XPEnology Community

КАК УСТАНОВИТЬ XPENOLOGY на сторонний NAS (Thecus N2520)

mkdemon

Добрый день!

Коллеги, полетел конфиг на установленном ранее загрузчике (без флешки) от СИНО. Сам аппарат Thecus N2520 (проц- intel Atom) на него сразу после покупки вкатал ПО от СИНО. И все благополучно работало 3 года. После непонятного сбоя (толи свет, то ли хз) слетела конфигурация (просит заново все установить) (КОНФИГУРАЦИЯ УТРАЧЕНА)..

Очень прошу более подробно расписать как поставить заново (прошиться), пока все что рассказали - общие слова без конкретики. SHR - жив, проверял на стационарном ПК.

Чему удивляешься? Нет такого железа у пользователей. Помнится, что была такая тема "давно тому назад" об установке XPEnology 4 версии и вроде на Thecus N2520 на русском форуме, но просмотрел все страницы, не нашел, видимо автора достали с обновлениями и он эту тему удалил. По крайней мере он сам изготавливал загрузчик, а не использовал готовый от XPEnology. Автор этой темы был Vortex. Найди его и напиши в личку. Есть его тема на английском здесь.

Поищи в Интернете, может кэши страниц сохранились.

Чему удивляешься? Нет такого железа у пользователей. Помнится, что была такая тема "давно тому назад" об установке XPEnology 4 версии и вроде на Thecus N2520 на русском форуме, но просмотрел все страницы, не нашел, видимо автора достали с обновлениями и он эту тему удалил. По крайней мере он сам изготавливал загрузчик, а не использовал готовый от XPEnology. Автор этой темы был Vortex. Найди его и напиши в личку. Есть его тема на английском здесь.

Поищи в Интернете, может кэши страниц сохранились.

ДА я уже про это писал. Просто мне бы хотябы либо вернуться на ThecusOS либо просто сделать Forceinstall на текущей системе от Syno.

А тут никто не может пояснить как.....

Sorry..cant speak Russian.

I also search for dsm on thecus2520. it seems that no one has the old tutorial and files..or at least no response yet from anyone on thecus forum

https://forum.thecus.com/archive/index. ... 68-18.html

vortex has leaving years ago and the files and tutorial (originall files by vortex) is also erased.

wayback machine has no archieve of the post.

The closest one I have is tranlsated korean post

http://2cpu.co.kr/bbs/board.php?bo_table=nas&wr_id=5901

The Instructions:

1. 1GB of an USB Drive or above the PREPARE.

2. Download USB_Upgrade.zip << i can find usb upgrade zip on thecus forum but I am not sure if its the correct files (no confirmation from the post)

4. 1G or above USB Drive to UNZIP.

5. NAS HDD eject OFF & Power.

6. Power up NAS and NAS INTO USB Plug, wait for 7 ~ 15 min and Power System would the Automatically OFF.

7. INTO up NAS and NAS HDD Power Plug.

8. The VIA NAS Synology Assistant Search.

9. Download this .pat File. << this I cant find....DSM_DS214play_5004.pat, other pat files exist but no confirmation either.

10. .pat NAS File to Install

11. DSM and Enjoy Login

12. Done.

I'm still waiting for response from thecus forum.

Hi man... realy have a problems with Syno soft. 1 week ago was stupid jump of energy i think, or something wrong cus after that my DSM cant run. And says that Setup is lost in Assistant. SO let's try to make something for us ))))

I try to make like u . but i have some files from Vortex. on my HDD in NAS - try to find them. Also, one of forum member send me a message with link to vortex library.. BUt i try to make setup Update.zip from that archive and nothing happend.

So do next:

1st of all - in the archives from Vortex on Mega - there is 2 update.zip files, which one is need for start update process ?

Sorry..cant speak Russian.

I also search for dsm on thecus2520. it seems that no one has the old tutorial and files..or at least no response yet from anyone on thecus forum

https://forum.thecus.com/archive/index. ... 68-18.html

vortex has leaving years ago and the files and tutorial (originall files by vortex) is also erased.

wayback machine has no archieve of the post.

The closest one I have is tranlsated korean post

http://2cpu.co.kr/bbs/board.php?bo_table=nas&wr_id=5901

The Instructions:

1. 1GB of an USB Drive or above the PREPARE.

2. Download USB_Upgrade.zip << i can find usb upgrade zip on thecus forum but I am not sure if its the correct files (no confirmation from the post)

4. 1G or above USB Drive to UNZIP.

5. NAS HDD eject OFF & Power.

6. Power up NAS and NAS INTO USB Plug, wait for 7 ~ 15 min and Power System would the Automatically OFF.

I'm still waiting for response from thecus forum.

Here is your update link: https://mega.nz/#F!S5JgGSCa!tMYFNnXNko8yKgK5SiFyeg

but on point 6 happend - nothing... just bing speakerphone and reset to default syno setup page.!! F***

About your message in another forum:

@peeyush

@sailorv

what is the difference 5004.pat and 5004(1).pat ?

Can you elaborate on how to using the files to change thecus n2520 os to dsm ? the dummy version is expected, the original post by vortex is nowhere to be found, and the link is also gone...pitty that ported project closed.

I will be happy if there is a youtube video.

Im downloading peyush files now, but i still cant find dsm_ds214play_5004.pat file.

------ is this last updated how to still valid ?---------

There is the *PROPER* patch/fix for update to DSM 5.1 for N2560 and N2520:

1) Download and install first file: Flash_DS214play_5004.pat

2) Refresh web-page (F5);

3) Then without NAS reboot dl and install second file: DSM_DS214play_5004.pat

4) You're Done! Enjoy DSM 5.1 on SynoCus.

----------

thanks

5004.pat in archive from Vortex have 2 files and they are same.In any case when you try to install any from them - you'lll have error (13) files is bad. So what we do next ?

Hi mkdemon...

https://mega.nz/#F!S5JgGSCa!tMYFNnXNko8yKgK5SiFyeg << there is no DSM_DS214play_5004.pat on the link you send me. There is only Flash_DS214play_5004.pat and Flash_DS214play_5004(1).pat

----

Im trying to summarize dsm on thecus2520 method how to.

There are 2 method using two different files.

1. Download and install first file: Flash_DS214play_5004.pat

Refresh web-page (F5);

Then without NAS reboot dl and install second file: DSM_DS214play_5004.pat ( I still dont have this file)

You're Done! Enjoy DSM 5.1 on SynoCus.

2. using usb_upgrade.zip

prepare 1GB of an USB Drive or above

Download USB_Upgrade.zip << i can find usb upgrade zip on thecus forum but I am not sure if its the correct files (no confirmation from the post)

UNZIP the file to flash disc

Power NAS off & eject HDD.

Plug USB into NAS and power NAS up, wait for 7~15 min and system would power off automatically.

Plug HDD into NAS and power NAS up.

Search NAS via Synology Assistant.

Download this DSM_DS214play_5004.pat

Install .pat file to NAS ( I still dont have this file)

Login DSM and enjoy

Done.

---------

@mkdemon : can you confirm which method/files you are using ( the first one that work and the second that did not work )

And can you check DSM_DS214play_5004.pat ..do you still have it ?

Sorry that you have bricked thecus...hmm... can you reflash it again ?

Or is it possible to use tftp and boot thcus using usb ttl cable ? (openwrt experienced user might help).

Hi mkdemon...

https://mega.nz/#F!S5JgGSCa!tMYFNnXNko8yKgK5SiFyeg << there is no DSM_DS214play_5004.pat on the link you send me. There is only Flash_DS214play_5004.pat and Flash_DS214play_5004(1).pat

----

Im trying to summarize dsm on thecus2520 method how to.

There are 2 method using two different files.

1. Download and install first file: Flash_DS214play_5004.pat

Which one files use 1st ???? Flash DS214..... in archive - 2 files. :

1. Flash_DS214play_5004.pat

2. Flash_DS214play_5004.pat(1)

So which one we must use 1st ??? before DSM_DS214play_5004.pat ????

Which one files use 1st ???? Flash DS214..... in archive - 2 files. :

1. Flash_DS214play_5004.pat

2. Flash_DS214play_5004.pat(1)

I honestly dont understand what you mean by that. Anyone with good Russian can help us to mediate...?

I really dont understand any Russian.

I thought you did flash your n2520 and working before, but than you have some power problem and hung on boot.

Later on you flash your device but unsuccessfully and yours is bricked after that.

So my original question is how did you managed to flash it on the first time ?

in my understanding Flash_* files are some critical platform level files (Bootloader etc) and DSM_* files are the actual Synology OS files.

I got links from peeyush post (from thecus forum) but I cant confirm which file to be flashed..Im still waiting

Edited by Guest

Here is the original files DSM_DS214play_5004.pat:

http://ukdl.synology.com/download/DSM/release/5.1/5004/

Hmm...I thought that we can not use original DSM from synology website ...

I thought that the dsm file that is on mega.co.nz ( I download from peeyush from thecus forum) is modified before...

Am I wrong ?

Now i understand you.. you just want to flash N2520 1st time now ?? yea ? _

if Y, i have all instructions from support of thecus. So if you have working NAS but you need to flash it on factory OS i can help you.

Now i understand you.. you just want to flash N2520 1st time now ?? yea ? _

if Y, i have all instructions from support of thecus. So if you have working NAS but you need to flash it on factory OS i can help you.

No I dont want to flash it to thecus OS. I want to install DSM on it. At the moment I am on thecus OS

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Вообще печаль. Ни один способ не работает чтобы вернуть родное ПО либо корректно поставить ПО от СИНО... такое ощущение что родные флешки от ТЕкус - он не видит и не запускает. От Сино вроде установка конфигурации работает но после ухода в ребут опять все вернулось на переустановку DSM.

• 2 weeks later...

В общем сегодня общался с официалами.. Я ХЗ куда грести!

Получается у Текуса нет представительства в моем городе. Есть дилер, который примет мой НАС, но при этом отправит его в МСК на прошивку, но там не знают как это сделать, поэтому отправят Производителю. А когда тот вернет _ полный ХЗ!

Но удалось выяснить одну вещь - у текуса нет батарейки на плате.. Соответственно была идея с постоянным перезагрузом, но видимо это не ОНО!

Сейчас еще раз разговаривал с оф.поддержкой, говорят надо в Китай отправлять там - знают как это прошивать. Но это будет только через 5 месяцев! т.к. Гарантийных мало случаев. И они будут ждать до полной забивки сначала а уже потом отправлять.

Помогите Люди добрые ! Я уже замучался с ним, хочу либо SYNO прошиться либо на родную Thecus!