XPEnology Community

Automated RedPill Loader (ARPL)

fbelavenuto

18 hours ago, mcdull said:

May I have a quick question? is this loader blocking quickconnect or transcoding service?

I have a valid serial number and mac under vm but cannot get either to work.  with the TinyCore RedPill Loader I have no such issue. Thanks.

FWIW, I also have a real serial and mac.  I'm able to use quickconnect just fine.  My goal was to get email notifications working.  I intially started out with an auto-generated serial number/mac.  This was on a working system.  I then changed the SN/MAC to a real one.  But no matter what I tried notifications just wouldn't work.  So I started over and recreated my NAS using a real SN/MAC, re-imported settings and only then notifications started to work.  I'm running ProxMox so this was pretty easy to do.

It might be worth a shot.  I think you need a real SN/MAC configured in the loader when the DSM boots up for the first time.  This was certainly needed in my case to get notifications working.

2 hours ago, SanKen said:

I have a question how to install ARPL on an internal disk?

Disk eMMC 32GB 

So that I do not have to use a flash drive. 

linux and dd command?

I just installed ARPL to an internal SSD with a simply usd- SSD connector cable, so my pc see it to an usb flash drive. I think, it' s an easiest way. 

Edited by Rick4

8 hours ago, TheEvilSide said:

Hi Rick4.
I have read all the pages of this thread, 41. Nothing is said about power schedule, wake on. I've read much of the redpill thread and haven't seen anyone mention this. I have also read on github and neither.
Before posting to ask for help I have spent a lot of time reading and I have not found any information about it.

Regards

Screenshot 2022-10-14 at 20-21-20 Tuto DSM 7.0.1 DSM 7.1.png

• Like 1

16 hours ago, vista1967 said:

Screenshot 2022-10-14 at 20-21-20 Tuto DSM 7.0.1 DSM 7.1.png

Thank you, but unfortunately in my case =Asrock J1900B-ITX and DS3617xs operation NOT ok. I tried it with default bios settings, and tried with switched off all unnescessary options. No luck, real local time synced with  dsm time but dsm set bios time 2 hours earlier  again and again. 

DSM faulty Error 13

System:
DS31615xs
works without problems
Hardware:
Fujitsu Futro S740 mini PC Intel J4105 1.50GHz 8GB 16GB SSD
Should only run as a reverse proxy and Let's Encrypt certificate management.

Update of ARRPL and modules
Bootstick created for ds3615xs ( 42218 )
Device starts up
finds.synology.com finds device
Installation ( DSM_DS3615xs_42218.pat ) Manually not possible
Automatic installation not possible.

Error 13 !

Also trying with 920+ because of CPU same problem
error 13
VID and PID are OK
MAC is OK
IP is ok
Model name is ok

However, DSM 6.1.7-15284 Update 3 works fine

Does the DSM install itself after the Boor process, since it is downloaded beforehand?

Translated with Google

If there is a user from Germany, please reply in German or write a PM

7 hours ago, Rick4 said:

Thank you, but unfortunately in my case =Asrock J1900B-ITX and DS3617xs operation NOT ok. I tried it with default bios settings, and tried with switched off all unnescessary options. No luck, real local time synced with  dsm time but dsm set bios time 2 hours earlier  again and again. 

Today i just tried with a special industrial Kontron KTQM87-itx mobo, doesn't want to boot in a set time after is shut down it, dsm set bios time to a -hours time zone again and again, 3617xs files, another all ok. 

Edited by Rick4

On 10/14/2022 at 9:56 PM, kociubin said:

FWIW, I also have a real serial and mac.  I'm able to use quickconnect just fine.  My goal was to get email notifications working.  I intially started out with an auto-generated serial number/mac.  This was on a working system.  I then changed the SN/MAC to a real one.  But no matter what I tried notifications just wouldn't work.  So I started over and recreated my NAS using a real SN/MAC, re-imported settings and only then notifications started to work.  I'm running ProxMox so this was pretty easy to do.

It might be worth a shot.  I think you need a real SN/MAC configured in the loader when the DSM boots up for the first time.  This was certainly needed in my case to get notifications working.

Thanks for your information, but I have the same mac and sn when mirgating from a working DSM 7 of TinyCore RedPill Loader.  I am also using Proxmox as well, should I start up another vm and put back all hdd?

10 hours ago, lustigerpeter said:

Das gleiche Problem mit 920+
Installation ok
Speicherpool-SSD kann nicht erstellt werden,
wird erkannt

920+ works now.

I did a migration from 3615xs to 920+ but with the option "keep all data".
The latest DMS can be installed automatically.

It doesn't work with a blank disk.

Thanks for the tool

18 hours ago, Rick4 said:

Today i just tried with a special industrial Kontron KTQM87-itx mobo, doesn't want to boot in a set time after is shut down it, dsm set bios time to a -hours time zone again and again, 3617xs files, another all ok. 

Today i just tried with an Asrock H110M-ITX mobo with an i7-6700 CPU, everything's works, but 3617XS image set bios time 2 hours earlier again after it booted. 

Hi, 

Just wanted to say thanks for this brilliant Automated loader. I have no Linux skills so was unsure of how to use TCRP but with your loader it was a breeze. 

My system is a Terramaster F5-221 which was running 6.2 based on a DS918+ from using Jun's loader, it probably didn't need an update but I kept getting prompts from Synology so I thought it was time but saw the process as daunting. Anyway I found your automated loader and gave it a go and hey presto! from the automation I am now on a DS920+ running DSM 7.1.1.

So Thanks again!

CeeBs :D

• Like 1

On 10/8/2022 at 12:11 PM, Rasmus86 said:

Outcome of the update: SUCCESSFUL
- DSM version prior update: DS918+ DSM 6.2 JUN loader -> DSM 7.1.1-42962 Update 1
- Loader version and model: Automated Redpill Loader 0.5 alpha 1, DS918+
- Using custom extra.lzma: NA                    
- Installation type: Baremetal (Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI – i3-4170)

- Additional comments:  HW Transcoding in Plex works + Docker (Haugene) works

Update on this - almost everything still works.

Except for shutdown - I can make it shutdown, but it turns back on after a few minutes. Have gone over the forum and can see that people with Proxmox etc. have had this issue, but I don't use Proxmox. The only way to shut down the NAS is to push the power button until it turns off. Can anyone point me in the direction of af forum post with a fix?

In the log it says:

2022-10-17 10:49:38 - SYSTEM - System started to boot up

2022-10-17 10:46:54 - admin - System started counting down to shutdown

9 minutes ago, Rick4 said:

You generated that within ARPL, or use it before somewhere? 

I used it with tinycore loader for a long time.  And both QC and Transcoding work.

Now I messed up the DSM, and now force reinstalled and lost all settings.  But still the serial number was report wrong and in DSM I cannot sign in my synology account.

3 minutes ago, mcdull said:

I used it with tinycore loader for a long time.  And both QC and Transcoding work.

Now I messed up the DSM, and now force reinstalled and lost all settings.  But still the serial number was report wrong and in DSM I cannot sign in my synology account.

Can you used that serial with same latest dsm, or older only? 

Edited by Rick4

1 minute ago, Rick4 said:

Can you used that serial with same latesd dsm, or older only? 

if I have a working config with latest dsm, why should I bother to do it again?  I just tried update my version togehter with the loader. It was good with my 2nd latest DSM version.  

1 hour ago, mcdull said:

I have a valid SN for DS3622xs+ too which is offically working within the synology account but ARPL is complaining that this SN is invalid too.