XPEnology Community

Automated RedPill Loader (ARPL)

fbelavenuto

Il y a 2 heures, htanh034 a dit :

I'm upgrading arpl 0.4-alpha12 to v1.0-beta2 with an error below. how do fix it, tks!

image.thumb.png.d9f572271a8af91a086b7c8632b84fc3.png

You can't upgrade from alpha to Beta, you need to download the new archive start scratch from there and if you want to keep your config, just copy the whole text to notepad in alpha and paste it to beta.

• Like 1

Hi, 

would like to introduce issue I had:

- ARPL 0.4 Alpha 12

- DSM 7.1.1-42962 update 2 this update is not a full one (~350Mb), but a small one with ~23Mb pat file ... btw a patch

- Update ARPL to v1.0 Beta 2 ... everything ok during configuration (had to download new image etc. and move config)

BUT, ARPL was downloading/patching the last DSM full version, that is the 7.1.1-42962 update 1 ... and not the update 2 ...

Consequently, my HP Micro Gen8 is bricked as listed by Syno Assistant able to be recover, but finally never accessible ...

Hope a major update in order ARPL get full new version to be able to get it back, but for the moment I am blocked ...  :-( 

Anybody had same issue and fix it ?

Thanks.

Edited by satdream
typo

3 часа назад, satdream сказал:

Hi, 

would like to introduce issue I had:

- ARPL 0.4 Alpha 12

- DSM 7.1.1-42962 update 2 this update is not a full one (~350Mb), but a small one with ~23Mb pat file ... btw a patch

- Update ARPL to v1.0 Beta 2 ... everything ok during configuration (had to download new image etc. and move config)

BUT, ARPL was downloading/patching the last DSM full version, that is the 7.1.1-42962 update 1 ... and not the update 2 ...

Consequently, my HP Micro Gen8 is bricked as listed by Syno Assistant able to be recover, but finally never accessible ...

Hope a major update in order ARPL get full new version to be able to get it back, but for the moment I am blocked ...  :-( 

Anybody had same issue and fix it ?

Thanks.

Try to use TCRP may be?

you should have done it in a different order:

1) ARPL 0.4 Alpha 12 -> ARPL v1.0 Beta 2

2) DSM 7.1.1-42962 update 1 -> DSM 7.1.1-42962 update 2

il y a 31 minutes, dj_nsk a dit :

Try to use TCRP may be?

you should have done it in a different order:

1) ARPL 0.4 Alpha 12 -> ARPL v1.0 Beta 2

2) DSM 7.1.1-42962 update 1 -> DSM 7.1.1-42962 update 2

Sure I understand my mistake and the right order to proceed ... btw ARPL nice update could be to combine full release and patch ...

tried TCRP wo/success ...

Thanks.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally, after 3h30 (!) the migration window was displayed on screen ... and I was able to migrate (wo/changing anything in conf), DSM last release was automaticaly downloaded, and then after reboot ARPL update zImage etc. and everything was coming back, including being in Update 2 ... 

Happy end (even if no clear understanding why >3h to get it back ... I assume DSM checks etc.), but it remains to take care applying ARPL update considering running update/release.

Thanks.

Edited by satdream
Update : all ok

htanh034 said:

I'm upgrading arpl 0.4-alpha12 to v1.0-beta2 with an error below. how do fix it, tks

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Get a NEW USB and rebuild the loader With the new v1.0-beta2 in the machine
1. Same Model 2.  Same Build 3. Same serial number
Everything will load up as before when done , No need to make easy into hard
update3b.png

Edited by Green
  • Like 1

On 10/31/2022 at 4:35 PM, Valiran34 said:

I have choices (my DSM is virtualized under Unraid):

- virtio-net

- virtio

- e1000

- vmxnet3 (the one I've choosen)

You need to passthrough the ethernet controller (best performance) or try virtio/virtio-net (should work). vmxnet is capped in unraid for me too.

4 hours ago, Green said:

htanh034 said:

I'm upgrading arpl 0.4-alpha12 to v1.0-beta2 with an error below. how do fix it, tks

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Get a NEW USB and rebuild the loader With the new v1.0-beta2 in the machine
1. Same Model 2.  Same Build 3. Same serial number
Everything will load up as before when done , No need to make easy into hard
update3b.png

It's ok, no need recoverable. tks!

Edited by htanh034

On 11/2/2022 at 12:08 AM, AuxXxilium said:

You need to passthrough the ethernet controller (best performance) or try virtio/virtio-net (should work). vmxnet is capped in unraid for me too.

hello  I'm trying your loader, could you also make a guide for proxmox?

what is Synocode Patch ?

and nvme (NVMe als Cache)?

1 hour ago, vortexxx said:

bnx2 driver loaded but in network controller not visible

bnx2x: QLogic 5771x/578xx 10/20-Gigabit Ethernet Driver bnx2x 1.713.36 ($DateTime: 2016/06/16 03:53:41 $ 

iSCSI:qla_dbg.c:2605:ql_log qla2xxx [0000:00:00.0]-0005: : QLogic Fibre Channel HBA Driver: 8.07.00.38-k 

Which DSM  loader are you building ? DS3622 ?

Edited by painkiller895

Hi,

Just to tell I migrated/updated my Proxmox DS3622xs+ from DSM 7.1-42661 Update 3 TCRP v0.8 to DSM 7.1.1-42962 Update 2 using your ARPL beta2

and it went very smooth

I only took care of adding command lines matching my needs :

DiskIdxMap=1000
SataPortMap=18

and my SN.

And it was very smooth update.

Thank you :)

37 minutes ago, vortexxx said:

ds3617xs  7.1.1-42962

Intel Ethernet Network Adapter X520-SR2 will work with DS3617, The qlogic card is not comparable with that loader. I'm using the intel card with no problem. Plug and play.

check this link out : https://www.synology.com/en-global/compatibility?search_by=category&category=network_interface_cards&p=1&change_log_p=1

Edited by painkiller895

2 hours ago, Orphée said:

Hi,

Just to tell I migrated/updated my Proxmox DS3622xs+ from DSM 7.1-42661 Update 3 TCRP v0.8 to DSM 7.1.1-42962 Update 2 using your ARPL beta2

and it went very smooth

I only took care of adding command lines matching my needs :

DiskIdxMap=1000
SataPortMap=18

and my SN.

And it was very smooth update.

Thank you :)

Just did the same with my HP Pavillion I5 running baremetal DVA3221, very smooth again :)

Edited by Orphée

update from Redpill ds920+  to Automated RedPill Loader

hi, all

I build a DS920+ v7.1.0-42661 folloing a video from youtube. 

now I will like to update to Automated RedPill Loader (ARPL) without losing the work I alredy save on the drives.
is there a way? anu advise please

tmaster77

EPC621D8A mobo with Intel X540-T2 , unable to load latest ARPL with 10GB nic, gives error getting IP after building and booting

embedded NICs worked, recognized all 18 drives

Would like to get 10GB NICs working ,  any suggestions?

FYI with Alpha build the NIC X540-T2 gets recognized no issues other than it keeps crashing the volume after reboots, bare metal setup

1 hour ago, tmaster77 said:

update from Redpill ds920+  to Automated RedPill Loader

hi, all

I build a DS920+ v7.1.0-42661 folloing a video from youtube. 

now I will like to update to Automated RedPill Loader (ARPL) without losing the work I alredy save on the drives.
is there a way? anu advise please

tmaster77

Just get a new USB and build the loader as DS920+ ( try to use same serial number ) and it will boot right up

I did something stupid.

I purchased e5 2680v4 (28 cores) ($10) and X99 Board and built this again  918+ 7.1 baremetal ARPL.

• Does 7.0+/Redpill have cpu core count maximum? My new CPU 14 cores 28 threads. ☹️ I just remembered a core count max of 8 on juns loader....😮 
  • If you have 28 core cpu, and your build only uses 8 cores, are all the rest of the cores completely wasted?
  • Is there any way with baremetal to use 14/28 cores
  • does anyone know if X540-t2 is plug and play for 918+ 7.1 baremetal ARPL ????
  • if i were to clone my current boot USB Flash Drive to external ssd or something else, would there become VID/PID problems?

Edited by Captainfingerbang
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Captainfingerbang said:

I purchased e5 2680v4 (28 cores)

https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/61634-dsm-7x-loaders-and-platforms/

Your CPU has 56 threads.  The max supported on the mainstream platforms is 24 (see the link above).

You will need to virtualize and run other workloads to maximize the CPU.  If you want to run baremetal, change to one of the platforms that supports 24 threads, turn off Hyperthreading and then you can use 24 cores out of 28.

• Thanks 1