XPEnology Community

Automated RedPill Loader (ARPL)

fbelavenuto

Hello!

I'm in alpha version using the image for vmware. What is the best way to update to the beta version?

Create new image on vmdk beta with your data user-config.yml (serial, mac, etc.)

Only need download lastest vdmk, create your model with menu.sh and put your serial, mac, etc, and boot the new loader.

Can you take snapshot or clone your virtual machine if you don’t think be reliable method.
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, gazzac72 said:

Hi all just got myself Rivo PCIe SATA Card, 8 Port with 8 SATA Cable, SATA Controller Expansion Card with Low Profile Bracket, Marvell 9215 Non-Raid, Boot as System Disk, Support 8 SATA 3.0 Devices(SA3014).

tried to add to mainboard but system wont boot when connected is there drivers for this card or have i brought the wrong card many thanks

Usually, avoid sata cards with more than one chipset (yours seems to have 88SE9215+JMB583), most likely DSM will see only some of them 2 or maybe 4 because of sata multiplexer.  I've tested a 6 port x1 pcie 2.0 card with ASMedia ASM1166 chipset and it works fine.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blindspot said:

Usually, avoid sata cards with more than one chipset (yours seems to have 88SE9215+JMB583), most likely DSM will see only some of them 2 or maybe 4 because of sata multiplexer.  I've tested a 6 port x1 pcie 2.0 card with ASMedia ASM1166 chipset and it works fine.

ahhh ok many thanks i will see if i can order one of those instead thankyou for answering

10 hours ago, apriliars3 said:

Create new image on vmdk beta with your data user-config.yml (serial, mac, etc.)

Only need download lastest vdmk, create your model with menu.sh and put your serial, mac, etc, and boot the new loader.

Can you take snapshot or clone your virtual machine if you don’t think be reliable method.

Thanks, i will try!

First just wanted to say thanks for all the good work on ARPL. 

And wanted to ask is there a way to tell which drivers are actually used to boot the system. I was not sure what modules to select so i selected all included extra modules. 

Now have no idea which one is actually used for SATA controller 😅

4 hours ago, dimammx said:

First just wanted to say thanks for all the good work on ARPL. 

And wanted to ask is there a way to tell which drivers are actually used to boot the system. I was not sure what modules to select so i selected all included extra modules. 

Now have no idea which one is actually used for SATA controller 😅

While booted on DSM, probably 2 options :

1- lsmod

2- lspci -kkvq (every PCI device will show the current module name used)

• Like 1

Hello, I recently updated from ARPL alpha 4 to arpl 1 beta 6, and now its saying that the kernal could not load and i cant boot into DSM, The ARPL configuration, or anything, i just keep getting stuck because there is no kernal to boot off anymore.... what should I do to fix this? I dont really know what I can do here to fix since I can't do or access anything on the machine now... do I need to reflash the flash drive with latest ARPL? Please help, thanks

17 minutes ago, beefyjoe said:

Hello, I recently updated from ARPL alpha 4 to arpl 1 beta 6, and now its saying that the kernal could not load and i cant boot into DSM, The ARPL configuration, or anything, i just keep getting stuck because there is no kernal to boot off anymore.... what should I do to fix this? I dont really know what I can do here to fix since I can't do or access anything on the machine now... do I need to reflash the flash drive with latest ARPL? Please help, thanks

Can you access the user-config.yml from first partition, in another machine?

6 minutes ago, fbelavenuto said:

Can you access the user-config.yml from first partition, in another machine?

Hi fbelavenuto, thanks for taking the time to reply. 
So I did have to reflash the flash drive with the latest ARPL. 
Before I did that, i copied my user-config.yml to my personal computer.
While I was setting up ARPL fresh, I editing the user-config/yml manually in ARPL configuration, and after rebooting, it seems that my DSM is detectable, its showing "Recoverable" as the state in Synology assistant. I am currently going through the Recovery with DSM via the web interface for Synology Asistant/Finds Synology. 
I hope this works, fingers crossed.
(It gave me a warning about my DSM being older than the one on the disks, and said this common after RMA).
I am glad i chose the same build that I started with. 

Also, is DSM 7.1 working on ARPL for DS918+ appololake? Just curious, as I would like to update for security.

Ok so I am recovered... but now my 2FA doesnt work at all... for any of my accounts. I am unable to sign in to the web portal to manage the system, but I can still SSH in, I am currently researching how to go about getting around 2FA and get back into the web interface... 
If anyone has experience with this and is kind enough to donate their knowledge, I would be happy to take your advice.

23 minutes ago, beefyjoe said:

Ok so I am recovered... but now my 2FA doesnt work at all... for any of my accounts. I am unable to sign in to the web portal to manage the system, but I can still SSH in, I am currently researching how to go about getting around 2FA and get back into the web interface... 
If anyone has experience with this and is kind enough to donate their knowledge, I would be happy to take your advice.

I was able to get around 2fa by creating a new account with synouser and adding them to administrator's group, per this guide, https://global.download.synology.com/download/Document/Software/DeveloperGuide/Firmware/DSM/All/enu/Synology_DiskStation_Administration_CLI_Guide.pdf
For others to reference if they get locked out

2 часа назад, fbelavenuto сказал:

I'm sorry, I don't know what could have happened! I just tested it and it's working!

The problem was bond. I disabled one of the interfaces and updated without any problems. Tell me what is the switch direct boot parameter and what is the difference between LM prod and dev?

Edited by aportnov

wondering if anyone has any issues with ram usage im using beta 3 running 12gb ddr4 ram and it always seems to run high,im running rs4021xs+ with plex,jellyfin,radarr,sonarr and sab. ive tried it on ds622 or something like that and had the same results high usage of ram anyone else run into this issue?

download (1).png

5 часов назад, vinhnguyen сказал:

I went to beta 6 but it's like beta 4, beta 5 is not stable when booting into DSM.  I went back to beta 3...

I noticed that DSM don't load on the beta 6 version if the reducelog and powersched addons are enabled

Edited by aportnov