XPEnology Community

boot qts on qnap

j111461

Hi, I may have a stupid question. It is possible to bool XPEnology on qnap ts-451+ (ist x86 intel). I dont mean in virtual station but in a way to replace qts. I can image there could be a problem with drivers but I am interesting if it could be possible. I thing I read somewhere here somebody used dsm on qnap, but I could find it again. Thanks.

It is possible , i got it to boot onto my TVS-471, not sure the exact steps that i went through. i needed a monitor and keyboard hooked up and had to get into the bios to change the boot so it wouldn't pick the internal boot rom. it was a process and in the end i didn't keep it running cause there were a few things that didnt run just right , one was the display always said booting and couldn't turn off. not that it couldn't be tweaked just didnt want to mess with it too much ..... i figured if i wanted to go back to synology i would just sell the qnap and get another synology then running the half baked SW on a QNAP, worked much better on my PC for playing around and plex