XPEnology Community

Automated RedPill Loader (ARPL)

fbelavenuto

Hi, i have a HP Microserver Gen 8 with 1610T processor and DS3622xs (ARPL 1.b.13). all working good.

Yesterday  i change CPU to E3-1265L V2 

but DSM not have network after arpl booting and start load boot

At begining it take IP but after start loading dsm kernel and booting it loose IP

I cant find dsm machine with synology assistant

I change back cpu to 1610T and all is good ... dsm booting and have IP and start good.

So what is wrong with E3-1265L V2 ???  Have some conflict with arpl kernel ?

What can be wrong ?

I will try to make a new clean usb stick with fresh loader with E3-1265L V2 on gen8.

Maybe is something on loader when is build with another cpu.

On 2/3/2023 at 2:51 PM, AleAmadoC said:

Hello,

When I try to Install Any Model With DSM 42218 (This because is the last version where advanced media codecs can activate) I get Hash mismatch error, no matter what hardware I use, only let me install beyond that like 42962.

Thank you for your help.

Well I think the file downloaded doesnt match with the file expected, thats the same for arpl or for tinycore, at the end i found a working usb with dva 3221 7.0.1 and made and image and save it for future use, as for virtual found also a working vm with same specs and cloned it, I think there will be no more support for 7.0.1 going forward.

7 hours ago, aoprea said:

Hi, i have a HP Microserver Gen 8 with 1610T processor and DS3622xs (ARPL 1.b.13). all working good.

At begining it take IP but after start loading dsm kernel and booting it loose IP

I change back cpu to 1610T and all is good ... dsm booting and have IP and start good.

What can be wrong ?

I will try to make a new clean usb stick with fresh loader with E3-1265L V2 on gen8.

I made a clean usb stick with arpl 1.11a and ds3622xs with E3-1265L V2 ... but is the same ... it take ip at begening but after dms kernel loading

it loose IP and not respond to ping ....

Please help me ... thanks

I made a clean usb stick with arpl 1.11a and ds3622xs with E3-1265L V2 ... but is the same ... it take ip at begening but after dms kernel loading

Happened the same on my microserver gen10. I had intalled proxmox and installed xpenology on it as a vm. It is working perfectly. I had followed this turorial: https://hotstuff.asia/2023/01/11/xpenology-with-arpl-on-proxmox-the-pro-way/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, oswaldini said:

Hi, I want to buy H370M-ITX/ac. This motherboard has two network cards: Intel I219V and I211AT - will both NICs work? The information I found are not unequivocal.

I have an Asrock H370M-ITX/ac and was considering migrating from the Jetway NF9J-Q87 I'm currently using. I last tested with ARPL 1.09 using a spare USB stick and spare hard drives and recall seeing that both the i219v and i211at were available in DSM. The WiFi NIC was not available (I believe that is to be expected). The reason I have not migrated to the Asrock H370M-ITX/ac is because the Asrock H370M-ITX/ac doesn't have onboard serial ports(which in my opinion are essential for troubleshooting) but I was able to add a serial port via a PCIe card in the single available PCIe slot on the Asrock H370M-ITX/ac.

I have since decided on migrating to an Asrock IMB-1211-D which has onboard serial ports which leaves the PCIe slot available for a future upgrade like a 2.5Gb NIC.

Additionally I'd also highly recommend using a Lantronix Spider KVM with motherboards that don't have out-of-band management port(HP iLO or Dell iDrac are examples). The Lantronix Spider KVM also provides a serial connection that is accessible via SSH.

• Like 1

On 2/1/2023 at 2:46 AM, ACiDxCHRiST said:

@fbelavenuto I have a system that last worked on 1.0 beta 5. With every version of ARPL since then, the computer freezes while booting DSM kernel and is not reachable. I have been doing various steps to try and isolate the issue. If I clean image beta 5 to my USB drive then update the menu to beta 13 and build the loader, everything works. But if I then update the Addons and build the loader, DSM never boots. I tried disabling the ACPID and MISC addons alternately, but that didn't help.

Is there something that you changed between beta 5 and beta 6 that would be touched by triggering an addons update? Please let me know any diagnostics that would help you dial down what is causing the problem.

Prod LKM

Direct Boot

Ryzen 3600

ASUS ROG STRIX X370-F GAMING

The main change is eudev addon! With latest addons, add the console addon and check if a console show up in your screen after boot.

• Like 1

On 2/3/2023 at 5:51 PM, AleAmadoC said:

Hello,

When I try to Install Any Model With DSM 42218 (This because is the last version where advanced media codecs can activate) I get Hash mismatch error, no matter what hardware I use, only let me install beyond that like 42962.

Thank you for your help.

Synology changed the files for 42218 release. Now this release have update6 embedded. Try with this image:

https://github.com/fbelavenuto/arpl/actions/runs/4129912020

PS: Try with 42962 release and add "codecpatch" addon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/4/2023 at 5:08 AM, nemesis122 said:

TEST ARPL 1.0 beta 13
System HP gen8 Micorserver CPU i3 3240 16GB RAM 4x4tb HDD + 1xSSD 1xNetwork card Intel 520SFP+ Dual

ARPL 1.0 beta 13  all modules+Addons updated these Modules are also not working when the modules + addons NOT updated
Selected Addons : CPU Info + syno Codec Patch
Selected Modules: ALL ( these Models which is not working is also not working when Moddules are not Selected
DSM Version 42962 tested

920+    no HDD Detected
1621xs  no HDD Detected 
2422xs  no HDD Detected
3615xs  not working crash Soft Lookup [  197.214775] Modules linked in: bromolow_synobios(PO) usbcore usb_common redpill(OF)
3617xs  not working the same problem as 3615xs
3622xs  working perfect in any case updated fresh install etc.
DVA1622 no HDD Detected
RS4021  working perfect in any case updated fresh install etc.

pls note with ARPL 1.0 beta 11 these models 3617 3622 4021 was working perfect in any case other i have not tested there was only a cosmetic issue in the Info tab CPU clock speed 

I believe this server uses a HBA card. DSM Devicetree models do not works with HBA card, only native SATA controllers.

Try change LKM version (advanced menu) from DEV to PROD.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/5/2023 at 3:36 PM, Marello320 said:

Hello everyone, such an interesting question, I'm putting the latest version of rpl v1.0-beta 13, I tried to do everything for a test with 1 disk, in the end everything was put, everything is OK.

But as soon as I connect everything else, 5 disks and 1 ssd, then when building the build and rebooting, I see how the ping goes 1 time, and then silence, I waited for more than 10 minutes, but even the nas did not appear on the network.
Who can tell you what the problem is?

Please change LKM version from DEV to PROD (advanced menu), rebuild and test

• Like 1

On 2/5/2023 at 10:08 PM, tigs said:

Hello Guys and hopefully @fbelavenuto

I have been playing with both this automated or the other non-automated to setup DVA3221 on lenovo P300 thinkstation with xeon E3-1245 v3 CPU and Intel I217LM onboard NIC. 

arpl-1.0-beta13 AND tinycore-redpill.v0.9.4.0

The process is fairly simple and straightforward. Everything went well until the last step when I "Boot the Loader". It booted up to USB with verbose. It is very short lived, for less than a minute. It would shut down automatically. There were occasions i was quick enough to connect from within the Synology assistant. the web page was loading and stuck at http://xxx.xxx.xx.xx:5000/timestamps ?, then computer would shut down. 

I have been playing with for the past 3 days with no progress.

auto serial N

auto Mac

PID and VID are correct

Thanks

Untitled.jpg

Check if "misc" addon is selected.

• Like 2

On 2/7/2023 at 7:17 AM, aoprea said:

What can be wrong ?

Try  change LKM version from DEV to PROD (advanced menu), build and test it.

• Like 1

On 2/7/2023 at 9:32 AM, AleAmadoC said:

Well I think the file downloaded doesnt match with the file expected, thats the same for arpl or for tinycore, at the end i found a working usb with dva 3221 7.0.1 and made and image and save it for future use, as for virtual found also a working vm with same specs and cloned it, I think there will be no more support for 7.0.1 going forward.

Please look at this answer:

• Like 1

On 2/7/2023 at 2:32 PM, aoprea said:

Try to change direct boot to YES (advanced menu)

• Like 1

7 часов назад, aportnov сказал:

Всем привет. Помогите пожалуйста, пытаюсь сделать nvme ssd кэш, система его не видит, что не так? Модель DVA3219.

ssd.jpg

Edit the file: synoinfo.conf Add there: supportnvme="yes" and reboot, everything should work.

• Like 1

On 2/8/2023 at 1:50 PM, aoprea said:

I try that .. no succes .. still not have network after dsm kernel load

I have a same symptoms.

I think v1.0-beta3 (or less) only works well. and you can update latest version from v1.0-beta3.

But do not update module and LVM in update menu and you have to update ARPL only.

• Thanks 1

1 час назад, AlexSoft_58 сказал:

Edit the file: synoinfo.conf Add there: supportnvme="yes" and reboot, everything should work.

This parameter has already been added to /etc/synoinfo.conf, but it was not in /etc.defaults/synoinfo.conf, and I added it, it helped, thank you very much!

• Like 2

Hi, i have running a old Xpenology DSM 6.4 running as 918+ with AMD 1700X , 16GB Ram , 2xNvMe 1TB Samsung PRO (Cache Drives) , 4x4TB HDD, and a Aquantia 10GB NetworkCard

Now i will upgrade this Server and use the new ARPL 1.1-beta1 but here the 918+ have no Aquantia Modules , so i change to the DS3617xs, but after the ARPL Loader was loadet and show me the IP-Address the DSM will not comming up.

UPDATE:
I will Downgrade the ARPL Version to 1.0-beta13 but the same :( 
System will Boot i see the IP Adress
Loading DSM kernel....
Booting....

Crash....
No Ping to the DSM and the Server was freeze

What can i do ?

Greetz

Edited by SpiderPOH

2 hours ago, DHChoi said:

I have a same symptoms.

I think v1.0-beta3 (or less) only works well. and you can update latest version from v1.0-beta3.

But do not update module and LVM in update menu and you have to update ARPL only.

Yes i can confirm this is the best Loader so far working in any states do not forget to add the CPU Governor Command for full performance in the task scheduler 

modprobe acpi-cpufreq && echo "performance" | tee /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu*/cpufreq/scaling_governor

and add with this the correct CPU Information and voila all is working perfect 

Edited by nemesis122

On 2/7/2023 at 9:15 PM, cpresco said:

I have an Asrock H370M-ITX/ac and was considering migrating from the Jetway NF9J-Q87 I'm currently using. I last tested with ARPL 1.09 using a spare USB stick and spare hard drives and recall seeing that both the i219v and i211at were available in DSM. The WiFi NIC was not available (I believe that is to be expected). The reason I have not migrated to the Asrock H370M-ITX/ac is because the Asrock H370M-ITX/ac doesn't have onboard serial ports(which in my opinion are essential for troubleshooting) but I was able to add a serial port via a PCIe card in the single available PCIe slot on the Asrock H370M-ITX/ac.

I have since decided on migrating to an Asrock IMB-1211-D which has onboard serial ports which leaves the PCIe slot available for a future upgrade like a 2.5Gb NIC.

Additionally I'd also highly recommend using a Lantronix Spider KVM with motherboards that don't have out-of-band management port(HP iLO or Dell iDrac are examples). The Lantronix Spider KVM also provides a serial connection that is accessible via SSH.

I bought used H370M-ITX, i5-8400 and 16GB RAM for €158 ($170). I hunted for this motherboard because it has 2x LAN and 6x SATA. I'm getting rid of my Dell 7010 with a Dell Perc H310. I'm on a tight budget so I'll probably order 3x WD Red Plus 4TB drives, the old two WD Red 2TB will be left for non-essential data.

You can use the usb serial port to leave the PCIe slot empty. Here I found drivers for DSM: https://github.com/robertklep/dsm7-usb-serial-drivers

For my needs I don't need additional 2.5Gb or 10Gb NIC, it will aggregate 2x1Gb NIC. I'll probably add a serial port soon.