XPEnology Community

Updated to DSM 7.1-42661 and I'm stuck in a loop

I got a notification for a new update today. I did it and I'm stuck in a bootloop. Synology Assistant show Recoverable. I tried it and it does not work. The machine reboots but I go back to square 1. I had an old TCRP loader. So I went and I redid the loader to the current version following the installation tutorial but I'm still stuck. I need help.

Have you tried toe post update commands? You have to complete the update through TCRP.

Reboot into TCRP and run the following commands:

./rploader.sh update

sudo ./rploader.sh postupdate <your platform>-7.1.0-42661

exitcheck.sh reboot

You should boot into your original build.

Is better than postupdate, make a build Tinycore Friend

Download tinycore 0.9.2.7 y burn pendrive https://github.com/pocopico/tinycore-redpill/releases/tag/v0.9.2.7

Load tonycore and find ip with ifconfig, y then open ssh and run that commands

./rploader.sh identifyusb
./rploader.sh serialgen DS3622xs+
./rploader.sh satamap
./rploader.sh listmods broadwellnk-7.1.1-42962
./rploader.sh build broadwellnk-7.1.1-42962 withfriend
exitcheck.sh reboot

And find your Synology with Synology Assistant

Thank you for the quick reply.

I did a GUI update and did not update TCRP. So I got recovery loop.

I updated TCRP to 7.1.1-42962 after I did clean command. I took me a while to figure it out.

Redo the user-config.json and add the Realtek 2.5 GBe via R8125 extension. Build for apollolake 7.1.1-42962 then I was able to proceed to DSM7.

I got an error with 2FA. This was hard to resolve as I did not know how to reset the box since it is not a Synology box. There is no reset button on the back. Luckily, I had SSH enabled so I re-enabled the admin account. I was able to set it up then login to DSM7. It took me ton of time to figure all this out.

I followed this link: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/69463267/trying-to-login-after-2-factor-authentication-results-in-wrong-verification-cod

What is Tinycore Friend / with ARPL? I don't remember seeing that few months ago.