XPEnology Community

Automated RedPill Loader (ARPL)

fbelavenuto

38 minutes ago, gadreel said:

I have an LSI SAS 9207-8i and I tried to install ARPL with DS2422+ (AMD 3900X) and no drives were detected.

Looking at the modules, geminilake and v1000 do not contain the mpt3sas.ko therefore you cannot use LSI on these 2?

you cannot, use ds3622xs+ if you want a hba card

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DarkVybz said:

Hey anyone else having problems find the nas on the network, if so how do I go about finding the problem, I tried using https://finds.synology.com but the ip that shows up isn’t the one that shows up on the monitor, anyways non of the IP address that I used work and the sinology assistant doesn’t detect anything. 9B60F423-4DD9-4BBF-849E-530A65FA1718.thumb.jpeg.058f64c8aa7a686d1aec263947c69817.jpeg

DA5E54C1-352C-484D-B3BD-F3FF1D3D3B79.png

i've only used arpl for testing not live builds, but from your images, your command line seems to be missing mac address and serial number assignments. did you run that step in the build? i'd guess dhcp will fail without the mac and the nas is self assigning ?

Hey everyone, first of all thanks @fbelavenuto for his great work!

I'm wondering if I could get some bit of assistance, new adopter here :) I got this to work out-of-the-box in an HP 800 G1 MT machine all fine and dandy, yay! However things didn't turn out well on my side so I had to change hardware. I'm currently using a new machine (still 4th gen) most specifically a Z97 Gaming 3 motherboard which seems to have an Intel Killer Ethernet NIC.

For some reason I'm unable to get it to boot at all regardless of the model I've used. Ping works while it's in ARPL. Once it boots to the kernel, it stops working.

I also have some USB 3.0 LAN adapters (ASIX chip) but they don't seem to work at all either after kernel boot.

Does anybody have any idea what can I do to get this to work? (I'm assuming my issue is the NIC... It could be anything else, but no idea what could it be? I disabled VT-x and C1E as I read around in another post, but it didn't seem to do anything).

LSPCI output:

00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation 4th Gen Core Processor DRAM Controller (rev 06)
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 4th Generation Core Processor Family Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 06)
00:03.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation Xeon E3-1200 v3/4th Gen Core Processor HD Audio Controller (rev 06)
00:14.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation 9 Series Chipset Family USB xHCI Controller
00:16.0 Communication controller: Intel Corporation 9 Series Chipset Family ME Interface #1
00:1a.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation 9 Series Chipset Family USB EHCI Controller #2
00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 9 Series Chipset Family HD Audio Controller
00:1c.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 9 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port 1 (rev d0)
00:1c.2 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 9 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port 3 (rev d0)
00:1c.3 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801 PCI Bridge (rev d0)
00:1d.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation 9 Series Chipset Family USB EHCI Controller #1
00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation Z97 Chipset LPC Controller
00:1f.2 SATA controller: Intel Corporation 9 Series Chipset Family SATA Controller [AHCI Mode]
00:1f.3 SMBus: Intel Corporation 9 Series Chipset Family SMBus Controller
02:00.0 Ethernet controller: Qualcomm Atheros Killer E220x Gigabit Ethernet Controller (rev 13)
03:00.0 PCI bridge: ASMedia Technology Inc. ASM1083/1085 PCIe to PCI Bridge (rev 03)

LSUSB output:

Bus 002 Device 002: ID 8087:8001 Intel Corp. Integrated Hub
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 8087:8009 Intel Corp. 
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 004 Device 003: ID 0b95:1790 ASIX Electronics Corp. AX88179 Gigabit Ethernet
Bus 004 Device 002: ID 0b95:1790 ASIX Electronics Corp. AX88179 Gigabit Ethernet
Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
Bus 003 Device 003: ID 045e:0745 Microsoft Corp. Nano Transceiver v1.0 for Bluetooth
Bus 003 Device 002: ID 0781:5567 SanDisk Corp. Cruzer Blade
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

Thanks in advance!

Edited by DARKGuy

So i just tried to migrate from TCRP 918+ on 7.1.0 42661 to ARPL 0.4a6 920+ 7.1.1 42962.

The synology won't boot anymore. I created my image, added the i915 (10th gen CPU) module and booted. I was able to go through the installation setup (the one where it asks to upload a PAT file or download it from the web). But after that the synology won't come up.

I get the screen where it tells me my IP for about 30 seconds and then the screen goes black. The IP is pingable even after the screen goes black, but the page won't load up.

The only driver i had to load manually back when i was using TCRP was the 8125, but i didn't do it with the ARPL since it gets added automatically as far as i understand. 

On 9/9/2022 at 8:27 PM, SanKen said:

how to add acpi button shutdown? 

I'm interesting that too. There is button.ko in arpl module for apollolake. Is it enough to download addons and instal it?

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/fbelavenuto/arpl-modules/main/apollolake-4.4.180/button.ko

of course if it's for off DSM by power button.

WOL can be add by addons?

Great job @fbelavenutowith project.

10 hours ago, sbv3000 said:

i've only used arpl for testing not live builds, but from your images, your command line seems to be missing mac address and serial number assignments. did you run that step in the build? i'd guess dhcp will fail without the mac and the nas is self assigning ?

Seems something is wrong with v0.4-alpha7, I downgrade to v0.4-alpha6 and everything seems to be working now, and yah I had the MAC address I just didn’t include it because it was my real Mac 

Edited by DarkVybz

13 hours ago, sbv3000 said:

I'm running into the same problem but in my case I got the real mac address assign but immediately I boot the loader, the NAS is lost. No dhcp entry in the router, only when I enter again in the config loader...

image.thumb.png.cba60206a4f2931680438df4cfe5d402.png

33 minutes ago, Tone said:

I'm running into the same problem but in my case I got the real mac address assign but immediately I boot the loader, the NAS is lost. No dhcp entry in the router, only when I enter again in the config loader...

image.thumb.png.cba60206a4f2931680438df4cfe5d402.png

I'm also getting the same here. Maybe that version is broken? Same happens with 0.6 so... :(

Edited by DARKGuy

On 8/23/2022 at 9:51 PM, kekesed97 said:

I think it's pretty safe to upgrade. I've upgraded from Jun's 1.03b to redpill without a hitch sometime ago. But to be extra safe, you can emulate your current confing using different USB and HDD or VM and see if the update will work for you.

Nice! Any guide to upgrade smoothly and transferring all apps and settings from DSM6? Or is it starting from scratch the only way?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, xPalito93 said:

So i just tried to migrate from TCRP 918+ on 7.1.0 42661 to ARPL 0.4a6 920+ 7.1.1 42962.

The synology won't boot anymore. I created my image, added the i915 (10th gen CPU) module and booted. I was able to go through the installation setup (the one where it asks to upload a PAT file or download it from the web). But after that the synology won't come up.

I get the screen where it tells me my IP for about 30 seconds and then the screen goes black. The IP is pingable even after the screen goes black, but the page won't load up.

The only driver i had to load manually back when i was using TCRP was the 8125, but i didn't do it with the ARPL since it gets added automatically as far as i understand. 

Yep. Same here. I am new install DS920+ .

@fbelavenuto asked to open GitHub issues for problems and to now write here, he cannot track every single post.

open a issue on GitHub, post config an logs and try to explain what is happening so he can maybe fix what is wrong.

there are problems with some add-ons, maybe eudev (dunno) that does not load the drivers so many users have problems at boot, and for those one that have problems with the i915 and build 42962 it is probably a kernel panic loading the backported modules, it is mandatory a log to see what happens.

a message like "oh I'm stuck at booting kernel no ip address" is meaningless, i hope that is clear.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Il y a 3 heures, pigr8 a dit :

@fbelavenuto asked to open GitHub issues for problems and to now write here, he cannot track every single post.

open a issue on GitHub, post config an logs and try to explain what is happening so he can maybe fix what is wrong.

there are problems with some add-ons, maybe eudev (dunno) that does not load the drivers so many users have problems at boot, and for those one that have problems with the i915 and build 42962 it is probably a kernel panic loading the backported modules, it is mandatory a log to see what happens.

a message like "oh I'm stuck at booting kernel no ip address" is meaningless, i hope that is clear.

Hello,

I think the problem come from a general failure caused by udevadm binary absence in eudev addon package release
I made a merge request yesterday  https://github.com/fbelavenuto/arpl-addons/pull/29
An addon release has been produced here  https://github.com/jimmyGALLAND/arpl-addons/releases/tag/v2.90-jimmygalland

Maybe try  replace in bootloader image partition 3 directory addon by this release.

2 часа назад, buggy25200 сказал:

Maybe try  replace in bootloader image partition 3 directory addon by this release.

Please explain how to add addons. Is it possible to do this from the ARL GUI by providing a link for the addon?

Or you need to write files to the addons folder in partition 3 of the bootable USB flash drive, then which files should I write?