XPEnology Community

Multiple XPEnology ?

kexian

Hi, I just discovered Synology products a few days ago. I am really interested in those products, so I looked for an emulated version, where I found this forum. I installed XPEnology on Virtualbox with success and it works like a charm, but my goal was to try the replication between two NAS, before selling Synology products to our customers.

Unfortunately, two XPEnology doesn't works on the same subnet, I think it's because of the mac address, wich are identical. I was wondering why we couldn't change it, and if some of you have tried to make two XPEnology work together ?

Thanks, and sorry for the english.

Hi, I just discovered Synology products a few days ago. I am really interested in those products, so I looked for an emulated version, where I found this forum. I installed XPEnology on Virtualbox with success and it works like a charm, but my goal was to try the replication between two NAS, before selling Synology products to our customers.

Unfortunately, two XPEnology doesn't works on the same subnet, I think it's because of the mac address, wich are identical. I was wondering why we couldn't change it, and if some of you have tried to make two XPEnology work together ?

Yes, it's possible if you edit grub menu.lst. Take a look at this post -> http://xpenology.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=50#p796

• 9 months later...

Changed everything like it should and everything is working to except SHA, have you tried that already?

Everytime when i connect the heartbeat cable both systems are inaccessable.

Best regards,

Leon