XPEnology Community

high-availability (Cluster) DS3615xs_5.2-5644.5

Rana Singh

Hi Team,

I am testing HA in VMware workstation 12 with DS3615xs_5.2-5644.5. I have created two connection Host only another in Nat. Host only connection is used for Heat beat and Nat connection is used for web console. Nat ip is 192.168.253.X/24 and host only 10.0.0.x/24. When I run the HA after giving ip address of the remote host and user name Password its goes to select interface. I chose LAN 1 which having 10.0.0.x after that it goes to loading and getting error” Passive interface can’t be detected” but on the another server log I can admin has login from first server.

I have followed the step give on the synology site-

https://originwww.synology.com/en-uk/kn ... nology_NAS

Please find the attachment for more detail.

Thanks Hoppler,

Is there any other limitation apart from jumbo frame on VMware workstation? my actual question is if I go with two PC/server with DS3615xs_5.2-5644.5 and follow the correct procedure ? Is it going to work?

Do i need to aware of the any limitation/ tricks to get HA working on Xpenology? I was reading in forum that mac-address need to edited to get HA working?

Thanks Hoppler,

Is there any other limitation apart from jumbo frame on VMware workstation? my actual question is if I go with two PC/server with DS3615xs_5.2-5644.5 and follow the correct procedure ? Is it going to work?

Do i need to aware of the any limitation/ tricks to get HA working on Xpenology? I was reading in forum that mac-address need to edited to get HA working?

Yes, if you use VM you must add serial port on both VM

Thank you very much,

Vmware doesn work. I am trying Virtual box and now i see the windows where its ask for cluster name and ip address. I have enabled the jumbo frame as 9000 and serial port is default on a virtual box.

I see significant improvement using virtual box. I will post all the findings once I am done with testing.

i've tested alot on creating a HA Cluster and there are a few thing that you have to check or must have

- two different serial number and mac adress on the interfaces

- serial port

- synology checks the harddisk temperature, so this must work

- MTU 9000

i was able to create a Synology Cluster but with Proxmox and not Vmware.

What i have at the moment is a Cluster with two older Netgear Ready RNDU4000 and it works very well.

Hi all, I Pleased to announce that high-availability (Cluster) is working on Virtual Box. All you need to do is enable Jumbo frame on interface and select serail interface. I have not edited any serial no and mac-address . I will post the detail documentation after all the testing is done.

Thanks Aigor and Beta17 for your hints and valuable suggestion.

One quick question do we need a serial interface on physical motherhood as well?

Hi all, I Pleased to announce that high-availability (Cluster) is working on Virtual Box. All you need to do is enable Jumbo frame on interface and select serail interface. I have not edited any serial no and mac-address . I will post the detail documentation after all the testing is done.

Thanks Aigor and Beta17 for your hints and valuable suggestion.

One quick question do we need a serial interface on physical motherhood as well?

I think yes, i suppose it's for support purpose and it's mandatory to setup HA