at 1:45 PM, fbelavenuto said:

Hello everyone, I would like to share a personal project that I am developing. It is another loader for TTG Redpill, intended to be as automatic and user-friendly as possible.

The link is below, download the image and record it on a flash drive, the rest is done on the same computer.

I'm Brazilian and I'm not good at English language, so forgive me for translation errors.

I used forum knowledge and code from various loaders developed by TTG, pocopico, jumkey, Jun and many others.

Hope you like it.

https://github.com/fbelavenuto/arpl

Edit: An important information that I forgot to mention is that I developed a simple patch to no longer display the DUMMY port error on models without device-tree, the user will be able to install without having to worry about it

Wow, thank you so much, your creation is awesome. I tested today and it works simply and automatic as you intended.

Got this working on a Baremetal HP DL380 Gen9 With LFF drive bays - Strangely I had to turn OFF HBA mode on the P840AR Raid card (which works in HBA mode on TCRP but on the DS3615xs image).

For this to work, I had to enable the smart storage controller RAID mode, set up each individual disk in RAID 0 (so they all present to DSM as a single disk each) and lo and behold, success.

Any ideas why it wont install the 3622XS PAT file when i'm using HBA mode? - I have always though hardware raid is a bad thing on things like this and it is preferable to have HBA.

On 11/9/2022 at 10:39 AM, Orphée said:

Does someone know how to avoid this  ?:

2022-11-09T14:37:00+01:00 NAS-GEN8 systemd[1]: Cannot add dependency job for unit syno-qlogic-rdma-modules-load.service, ignoring: Unit syno-qlogic-rdma-modules-load.service is masked.
2022-11-09T14:37:00+01:00 NAS-GEN8 systemd[1]: Cannot add dependency job for unit syno-mlnx-rdma-modules-load.service, ignoring: Unit syno-mlnx-rdma-modules-load.service is masked.
2022-11-09T14:37:00+01:00 NAS-GEN8 systemd[1]: Starting Configure RTC to DSM power schedule...
2022-11-09T14:37:00+01:00 NAS-GEN8 systemd[1]: Started Configure RTC to DSM power schedule.

2022-11-09T14:34:10+01:00 DVA3221 systemd[1]: Starting Configure RTC to DSM power schedule...
2022-11-09T14:34:10+01:00 DVA3221 systemd[1]: Started Configure RTC to DSM power schedule.
2022-11-09T14:35:02+01:00 DVA3221 systemd[1]: Starting Configure RTC to DSM power schedule...
2022-11-09T14:35:02+01:00 DVA3221 systemd[1]: Started Configure RTC to DSM power schedule.

Flooding /var/log/systemd.log

I tried to change to support_power_schedule="no"

But same result.

This is a side effect of the new powersched addon, I will evaluate how to improve this

• Like 2

Device: QNAP 464C

Download beta3 arpl.img,Use diskimage write to internal SATA DOM disk(4GB)

Boot up from DOM Disk,show me Loader disk not found!

And check IP already get and fdisk -l show disk information correct.(4x 16TB & 2x 2T NVME)

Manual execute sh menu.sh to start deploy.

Until to select Module menu, show all selected module , got error them quit to the terminal.

IMG_8364.thumb.JPG.d9c776737621c4716cf68d39747fd743.JPG

IMG_8365.thumb.JPG.10fc91d582a597d763b8c4ae178660d7.JPG

Can anyone help me with a problem please?

Baremetal Install - HP DL380 Gen9 12 x LFF Bays / P840ar Card in HBA mode / E5-2640 v4 / 32GB RAM

Image used: DS3622xs (have also tried 3615, 3617 with the same result)

Followed the guide through, I get to install the .pat file, fails at 69-72% - Drives appear to be showing, however if i retry, fails at 0% (almost like the p840ar is crashing)

I CAN get this to work if i put the P840ar card into RAID mode, create a new raid for EVERY drive to a RAID 0 seperately - however this then doesn't forward any smart data etc to DSM - but does allow me to install correctly and get up and running - I'd like to get this working as I would like to get rid of the Microserver gen8 its currently on (I want more drive bays)

Edited by J3d1UK