XPEnology Community

Questions: First attempt to install DSM 7xx on ESXI 7.03

First question:

Following the  following the tutorial: Tutorial: Install/Migrate to DSM 7.x with TinyCore RedPill (TCRP) Loader

Step 3. Boot into TinyCore and Complete Pre-Configuration Updates

When booting the virtual machine (I am on ESXI 7.03), Tinyboot boots correctly but I don´t have mouse support and I need to change keyboard layout (from US to ES).

I'm not very proficient with the Linux console but is it possible to force mouse recognition in the virtual machine and change the keyboard with console commands?

Second question:

Another question: I use a 6500 i5 (Sky Lake)  for  vmware esxi 7.

When selecting platform:

STEP 1 from the same tutorial:

Step 1. Choose a DSM Platform/Architecture. From available platforms:

Available platform versions: ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

apollolake-7.0-41890

apollolake-7.0.1-42218

apollolake-7.1.0-42661

broadwell-7.0.1-42218

broadwell-7.1.0-42661

broadwellnk-7.0.1-42218

broadwellnk-7.1.0-42661

etc, etc

There is not a platform Sky Lake.

I understand that I must choose a platform compatible with the processor on which ESXi runs. I'm right?

Thanks in advance

To my experience though, mouse should work on ESXi out of the box.You can ssh to the IP to TCRP with user tc and pass P@ssw0rd. Then you can execute any commang.

6 minutes ago, yonn said:

I'm not very proficient with the Linux console but is it possible to force mouse recognition in the virtual machine and change the keyboard with console commands?

By platform we are reffering to the Syno CPU generation per model. With i5 6500 you will be find with any platform selected.

8 minutes ago, yonn said:

I understand that I must choose a platform compatible with the processor on which ESXi runs. I'm right?

Successfully compiled the latest version of ds918p-7.1.1 but on boot the DSM installer is not reached:

The boot stucks at:

"Booting 'RedPill DS918+ v7.1.1-42962 (SATA, Verbose)'

Decompressing Linux... Parsing ELF... done

Booting  the kernel."

I want to compile with another version but during the build process I end up with this message:

"No adequate space on /mnt/sda3/auxfiles to download file into cache folder, clean up the space and restart"

How to "clean up"?

Because I have already deleted the /auxfiles folder and it has not helped

Thanks in advance

• 1 month later...