XPEnology Community

HBA?

Animehorder

The software of the LSI card I own is in the picture (I am on mobile so I unfortunately can’t see the full graph of the cards he tested that showed they work). It was plug and play with my current windows 11 build (also worked fine on trunas and unraid):

MSI H510I pro

I5-10400

Corsair LPX 16GB

M.2 4 TB Mushkin Alpha

HBA LSI 9207 https://www.ebay.com/itm/164306746346?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=0zSkXENAR4O&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=P7ZAkXL-RmS&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

6 Crucial 4 TB MX500’s

1 Crucial 250 GB MX500 (OS Drive)

Corsair SFX platinum 450 watt

Silverstone CS01-HS

I only run 8 programs:

Stable bit drive pool (6 4tb drives and m.2 in pool as one drive)

Stable bit scanner (every 30-35 days hard scan at slow speeds, 14-15 days quick scan for compromised blocks)

Prowlarr

Sonarr

Radarr

Lidarr

Deluge (Downloads to pool then sonarr does its job, with auto remove plus plugin removing after 24 HRs)

Plex

I need to purchase a dirt cheap 2 TB SSD for all my downloads (split up the writes and reads). Now with this build in mind do you think I should be fine? Or do you believe I might end up running into a problem? I have tried unraid (crap), installed trunas (permissions are a pain to set idk why), even did a simple Linux setup but couldn’t figure out how to do a simple raid setup. I want to setup either a raid5 or a raid6, I am thinking of picking up one more 4tb drive and then just putting the 2tb drive on the inside with a small strip of double sided tape. Do you think I should stay how I am and just do these small additions or do I look more into swapping over?

Oh before I forget the reason why I have a full SSD server is because it lives in my semi truck with me. I wish I could have 3.5 in 16TB drives but unfortunately all the bumps and such on the road will end up just killing and burning my money. I do have a “NAS” at home a friend of mine built me a while back with 4x16TB sea gate EXOs for cold storage.

F90CC382-3E9C-48E8-9136-D79C48BDC995.png

Edited by Animehorder
Adding eBay stuff

Two different machines. The one at my home is just to do a dump of any new files I accrued over my time out on the road. (Ubuntu with no GUI with Samba that I shut down when not in use)

The machine I am considering trying this out on is the one that is in the truck with me but I wanted to make sure before I dive in that my hardware is compatible. From what I can read the HBA card will function but will have no smart features right?

I also won’t deny I don’t know to much about these things so I have ask, what is DS3622xs+?

ohhhhh disk station model number right?

Edited by Animehorder

From now on, I will consider only inquiries about REDPILL.

I don't know about other NAS software.

Synology models with HBA and SMART issues are DS918+ and Device Tree-based DS920+ and DS1621+.

DS920+, DS1621+ have a problem that the HBA is not recognized at all,

In the case of DS918+, there is a problem that SMART does not recognize the serial of the disk.

The HBA and the most stable model is the DS3622xs+ based on Broadwellnk.

Edited by Peter Suh

Redpill being this video correct? 

In my senecio instead of using the version this video shows I would be using the one you just recommended correct?

Will the version you recommended be able to see m.2’s by chance?

when it comes to the install, is this setup USB dependent for the os?

so if I get this I will be choosing the DS3622xs+ as the model. On the next step on synology’s site I will be choosing the DSM build 7.0.1?

Edited by Animehorder

I was looking at that but found it very complicated but helpful on what I can run right? I started by reading this one tho with the video above: 

This is ment to be booted and installed on a brand new machine By choosing the DS3622xs+ then just follow the video with that in mind correct?

6 minutes ago, Animehorder said:

I was looking at that but found it very complicated but helpful on what I can run right? I started by reading this one tho with the video above: 

You are starting by the wrong end. If you can't understand the link I posted, I suggest you take a step back and try to understand it again. It's fundamental to understand the rest.

6 minutes ago, Animehorder said:

This is ment to be booted and installed on a brand new machine By choosing the DS3622xs+ then just follow the video with that in mind correct?

The link you posted is the thread to one of the loaders you can use. There are currently 2 options: the ARPL or the TCRP loader. Up to you to chose.

I also suggest you read the FAQs: https://xpenology.com/forum/forum/83-faq-start-here/

22 minutes ago, Polanskiman said:

You are starting by the wrong end. If you can't understand the link I posted, I suggest you take a step back and try to understand it again. It's fundamental to understand the rest.

The link you posted is the thread to one of the loaders you can use. There are currently 2 options: the ARPL or the TCRP loader. Up to you to chose.

I also suggest you read the FAQs: https://xpenology.com/forum/forum/83-faq-start-here/

Ok now looking at this one and understanding it I will 1st try ARPL if that fails I will try this: (thank you for the help @Peter Suh and @Polanskiman, I will start this on the 28th when I get home)

• Like 2