XPEnology Community

Automated RedPill Loader (ARPL)

fbelavenuto

2 hours ago, tomeeli said:

Asrock QC5000 8GB, 1 HDD, clean installation. After compiling the bootloader and booting from it, the system freezes, the link disappears and the usb ports are disconnected. I waited for 10-15 minutes. I used alpha 5 and alpha 6, on alpha 4 the link in the router is defined as 10 Mbit, but after a few minutes it also disappears. Tried builds from DS3617 and DS918+, 7.0.1-7.1.1

From the manufacturer's website, is the network card the Realtek RTL8111E model?

Thank you, I have successfully installed DS3622 on Proxmox using ARPL but I'm unable to activate Backup for Business. I used the following command.

https://10.1.63.38:5001/webapi/auth.cgi?api=SYNO.API.Auth&version=3&method=login&account=username&passwd=password&format=cookie

https://10.1.63.38:5001/webapi/entry.cgi?api=SYNO.ActiveBackup.Activation&method=set&version=1&activated=true&serial_number="SerialNumber"

Have anyone successfully activate Active for Business?

Hello there,

First thanks for the automated solution. I'm having the following issue, when I choose de build (DS3622xs+) and build it and when I boot the loader, I lose the IP assignation immediately and I'm unable to init synology assistant to start the installation and when I reboot and loader it's booted I get an ERROR on ip assignation. Do I miss some specific network driver or something like this? I'm using an HP Proliant Microserver Gen10 (AMD opteron X3126)

Thanks!

Thank you to the creator of Automated Redpill Loader (ARPL). I was able to install my first DSM 7.1.1 on Proxmox.

Here's the link to activate Active Backup for Business. Just replace IP, username, password, and serial number with your informations.

Authentication
https://ip:5001/webapi/auth.cgi?api=SYNO.API.Auth&version=3&method=login&account=username&passwd=password&format=cookie

Activate Active Backup for Business
https://ip:5001/webapi/entry.cgi?api=SYNO.ActiveBackup.Activation&method=set&version=1&activated=true&serial_number="SerialNumber"

Activate Active Backup 365
https://ip:5001/webapi/entry.cgi?api=SYNO.ActiveBackupOffice365&method=set_activation&version=1&serial_number="SerialNumber"

Activate Active Backup G-Suite
https://ip:5001/webapi/entry.cgi?api=SYNO.ActiveBackupGSuite&method=set_activation&version=1&serial_number="SerialNumber"

Edited by vinhdt
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Tone said:

Hello there,

First thanks for the automated solution. I'm having the following issue, when I choose de build (DS3622xs+) and build it and when I boot the loader, I lose the IP assignation immediately and I'm unable to init synology assistant to start the installation and when I reboot and loader it's booted I get an ERROR on ip assignation. Do I miss some specific network driver or something like this? I'm using an HP Proliant Microserver Gen10 (AMD opteron X3126)

Thanks!

To clarify: network card is an Embedded Broadcom BCM5720 Dual Port Gbe LOM. Didn't have problems building the booloader with pocopico (but got issues with installation pat) but here I'm not even able to get an IP....

43 minutes ago, Tone said:

To clarify: network card is an Embedded Broadcom BCM5720 Dual Port Gbe LOM. Didn't have problems building the booloader with pocopico (but got issues with installation pat) but here I'm not even able to get an IP....

are both nics connected? possible that the mac address created/assigned to mac1 is not the one connected? you may need to edit the config file to add your second nic i think in any case. the bnx/bnx2 modules are part of the rp-ext library so 'should' be added as part of the build but you may need to add manually.

In the future, if we need to update the new build number when DSM version come out, do we use the ARPL first to update the build model and then do the DSM update from control panel or can we skip the ARPL update and go straight to the DSM update in the control panel? What is the procedure to update DSM version?

Edited by vinhdt
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, vinhdt said:

In the future, if we need to update the new build number when DSM version come out, do we use the ARPL first to update the build model and then do the DSM update from control panel or can we skip the ARPL update and go straight to the DSM update in the control panel? What is the procedure to update DSM version?

Exactly that was I supposed to update in DSM by manually doing the update using pat in DSM then update the loader after reboot?

Setting up SSS is a real pain :-(, however setting up 6 AI tasks disabling them and creating a rule where home mode is switched enables all 6 AI task is a good bug to have :-) 

6 AI tasks for the limit of 2 lol

6 hours ago, Tone said:

Hello there,

Thanks!

Some bug in the driver of netcard inside the DSM!! Please confirm vendor and model of your netcard.

2 hours ago, spv4u1975 said:

Is there a guide to upgrading?

I have just run the loader to update to 0.4 alpha6 and built the 7.1.1 version

Booted the NAS and passed the pat but it states my NAS has been reset and all config lost :-(

What is the right way to move from one version to another?

Thanks

I don't know what happened! The correct thing is to update the loader, boot the current DSM, update the build by the DSM itself (control panel) and restart. The loader must recognize the update and do everything itself.

2 hours ago, vinhdt said:

Explained above