XPEnology Community

Automated RedPill Loader (ARPL)

fbelavenuto

Il y a 18 heures, pedrolit0 a dit :

Hello,

First, I want to inform you that i've already search on this forum the question and more important the answer, without success (or i've missed something).

So, using a HPE Microserv Gen8 baremetal, i've just updated TRCP loader to ARPL loader.

(Thank you for your work on this loader (y)(y))

I'm facing to a ip network issue.

My DHCP server is a PiHole docker on DSM.

So, on DSM setting i've manually configure Static IP and it was working well.

But with the new ARPL, loader cannot get IP (as Pihole is not started).

I can workaround with DHCP activation on my router and set a static IP with MAC, but it's not the best way as static ip table is set on pihole.
And I want to manage my LAN through PiHole only

Is it possible to set a static IP/network config on the loader ?
If yes, how can I do ?

Thanks for your help

Update : 
I don't know why but DSM settings has been reseted to DHCP instead of Static IP.

Sorry for this noob mistake.

23 hours ago, Coshtane said:

Hi guys. I try to use fork of ARPL by AuxXxilium (Arc Loader), MB used for this setup Intel S1200BTL, XEON CPU, 32GB RAM and LSI9211-8i HBA controller (SAS2008), the model choosed for instalation was RS4021xs+ and the problem is that LSI not work, i see this controller in loader configuration:

Screenshot2023-05-20180305.thumb.png.40e4b6c80ee9106388b46c46a5e06789.png

But i didnt see disks in WEB UI (controller intialized and disk shows in POST screen)

image.png.736731be3ed27d4ba0a3713df6e4a62c.png

Autoconfiguration says about SAS controller found, but in configuration i see only these strings:

SataPortMap = "6"

SataIdxMap = "00"

I was trying to complete config by string:

SasIdxMap = "0" (like in this issue https://github.com/fbelavenuto/arpl/issues/721)

but nothing happened, i still see six disks in my configuration.

Please, give some advise. Thank you!

have you tried 3622 model?

50 минут назад, Orphée сказал:

ARC is NOT ARPL.

O !  thk 
I not attentive :(
I going to try now ARC

UPD all is OK - i make it via ARC 23.5.53 - ds918p-7.2.0-64561

Edited by aarnet
upd

On 11/7/2022 at 2:33 AM, Orphée said:

Hi,

3rd in a raw !

I updated my N54L from TRCP v0.8 DSM 7.0 to latest DSM with ARPL, really great to use web GUI, just so easy to use !

(I took care about direct boot TRUE)

I tried using ARPL for the first time on my N40L and it seems to be in a bootloop when trying to boot DSM DS3615xs 7.1.1 .

What did you mean by "direct boot TRUE"?

P.S.: I have a Realtek PCIe GbE NIC in addition to the built-in Broadcom NIC, both of which were recognized in build mode.

Edited by unmesh

On 5/23/2023 at 4:48 AM, Orphée said:

ARC is an ARPL fork, it should not be discussed here as it will misslead unexperienced users.

ARC is NOT ARPL.

Maybe a dedicated topic should be created...

Yes I had been away along time and I came back and I saw people discussing this and wondered what ARC was. So its not a fork of this project? Is there any reason to use one over the other? PS u were right about your answer previous to question , I was just desperate and thought some smart people might steer me in some direction

Edited by dasbooter

2 hours ago, dasbooter said:

Yes I had been away along time and I came back and I saw people discussing this and wondered what ARC was. So its not a fork of this project? Is there any reason to use one over the other? PS u were right about your answer previous to question , I was just desperate and thought some smart people might steer me in some direction

ARC is an ARPL Fork 100%, i'm not following AUX. 

On the other hand, WJZ304 , has been very helpful with 7.2 and LKM compilation issues, If i was to get away from TCRP i  think https://github.com/wjz304/arpl-i18n would be my cup of tea.

Edited by pocopico
  • Like 5

With fabio not coming back for a long time, ARPL users seem lost.

Thankfully, @wjz304 suggested arpl-i18n as an alternative, and I know that several users are already using it.

I've been aware of the existence of ARC, another fork of ARPL, from a few months ago, but it seems to be often compared with arpl-i18n recently.

The two forks are still supplemented by referencing each other's sources on GitHub.
Sometimes my M SHELL fork is also used as a reference.
@pocopico is probably familiar with this.^^

It would certainly be a good thing for developers to pursue perfection by collaborating with each other or copying from fork to fork in order to move in a better direction.

• Like 2

There's one issue with ARC that's crossed the dangerous threshold.

There is an ADDON that unlocks up to the maximum license number of Surveilance on all platforms.
I think it's a sensitive part related to Synology's copyright.

AME CRACK is also in the context of that part.

I don't think this part would work if it officially existed as ADDON of ARPL and TCRP.

The administrator's action to prevent DSM file sharing is also because he does not want this issue to become an issue with Synology.

There is also information that the developer of ARC is broadcasting live on YouTube.

I'm worried that ARC will have a negative impact on our forum.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Peter Suh said:

There is an ADDON that unlocks up to the maximum license number of Surveilance on all platforms.

I don't think this part would work if it officially existed as ADDON of ARPL and TCRP.

The administrator's action to prevent DSM file sharing is also because he does not want this issue to become an issue with Synology.

There is also information that the developer of ARC is broadcasting live on YouTube.

I totally agree, provoking and poking Synology will take down the forum.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Peter Suh said:

The general idea is that we do not ditribute copyrighted material in ANY WAY ! We do that for the fun of it and thats it.

I personaly respect the work of Syno, i own a Syno device and i enjoy using it. I always suggest for production purposes to go and buy the real thing and support the developers and the company.  Thats one of the reasons why i will never put a license crack/bypass to the loader (although this would be fun).

If someone needs more that 8 licenses for surveilance that problably means he has enough money to go and buy / support the company.

Edited by pocopico
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

@pocopico I fully agree, I do not own a real Syno myself, but I made 3 friends buying one because I really like their ecosystem and their work. And I quite often recommend their software for someone that want something that just "works".

I just don't like the poor HW components...

And to be honest I personally can't afford buying a DVA3221...

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Orphée said:

@pocopico I fully agree, I do not own a real Syno myself, but I made 3 friends buying one because I really like their ecosystem and their work. And I quite often recommend their software for someone that want something that just "works".

I just don't like the poor HW components...

And to be honest I personally can't afford buying a DVA3221...

I agree that when you get familiar with the software its an advertisement by itself. Lets keep it low for now and see how that goes. 

The activation cracks for various services are already available on other gh repos as standalone scripts etc. Its just that personally i dont want to distribute them with TCRP.

• Like 2

Hi,

I just upgraded my HP Gen7 N54L (DS3615xs, DSM 6.2, junos loader) to DS3622xsp 7.1.1-42962. All good til now except one thing. I noticed that Grafana is reporting a higher temperature than before. Before it was ~40 degrees Celsius, now is ~60 degrees. May be a problem reading the sensors? Disks temp looks good.

1 hour ago, bnicolae said:

Hi,

I just upgraded my HP Gen7 N54L (DS3615xs, DSM 6.2, junos loader) to DS3622xsp 7.1.1-42962. All good til now except one thing. I noticed that Grafana is reporting a higher temperature than before. Before it was ~40 degrees Celsius, now is ~60 degrees. May be a problem reading the sensors? Disks temp looks good.

direct in-place upgrade? I'm curious how that works because DSM6 uses a ~2.5GB partition and DSM7 uses ~8GB

30 minutes ago, Black6spdZ said:

direct in-place upgrade? I'm curious how that works because DSM6 uses a ~2.5GB partition and DSM7 uses ~8GB

Not quite a direct in-place upgrade. I used something that worked before. I burned ARPL loader on another usb stick and used an empty drive (I call it intermediate disk). Once the dsm is up and running I just add each disk one by one. I have 3 disks as basic. First disk required some repair. Maybe because of what you said. Then I removed the intermediate disk let the newly repaired disk + the other 2. These 2 required also an "online assemble" to be able to acces the storage pool. That's all. 

18 minutes ago, bnicolae said:

Not quite a direct in-place upgrade. I used something that worked before. I burned ARPL loader on another usb stick and used an empty drive (I call it intermediate disk). Once the dsm is up and running I just add each disk one by one. I have 3 disks as basic. First disk required some repair. Maybe because of what you said. Then I removed the intermediate disk let the newly repaired disk + the other 2. These 2 required also an "online assemble" to be able to acces the storage pool. That's all. 

I have a 4 drive R6 right at 49% capacity.. I opted to purchase another 10TB drive, do a fresh DSM7 install on that, copy data over "should be finished today" then I'll pull one drive from existing "degrading but still have 1 drive redundancy" and converting new volume to R1.. after that I'll have redundancy on new array and can just add all drives over and convert back to a new 5 drive R6.... OR I could wing it and attempt an upgrade after I at least have a copy of the data on the new drive.. hmmm decisions

Edited by Black6spdZ

Hi all, please remind me what is the correct procedure on arpl-i18n to update from 7.1.1 to 7.2?

Update from DSM and then rebuild the loader or update from DSM and the loader will do the rest on it's own?

Edit: Updated DSM and then rebuild the loader. All good at the end.

Edited by gadreel