XPEnology Community

Automated RedPill Loader (ARPL)

fbelavenuto

1 hour ago, Cr4z33 said:

Yes I am already using the same machine MAC address, but right now WOL was not working with my current tinycore-redpill loader.

Thanks tomorrow morning I will be moving to your loader instead. :D

That was the reason for me to change to ARPL too. Same hardware and mac configuration abut WOL is only working for me with ARPL. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, vasiliy_gr said:

I try to fight hibernate issues. Now - not sleeping part, but random awakes (several hours). It makes my HDD-s temperature never come to minimum value of 30 Celsius. So I try different loaders - and because of this I wrote about beta8 so urgently.

My configuration - DS3622xs+, Proxmox, 12-th generation of Intel CPU's (on the test NAS - i5-12400), SAS HBAs LSI 9300 or 9400 (on test NAS - 9400-8i).

And I encountered bad situation... With beta8 I always obtain kernel panic in DSM, it never loaded. I tried many times, with complete reboot of Proxmox.

With beta7 I recieve the message "No space left on device" while building DSM kernel.

With beta6 I receive kernel panic because of beta kernel modules.

On beta3... I receive nothing. DSM loads without issues. But there is no reason to study hibernate on beta3...

As for beta4 and beta5 - I do not tried them previously. As for beta7, previously I downloaded loader beta6 and internaly updated it to beta7. But now I can't do this because of beta8 - and it runs into kernel panic with DSM, as I said previously.

Ok, can you post KP messages here?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, llxbr said:

Hello. Sorry for my English. Please tell me, mother J5005-ITX, installed ARPL v1.0-beta7 DS920+. In Storage Manager/Overview, information about installed disks does not match actual slots. Two disks are installed in slots 2 and 4, but it shows that disks are installed in slots 1 and 2. Despite the fact that when installing ARPL v1.0-beta7 DS918 + everything is fine, where the disks are installed, it shows there. I understand that this is due to the Device-tree system to define the HDs , "SataPortMap" and "DiskIdxMap" prescribed and experimented with them, nothing helps, tell me how to fix it.

Device-tree models do not works with SataPortMap and friends!! For DT models the HDs will be put in sequence.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, fbelavenuto said:

Ok, can you post KP messages here?

It is difficult. As I installed finally beta3 to make this NAS functioning. And I will not try beta8 on 3 other NAS-es, as I do not know how to install beta7 again (after beta8) that is actual there now.

So I prefer someone else to do this achievement. And I will continue with hibernation, as it is more important for me.

On 12/11/2022 at 5:40 PM, idaanx said:

I've noticed some performance issues since upgrading from jun/3615xs to arpl/3522xs on my Braswell Celeron N3150.

So I did some testing with most (if not all models) available in arpl, clean install on a separate drive. I've tested with PHP and Geekbench and on all but the 3615xs model, I'm only getting around 25% of the scores in Geekbench and PHP test script takes around 4.4x longer.

I also went back and tested jun loader with the different models in DSM 6.2 and got all normal results. Next I also gave tcrp a shot with some models and again a performance hit. Although it was only 80% of my Geekbench score and 1.3x longer in PHP, and again 3615xs was all normal.

3615xs 3622xs 3622xs
loader arpl arpl tcrp
php 12s 53s 16s
gb single 217 53 172
gb multi 794 200 638
percent 100% ~25% ~80%

Anyone has some insight on this issue?

Is there a reason why you don't use 918+?

Edited by abced

Update: to answer myself and everybody else who needs to recover an installed DSM (hard drive have to be signed as recoverable!) I succesfully managed to recover!

So to resume:

1. Flash ARPL
  2. Connect to the URL generated
  3. Be sure to select the same machine you used before
  4. Then look for the DSM recovery feature, enable it and be sure then to edit the user config so that it will keep the serial number and MAC address you were using before. If you don't then you won't be able to recover DSM succesfully.

Whole process took like 5 minutes and now EVERYTHING is there plus I am with latest DSM. :)

=========================

@fbelavenuto I failed updating DSM to latest version using previous Tiny Core Loader.

Now I flashed your loader and I see there's a recovery option?

I noticed however it doesn't load the current serial and MAC address.

Serial number field is empty and MAC address is different.

Shall I edit the file to my previous settings or shall I leave it as it is?

Edited by Cr4z33
Updates

Dear all, thanks for the wonderful job with ARP loader.

I just completed my new NAS with updated disks and motherboard: I am using ARPL-1.0-beta6 on a ASROCK j3710-itx, with DSM 7.1.1-42962 update 2 flawlessly.

I only spotted a little problem. Rear usb ports do not work at all. I wanted to connect an external USB disk to make a backup of very important data (using hyperbackup) but the disk is not detected. If I connect the same disk to my PC it works without any problem.

Any hint on how to fix this issue?

DSM detects the USB HUB as a ASM1074 high speed hub.

About beta9. The same. Also - kernel panic. But now I made screenshot. It is when I upgraded beta3 to beta9 with internal menu. Later I also tried beta9 from downloaded image (and settings from the begining (no update). On the second try the call stack was twice longer but I can make only one screenshot before I make this NAS again functional. (That is because I call it "test NAS" for simplicity only. Really it is used as ordinary NAS - and have attached NFS-shares on client. And on client where I can make screenshots - I have Plasma/KDE. So "save file" dialog is blocked before this NAS becomes functional again.)

So I tried beta9, made screenshot and returned to beta3.

Screenshot_20221213_201813.jpg

• Like 1

Hi, I just installed a DVA1622 on Vmware with arpl beta9.

I tried adding a licence to surveillance station but I get a network error when I put a valid licence, if I change a character, I get an invalid licence error.

I saw that it could be an error with the serial number.

I used the generated one, any idea if it's related and what I should then use as serial number ?

1 hour ago, dione said:

Hi All, I have an error when trying to intall on my HP N54L with 4 SATA HD + 8GB Ram.

I also tried on different workstations and I have the same issue.

But, it works in a old laptop with 1gb ram...

Can someone help me to install it on my N54L server.

Thanks.

error ARPL.jpg

I finally found my problem. I deleted all the partitions on the usb stick and generate the usb stick with release 9 and now I can pass this point.

Using DS3615xs - 42661: Created bootloader using v9, get to migrate system, then this error always comes up (Failed to install DSM, Failed to install File, The file is probably corrupted)

I use correct manual install DSM pat file from Synology.

Have Acer Revo One Intel 1.7ghz cpu. with 4mb Ram.

Can anybody help please.

Hello, sorry if there are any wrong words,I use the translator.

Everything works fine until reboot, after which the upload web page does not appear.

My computer is desktop, 

processor Core 2 Duo ,

RAM 4GB 

motherboard : Gigabyte with 3 sata port

Bios F3

I try DS 920+ 

If you or any one help me 

Edited by Murtada Al-Aseel
Add details

1 hour ago, Murtada Al-Aseel said:

Hello, sorry if there are any wrong words,I use the translator.

Everything works fine until reboot, after which the upload web page does not appear.

My computer is desktop, 

processor Core 2 Duo ,

RAM 4GB 

motherboard : Gigabyte with 3 sata port

Bios F3

I try DS 920+ 

If you or any one help me 

You can’t use that processor to build a DS920+. You need at least a Haswel, 4th gen Intel processor, for that. Try building the DS3622xs+ with that CPU. It works with most hardware

1 minute ago, rojoone2 said:

لا يمكنك استخدام هذا المعالج لبناء DS920 +. تحتاج على الأقل إلى معالج إنتل من الجيل الرابع Haswel من أجل ذلك. حاول بناء DS3622xs + باستخدام وحدة المعالجة المركزية تلك. يعمل مع معظم الأجهزة

Well, I will try that and tell you the result. 

thank you for your reply🌹

1 hour ago, rojoone2 said:

You can’t use that processor to build a DS920+. You need at least a Haswel, 4th gen Intel processor, for that. Try building the DS3622xs+ with that CPU. It works with most hardware

Unfortunately, it didn't work either.

What do you suggest I do so that I can install version 6.2 or higher because previous versions don't work with many sync applications with the mobile like ds photo and driver

11 hours ago, gaitken said:

Using DS3615xs - 42661: Created bootloader using v9, get to migrate system, then this error always comes up (Failed to install DSM, Failed to install File, The file is probably corrupted)

I use correct manual install DSM pat file from Synology.

Have Acer Revo One Intel 1.7ghz cpu. with 4mb Ram.

Can anybody help please.

Same issue on my HP Microserver G8

Hello everyone, I'm trying to install ARPL 1.0-beta9 using the 920+ on all build numbers ona Lenovo Thinkcentre M600 Tyiny PC with an N3010 Celeron CPU, but now I'm not being able to find it through the Synology Assistant. If I go to my IP:7681 I have access to busybox. BTW I've plugged my USB into Windows to check the log, but I can't seem to find it anywhere.

On 12/13/2022 at 2:30 PM, ataruz said:

Dear all, thanks for the wonderful job with ARP loader.

I just completed my new NAS with updated disks and motherboard: I am using ARPL-1.0-beta6 on a ASROCK j3710-itx, with DSM 7.1.1-42962 update 2 flawlessly.

I only spotted a little problem. Rear usb ports do not work at all. I wanted to connect an external USB disk to make a backup of very important data (using hyperbackup) but the disk is not detected. If I connect the same disk to my PC it works without any problem.

Any hint on how to fix this issue?

DSM detects the USB HUB as a ASM1074 high speed hub.

I use a very similar board, the ASRock N3150DC-ITX which also uses the same internal USB hub. Never had any issues with the USB, are you looking in the right place for the disk? In Control Panel it should show up in External Devices, if it's formatted as exFAT you need to install the package for that first to read and write to it, or format the disk to something else. Info Center in Control Panel should also have some info on what's connected to the USB ports, for me it shows up as USB disk with a SATA bridge. When mounted the drive shows up as usbshare1 in File Station and you get a drive icon in the top right menu next to the notification icon to eject the disk.