XPEnology Community

Android app connectivity

rickym

Question

I have always used an iphone  and had no trouble with the synology app connecting to my servers. I now have a android phone and installed the synology app but absolutely can't connect to my servers. Any suggestions. I also can't connect using my firefox browser on my phone. Thanks in advance.

Edited by rickym

3 answers to this question

Well after working on this for hours and finally figured it out. Not sure if it leaves me open to any problems. In my PIA VPN app on my phone I selected allow lan traffic. I did get this warning "Notice that some system applications (such as the Google app) could bypass the VPN when access to the local network is allowed.

Hi there! Bummer that you're having trouble connecting to your Synology servers on your Android phone. As someone who's dealt with similar issues before, here are a few suggestions. First, ensure your Android phone and Synology app are up to date. Also, try connecting to the same Wi-Fi network as your server.
If that doesn't work, consider using a different app like Smart Engines. Their OCR technology can help you quickly scan and recognize text from documents, making it a useful tool for managing your servers. Plus, Smart Engines is known for its accuracy and reliability, so it might be the solution you're looking for!

Edited by Norkuri