XPEnology Community

Automated RedPill Loader (ARPL)

fbelavenuto

Hi, this my first post

In use ARPL to create with hardware: Mainboard Asus Z77, intel 2600 cpu, HP240 HBA card, 8x3T HDD

All successful, but have small problem: My 8HDD not have valid serial number (image attach).

It is very difficult to replace the HDD when damaged

Pls help !

Nas9_HDD_10232022_no serial.jpg

Edited by chucuoigia

18 hours ago, chucuoigia said:

Hi, this my first post

In use ARPL to create with hardware: Mainboard Asus Z77, intel 2600 cpu, HP240 HBA card, 8x3T HDD

All successful, but have small problem: My 8HDD not have valid serial number (image attach).

It is very difficult to replace the HDD when damaged

Pls help !

Nas9_HDD_10232022_no serial.jpg

For HBA cards only DS3615XS, DS3617XS and DS3622XS works

• Like 3

On 10/15/2022 at 3:25 AM, vista1967 said:

Screenshot 2022-10-14 at 20-21-20 Tuto DSM 7.0.1 DSM 7.1.png

Since yesterday, with @pocopico , we have been testing the new extension driver for the apollolake / geminilake / v1000 platforms where it was not possible to turn on power schedule.
The new driver is called rtc-cmos .

https://github.com/pocopico/rp-ext/tree/main/rtc-cmos

This driver solves the problem that /dev/rtc0 is not created on the above 3 platforms.
After adding the driver in TCRP and building the loader,

you can check that the power is turned on by reservation in 3 minutes with the script below.
The power must of course be turned off beforehand.

sudo sh -c "echo 0 > /sys/class/rtc/rtc0/wakealarm"
sudo sh -c "echo `date '+%s' -d '+ 3 minutes'` > /sys/class/rtc/rtc0/wakealarm"

@pocopico is currently completing the automation script so that it can work even on the power schedule in the control panel.
When this script is completed, do you think it can be applied to ARPL?

@fbelavenuto
How do you see it?
Is it acceptable to APRL?

Edited by Peter Suh
  • Like 1

Le 21/10/2022 à 18:52, Valiran34 a dit :

Are you able to make your HDD hibernate? Without nothing running except DSM itself, my HDDs never hibernate.

I'ml using a VM under Unraid, passing throught the whole LSI card where the HDD are connected. Using fake SN and Mac on a ds3622xs+.

Nobody have something to share about it? :(

Well Well...

Trying to find why my HDD doesn't hibernate lead me to a bug (?).

My config:

Ds3622XS+ using a VM under Unraid.

The vmdk loader is configured in USB (configuring it as a SATA device doesn't change anything, except that disk3 become green on the loader capture under). My 4 SATA HDD are connected to a 4a:00.0 Serial Attached SCSI controller: Broadcom / LSI SAS2308 PCI-Express Fusion-MPT SAS-2 (rev 05) and the whole card is passed throught to the VM.

6 HDD on this card.

My computer is an AMD Threadripper 3690x on an Aorus Master sTRX40 with no Intel SATA controller.

And now that's what I see in the loader:

803112753_Capturedecran2022-10-26a00_14_56.thumb.png.b1215ebccea2e2009ef2e5a55a7366b6.png

And on DSM (pay attention to the fact that DSM doesn't see any expansion bay) :

353703153_Capturedecran2022-10-26a00_18_51.png.068eec4c69fd831c8175355cb7c0327e.png

1573158309_Capturedecran2022-10-26a00_18_59.png.67c8b6d29979bbcb09faec7786963307.png

How can I make:

- The loader to see the proper card and the proper disks

- DSM to see the disk in the right socket (HDD1 in HDD1 socket and not in socket 13)

?

Edited by Valiran34

@fbelavenuto

From yesterday, I heard from pocopico that you are working with pocopico to improve functions related to power reservation management.

I heard that the power reservation GUI of the control panel is being modified to enable multi-reservation.

Does the last updated version of ARPL include this multi-reservation?

Edited by Peter Suh

4 minutes ago, Peter Suh said:

@fbelavenuto

From yesterday, I heard from pocopico that you are working with pocopico to improve functions related to power reservation management.

I heard that the power reservation GUI of the control panel is being modified to enable multi-reservation.

Does the last updated version of ARPL include this multi-reservation?

Ah, I misunderstood the PM of pocopico.
The permanent solution was provided by you
Is pocopico thinking about multi-reservation?
Sorry. ^^

Hi @Valiran34,

This is how Unraid's QEMU works. The 1st virtual SATA controller is there no matter what you do. I do not know the specific reasons but a virtual SATA controller is present even if you do not have a drive. I am not talking about pass-through drives.

The 2nd Virtual Controller I believe that you can remove. Just go into your Unraid VM XML and see if you can remove something that looks like this:

<controller type='sata' index='1'>
      <alias name='ide'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x02' slot='0x01' function='0x0'/>
    </controller>

If the above exists if you can remove it the 2nd controller should disappear...

The 1st controller which should look like this, as said you cannot remove it but what you can do is go into the ARPL configuration and add those SataPortMap and SataIdxMap like the sample below.

<controller type='sata' index='0'>
      <alias name='ide'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x1f' function='0x2'/>
    </controller>

I saw this before in TinyCore Red Pill. I do not know how to describe it but I think the 1st controller (The one that you cannot remove from Unraid's QEMU XML) has 1 drive or has no drives and starts at 1st position and then your 2nd controller (Your passtrough card) has 6 drives and the 1st drive starts at 1st position.

Its complicate, there is a lot of trial and error to make this work. I just gave you a general idea of what is going on...

SataPortMap=16
DiskIdxMap=00

Also that wrong numbering will not affect DSM in any way. It's just a cosmetic issue... you can leave it as is if you want. It should not cause any issues.

5 hours ago, Valiran34 said:

Well Well...

Trying to find why my HDD doesn't hibernate lead me to a bug (?).

My config:

Ds3622XS+ using a VM under Unraid.

The vmdk loader is configured in USB (configuring it as a SATA device doesn't change anything, except that disk3 become green on the loader capture under). My 4 SATA HDD are connected to a 4a:00.0 Serial Attached SCSI controller: Broadcom / LSI SAS2308 PCI-Express Fusion-MPT SAS-2 (rev 05) and the whole card is passed throught to the VM.

6 HDD on this card.

My computer is an AMD Threadripper 3690x on an Aorus Master sTRX40 with no Intel SATA controller.

And now that's what I see in the loader:

803112753_Capturedecran2022-10-26a00_14_56.thumb.png.b1215ebccea2e2009ef2e5a55a7366b6.png

And on DSM (pay attention to the fact that DSM doesn't see any expansion bay) :

353703153_Capturedecran2022-10-26a00_18_51.png.068eec4c69fd831c8175355cb7c0327e.png

1573158309_Capturedecran2022-10-26a00_18_59.png.67c8b6d29979bbcb09faec7786963307.png

How can I make:

- The loader to see the proper card and the proper disks

- DSM to see the disk in the right socket (HDD1 in HDD1 socket and not in socket 13)

?

Edited by gadreel

first of all apologize if my english is not very good,
I have mounted the dsm 7.1 on an intel hardware:
supermicro x10sdv-tp8f motherboard (intel xeon d-1518, 8cores,6 LAN 1GB, 2 LAN 10GB)
16ram ddr ecc,
hba lsi 3008 controller
2u box from the manufacturer chembro sas/sata with 14 disks, 2 power supplies

I installed the installation version of (velabenuto) v0.5-alfa1, I followed all the configuration steps and selected the version for RS4021xs+, which is the most similar hardware I have for that version
It has really been installed without any let's say serious problem 
detects disks (but not in correct order), says one power supply fails (both power supplies work fine)
I attach screenshots and photos
I would like to be able to organize the hard drives correctly
the hba controller has all the front drives connected to it, and the rear small drive is connected to the sata controller on the motherboard ,thanks😁

lan.jpg

fotodiscos2.jpg

fotodiscos.jpg

dsm version.jpg

centro de informacion.jpg

frontal.jpg

detras.jpg

pantalla1.jpg

pantalla2.jpg

pantalla3.jpg

pantalla4.jpg

pantalla5.jpg

9 hours ago, jurgenautt said:

first of all apologize if my english is not very good,
I have mounted the dsm 7.1 on an intel hardware:
supermicro x10sdv-tp8f motherboard (intel xeon d-1518, 8cores,6 LAN 1GB, 2 LAN 10GB)
16ram ddr ecc,
hba lsi 3008 controller
2u box from the manufacturer chembro sas/sata with 14 disks, 2 power supplies

I installed the installation version of (velabenuto) v0.5-alfa1, I followed all the configuration steps and selected the version for RS4021xs+, which is the most similar hardware I have for that version
It has really been installed without any let's say serious problem 
detects disks (but not in correct order), says one power supply fails (both power supplies work fine)
I attach screenshots and photos
I would like to be able to organize the hard drives correctly
the hba controller has all the front drives connected to it, and the rear small drive is connected to the sata controller on the motherboard ,thanks😁

lan.jpg

fotodiscos2.jpg

fotodiscos.jpg

dsm version.jpg

centro de informacion.jpg

frontal.jpg

detras.jpg

pantalla1.jpg

pantalla2.jpg

pantalla3.jpg

pantalla4.jpg

pantalla5.jpg

Hi Jurgen

No need to apologize for language, I think that most of us in here is not native english speakers - so no problem there :)

In regards to your problems.

The PSU warnings is a known limitation of the RS4021xs model at the moment, as far as I know there has been no attempts to try and find/modify the warnings that come with it - So for now its just something that you have to live with.

In regards to the HBA order - This is a known issue, DSM will put the HBA drives in a random order at boot, I believe that there was efforts made into a work-around to this in the following thread, but I have no idea if it works etc.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Valiran34 said:

So we have to replace the 2 vmdk files? Does our actual loader won't be f0cked?

Save the user-config.yml from first, replace the vmdks, boot the new loader and re-put the user-config.yml, this way is possible to recreate the loader with same config.

DSM will ask for recover, do it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fbelavenuto said:

Save the user-config.yml from first, replace the vmdks, boot the new loader and re-put the user-config.yml, this way is possible to recreate the loader with same config.

DSM will ask for recover, do it.

update from alpha to beta, restored the saved user-config.ym in /mnt/p1, rebuild the loader , start recover process  in DMS ,update process OK with no problem  in proxmox VM

i have a proplem only, how can i set disk in the 4 slots of ds918+?

i have a virtio scsi single, with 2 qemu scsi disks in proxmox VM but DSM call them disk 13 and 14, i want disk 1 and 2 or something in that 4 slots only

Nuovo Immagine bitmap.jpg

Edited by frezeen

34 minutes ago, frezeen said:

update from alpha to beta, restored the saved user-config.ym in /mnt/p1, rebuild the loader , start recover process  in DMS ,update process OK with no problem  in proxmox VM

i have a proplem only, how can i set disk in the 4 slots of ds918+?

i have a virtio scsi single, with 2 qemu scsi disks in proxmox VM but DSM call them disk 13 and 14, i want disk 1 and 2 or something in that 4 slots only

Nuovo Immagine bitmap.jpg

What does the option to show attached drives (in the loader) look like?

That will help :)