XPEnology Community

Automated RedPill Loader (ARPL)

fbelavenuto

Release a new alpha version.

There was a big change, I added a new step to call add-on scripts.
Added "mptsas" addon, corrected command line generation "dom_szmax".

https://github.com/fbelavenuto/arpl/releases/tag/v0.2-alpha1

I found that the addons "tg3" and "mpt3sas" do not load due to lack of other modules, they are broken for now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, fbelavenuto said:

When you recreate the loader after a small update it causes this problem! I still don't know how to avoid this.

About the cache, if partition 3 is bigger than 2GB the loader uses it to save the .pats. If you burn to a big pendrive, the loader alone increases the third partition and already uses it.

Here at home I use proxmox, I increase the size of the image "arpl.img" to 4GB with a script, so in proxmox I can use the disk as cache.

I would like to know how to properly do this in proxmox...?

Hi 

I would love to try your Tool but i have a problem...

After burning the image to my USB drive and starting the System (barebone i3 12100, biostar b660GTN, 16gb ram, 3x 1tb SSD), i get those messages:

Booting `Configure loader´

Loading kernel...

Loading initramfs...

Booting...

error: no suitable video mode found.

Booting in blind mode 

After that nothing else will happen. Any hope to get it working? 

40 minutes ago, fbelavenuto said:

New alpha release:

https://github.com/fbelavenuto/arpl/releases/tag/v0.2-alpha3

Added 'dtbpatch' addon. This addon modifies the model.dtb file already adding more disks if necessary, automatically.

@fbelavenuto does this add more disks even on systems that support less disks e.g. DVA1622 which supports 2 disks, can it support 4/8/16 ?

Also, i see in the cpp source that the usb block, is not taken into account. This might lead in some (maybe rare) cases in no synoboot device. E.g if you have usb ports not patched and your usb loader is connected to an unpatched port the system might not find it. You might be able though to change the usb port, but there might be cases where you cant.

Edited by pocopico
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, pocopico said:

@fbelavenuto does this add more disks even on systems that support less disks e.g. DVA1622 which supports 2 disks, can it support 4/8/16 ?

Also, i see in the cpp source that the usb block, is not taken into account. This might lead in some (maybe rare) cases in no synoboot device. E.g if you have usb ports not patched and your usb loader is connected to an unpatched port the system might not find it. You might be able though to change the usb port, but there might be cases where you cant.

Yep, code add internal_slot as many as disks found!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Timon-H said:

Hi 

I would love to try your Tool but i have a problem...

After burning the image to my USB drive and starting the System (barebone i3 12100, biostar b660GTN, 16gb ram, 3x 1tb SSD), i get those messages:

Booting `Configure loader´

Loading kernel...

Loading initramfs...

Booting...

error: no suitable video mode found.

Booting in blind mode 

After that nothing else will happen. Any hope to get it working? 

I have found the problem. Now i can configure. But i dont find the loader via find.synology.com/Synology Assistent or manual IP Adress search. i tryed to set it up with DS920+ and tried DS3622xs+ but no luck to get it showing up.

I also found out that my "Dummy" ports are not showing up in this tool. Ports 1-4 are my Dummy Ports but they are grey. Port 5,6,7 are green (drives) and port 8 is grey because there is nothing connected to it.

• Like 1

On 7/9/2022 at 5:55 AM, phone guy said:

I would like to know how to properly do this in proxmox...?

Sorry for delay. In the proxmox console, type this:

dd if="/dev/zero" of="/var/lib/vz/images/arpl.img" bs=1M seek=4096 count=0

1M * 4096 = 4GB. Adjust values for your need.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brunox said:

can you slightly increase the time when the grub bootloader starts and the Boot DSM and Configure loader menu from 1 sec to 4 sec?

Yes, but the idea is to be fast, as there is no need to edit anything in grub. Could you tell me the reason for your need to increase grub time when the loader is not configured?

7 hours ago, apriliars3 said:

@fbelavenuto Can you use other serial number generator that works with Synology account and allow login?

Is it possible to activate Advanced Media Extensions without your Synology Account? Thanks

Captura de pantalla 2022-07-11 072436.png

I'm sorry, but my concern about generating valid serial numbers is not a priority.
Anyway you can get some valid serial and manually fill it in the loader.

3 hours ago, pocopico said:

@fbelavenuto the dtbpatch works marvelous on dva1622 as well ! Thanks that was a long waiting feature 

@pocopico

Is this dtbpatch ext for arpl only?
Does it not work when used for TCRP?
It seems to work dynamically like jumkey's quick js dtb,
Can't early/late argument be delivered in TCRP?

https://github.com/pocopico/rp-ext/tree/main/dtbpatch

Edited by Peter Suh