XPEnology Community

Automated RedPill Loader (ARPL)

fbelavenuto

12 hours ago, nemesis122 said:

There is a strange behavior 

Gen8 with i3 CPU

all Models are working except 3617 ARPL 1.1 beta 2

Gen8 with Xeon 1240 v2  only the cpu is different

ARPL 1.1 beta 2 and all ARPL bigger as 1.03 are not working  udev failed all Models 

The same Loader / New Loader generated / all HDD are formated NOT working 

with 1.03b all systems working without any Problem

when i update the Addons also the Loader ARPL 1.03 is stopping working 

Here is the Log Gen8 with 1240v2 cpu / 16GB RAM/ 4x3TB / 1xssd / 1x Intel 520sfp+ Dual Port one port used  not working same Bios settings

Gen8 with Intel I3 cpu / 16GB RAM/ 4x3TB / 1xssd / 1x Intel 520sfp+ Dual Port one port used this loaders works same Bios settings

LOG ARPL 1.11beta 2 all HDD formated clean first boot.txt 129.03 kB · 3 downloads

This log message is indicating a soft lockup on CPU#5. A soft lockup is a condition where a CPU stops responding to interrupts for an extended period of time. This message is usually generated by the kernel's NMI (Non-Maskable Interrupt) watchdog, which is a low-level mechanism to detect and report system hang conditions.

From the log message, it appears that the lockup was caused by the queued_spin_lock_slowpath function. This function is called when the spin lock is not acquired immediately and the CPU enters into a wait loop. The call stack shows that the lockup was triggered by an ioctl system call from the sd_ioctl_canary function, which is part of a kernel module called redpill.

• Like 3

On 7/2/2022 at 10:22 AM, fbelavenuto said:

Hi, get in the releases page:

https://github.com/fbelavenuto/arpl/releases

Hi Fabio , What should I do to ADD 10g Qnap NIC Aquantia AQtion AQC107 board? APRL (1.1_beta2) just installed -- (Olá Fábio, O que devo fazer para ADD drivers de placa 10g Qnap NIC Aquantia AQtion AQC107? eu estou ja usando APRL (1.1_beta2) acabou de instalar --Obrigada!

On 2/12/2023 at 9:20 PM, IG-88 said:

-r8169 driver, nic working but fw error seen, dmesg: r8169 0000:02:00.0 eth2: unable to load firmware patch rtl_nic/rtl8168h-2.fw (-11), solved by manual copy of firmware tgz from loader

Hi IG-88, thanks for the tests. What is the correct rtl8168h-2.fw file?

On 2/12/2023 at 9:20 PM, IG-88 said:

I kind of miss atlantic.ko (lots of cheap 10G cards with that one) and aqc111.ko (https://github.com/bb-qq/aqc111), both where asked for 6.2.3 extra drivers

I'm adding this modules.

Hi all.

I am trying to get this working on a 14 drive 2u server. it has intel s2600gz motherboard with chipset C602 and has 2 internal sata port and two aditional mini sas ports but the drives are not detected there, and I disabled them. So I am using an hba + sas expander to get the other 12 drive slots to get detected and is working fine except they start counting from drive 7 and I wanted to put it starting on 1.

(nevermind the bad drives it is just for testing)

drives.thumb.JPG.d62e4b709f6c4ee623eb81018d7b6c74.JPG

I have added this to the synoinfo, I have 4 usb ports, 0 esata, and 14 sata:

internalportcfg="0x3fff"
esataportcfg="0x0"
usbportcfg="0x3c000"

maxdisks=14

synoinfo.JPG.cbc06eb8cec4da4fa52d9cf8ac5b1f45.JPG

but after build and boot the system I go check /etc/synoinfo.conf and it is like this:

esataportcfg="0x00"
maxdisks="40"
internalportcfg="0xffffffffff"
usbportcfg="0xf0000000000"

I think this chipset is incorrecly reporting the number of drives... I only have the 2 ahci sata ports enabled in bios an it says 6:

c600.thumb.JPG.71c0bfafdf25f12c3c44294fb6e90fbb.JPG

Can this be fixed? otherwise I will use it this way as long as it won't create problems in the future if I have to add or replace drives...

Thanks.

On 2/16/2023 at 6:31 PM, fbelavenuto said:
On 2/13/2023 at 1:20 AM, IG-88 said:

-r8169 driver, nic working but fw error seen, dmesg: r8169 0000:02:00.0 eth2: unable to load firmware patch rtl_nic/rtl8168h-2.fw (-11), solved by manual copy of firmware tgz from loader

Hi IG-88, thanks for the tests. What is the correct rtl8168h-2.fw file?

after extracting and copying your firmware.tgz from the loader manually on the right place the file fw file for the realtek was present and i did not see the message anymore, that was the1st hint that something was off (the loader did not use its firmware files when installing)

the problem about the wrong files war with the bnx2x driver but there might be other hidden problems like that if the *.ko  files are not checked for the right dependencies to firmware

(easiest way is still to just have them all for the driver that is used but that might take some additional megabytes for the firmware.tgz)

we has similar things before, like jun's extra.lzma not having not all firmware files for tg3.ko resulting in most dell servers to have problems with not working nic's (not found in network after boot), same driver with hpe servers usually worked

kernel.org drivers usually have separate firmware files, drivers from vendors often have them integrated as extra files in some *.h files and are build into the *.ko when creating the driver

nastiest one was tehuti, the driver itself references to all firmware files (checks if present when compiling and only activation that part if the file is present) but every oem only packs its own firmware files when providing a driver source for its card, so it need some kind of collection to have all needed parts (firmware files)  to support all possible hardware versions of a card - one reason to like kernel.org drivers, much cleaner and predictable in that way, you can check the *.ko with modinfo in will see what fw files are needed (but different fw files depending on the driver version in the kernel, i've seen two types of mismatch one is of different hardware in the same card (like different phy's on a nic) on 2nd like seen with the bnx2x where it needs the right (older) version of the fw files to match the older driver in kernel 4.x

On 2/17/2023 at 1:35 AM, Napalmd said:

I have added this to the synoinfo, I have 4 usb ports, 0 esata, and 14 sata:

internalportcfg="0x3fff"
esataportcfg="0x0"
usbportcfg="0x3c000"

maxdisks=14

usually up to 24 war the way to go with the "old" style of disk handling

try to make it 24 and no esata and no usb an look for the outcome

it might also be possible to do disk remapping with syno's kernel parameters but that's going to be  a lot of try an error to get it right

esataportcfg="0x0"
maxdisks="20"
internalportcfg="0xfffff"
usbportcfg="0x0"

(or usbportcfg="0x300000"

that way you dont have to touch the 6 ports on the main board (in that situation its best to disable the whole onboard sata part if possible, so look fot data controller disable in bios, if there is some stuff about sigle ports ignore it, look for disabling all ports at once)

Edited by IG-88

i create a new VM machine in proxmox.. set img with sata0 and a 32gb disk for install system scsi0, i set all addons and all modules, but when 918+ start dsm dont recognize 32gb disk... a go to screen where dms ask me to install disk and refresh for to found it.

how can i fix this?

has anyone got a USB 3.0 (or USB C) 2.5gbe (or 5gbe) ethernet NIC adapter working in DSM 7?

my ITX motherboard has a single PCIe 3.0 x 16 slot that used for my HBA card.

i'm on the latest ARPL build 1.1-beta2.

i'd tried several but none of them show up under the "Network Interface" section as "LAN xx":

https://www.amazon.com/Plugable-Ethernet-Adapter-Compatible-Thunderbolt/dp/B084L4JL9K

https://www.amazon.com/RSHTECH-Ethernet-Aluminum-Thunderbolt-RSH-WK-C25/dp/B09TB9TJ54

any help appreciated.

5 hours ago, dh22r said:

has anyone got a USB 3.0 (or USB C) 2.5gbe (or 5gbe) ethernet NIC adapter working in DSM 7?

my ITX motherboard has a single PCIe 3.0 x 16 slot that used for my HBA card.

i'm on the latest ARPL build 1.1-beta2.

i'd tried several but none of them show up under the "Network Interface" section as "LAN xx":

https://www.amazon.com/Plugable-Ethernet-Adapter-Compatible-Thunderbolt/dp/B084L4JL9K

https://www.amazon.com/RSHTECH-Ethernet-Aluminum-Thunderbolt-RSH-WK-C25/dp/B09TB9TJ54

driver for this is most likely r8152.ko (realrek usb 2.5G nic)

if there is no driver in the loader already you can try add it as package (arpl should have one afaik)

https://github.com/bb-qq/r8152

there is also a 2.5/5G usb driver (aquantia chip) but i guess your adapter is cheaper and only 2.5G so i'd guess its realtek

https://github.com/bb-qq/aqc111

you can check about the hardware with lsusb and with the vendor- und product-id its safe to assume what hardware is used

29 minutes ago, SWAGG3R said:

I have a 10th generation intel processor, when installing the i915 addon, what parameters should I specify?

there is a addon in the loader for 10th gen, afaik no need for for any parameters

check if there is the needed firmware in /lib/firmware/i915 (on my dva1622 install with the latest loader it was missing, only the fw for apollolake/geminilake from dsm itself present)

it would also be good to mention what 10th gen cpu it is as there a a lot of different gpu types in there

if its working you would see devices when checking with "ls /dev/dri"

5 минут назад, IG-88 сказал:

there is a addon in the loader for 10th gen, afaik no need for for any parameters

check if there is the needed firmware in /lib/firmware/i915 (on my dva1622 install with the latest loader it was missing, only the fw for apollolake/geminilake from dsm itself present)

it would also be good to mention what 10th gen cpu it is as there a a lot of different gpu types in there

if its working you would see devices when checking with "ls /dev/dri"

So if I install 918/920, will the required firmware be correct?
i3 10100

1 hour ago, SWAGG3R said:

So if I install 918/920, will the required firmware be correct?

i only tested the latest 1.1beta2 and dva1622, that's why i described what to do

you could also check the log with dmesg

dmesg |grep drm

might look like this if working

[   30.331911] [drm] Supports vblank timestamp caching Rev 2 (21.10.2013).
[   30.339387] [drm] Driver supports precise vblank timestamp query.
[   30.358388] [drm] Finished loading DMC firmware i915/kbl_dmc_ver1_04.bin (v1.4)
[   30.628711] [drm] failed to retrieve link info, disabling eDP
[   30.637839] [drm] Initialized i915 1.6.0 20171222 for 0000:00:02.0 on minor 0
[   30.706925] [drm] Cannot find any crtc or sizes
[   30.711895] i915 0000:00:02.0: fb0: inteldrmfb frame buffer device
[   48.565878] VFS: opened file in mnt_point: (/dev), file: (/dri/card0), comm: (drm_tool)
[   48.616606] VFS: opened file in mnt_point: (/dev), file: (/dri/card0), comm: (drm_tool)
[   48.974574] VFS: opened file in mnt_point: (/dev), file: (/dri/card0), comm: (drm_tool)

just check the firmware files like this

ls /lib/firmware/i915

it should look like this if all the firmware is present

bxt_dmc_ver1_07.bin  glk_dmc_ver1_04.bin  kbl_dmc_ver1_04.bin  rkl_dmc_ver2_03.bin  skl_dmc_ver1_26.bin
cnl_dmc_ver1_07.bin  kbl_dmc_ver1_01.bin  rkl_dmc_ver2_02.bin  skl_dmc_ver1_23.bin  skl_dmc_ver1_27.bin

1 hour ago, SWAGG3R said:

i3 10100

thats a "lower" tier, pretty sure this should work with the 10th gen i915 driver addon

59 minutes ago, SWAGG3R said:

bxt_dmc_ver1_07.bin glk_dmc_ver1_04.bin have only this

thats just the files dsm has by default for 918+ and 920+ aka apollolake and geminilake, pretty sure a 10th gen cpu will not work with just these two files, the driver will not load properly without the firmware files

if the firmware repository from the loader (fiemware.tgz) would be present then there should be more (the files i listed above)

59 minutes ago, SWAGG3R said:

dmesg |grep i915 and dmesg |grep drm not working command

works on my system (admin user), maybe just try "dmesg" to see the whole log if you see it you can scroll backwards in the console window

Edited by IG-88

9 минут назад, IG-88 сказал:

thats just the files dsm has by default for 918+ and 920+ aka apollolake and geminilake, pretty sure a 10th gen cpu will not work with just these two files, the driver will not load properly without the firmware files

if the firmware repository from the loader (fiemware.tgz) would be present then there should be more (the files i listed above)

But how to install this file or the firmware repository? Or can some module be selected when assembling the bootloader?

9 минут назад, IG-88 сказал:

works on my system (admin user), maybe just try "dmesg" to see the whole log if you see it you can scroll backwards in the console window

As I enter it, it comes out a lot of different things

Edited by SWAGG3R

19 minutes ago, SWAGG3R said:

But how to install this file or the firmware repository?

copied the file from the loader (arpl.img open with 7zip on windows)

\arpl.img\2.img\modules\firmware.tgz

copied that file to a share on the server and in the console extracted it and copied it files to the right place

you need more rights to do it so do a "sudo su" after login on the console (be careful you can mess up the system when doing the wrong things - its "you asked for it you got it")

go into the directory where the firmware file is (usually /volume1 and then in directory named a s the share, check with ls that ) and then:

tar -xf firmware.tgz --directory /lib/firmware

after that you can check again

ls /lib/firmware/i915

reboot and check again if there is something in /dev/dri

ls /dev/dri

if the driver is loaded properly then there should be something like:  card0  renderD128

Edited by IG-88

2 minutes ago, SWAGG3R said:

I already have xpenology, but I installed more xpenology on the virtual one for tests before doing these operations on the main machine

if there is no pci device present (in the vm)  then there will be no driver loaded (and there will be no try to even load a firmware

you would need the real thing in the vm to test that ...

well there is a working driver for 10th gen igpu in the loader, i guess its source is the folowing thread and even in a hypervisor/VM enviroment is possible

https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/59909-i915ko-backported-driver-for-intel-10th-gen-ds918-ver-701-up3/?do=findComment&comment=325293