XPEnology Community

unable to install DSM on HP Microserver Gen10

Hi there,

i bought a HPE Microserver Gen10 and wanted to use ist as a NAS with DSM

I worked trough the tut on: https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/62221-tutorial-installmigrate-to-dsm-7x-with-tinycore-redpill-tcrp-loader/ an all worked well so far.

As i wanted to install the DSM Version from Synology i always get an error that the file is broken. i wanted to use an DS918+ 7.1.0-42661 but every Verion i tried to install from Synology fails to install.

What can i do?

Hi @togashie, there are CPU architecture requirements for the different Synology devices emulated by redpill. I believe the Gen10 uses an AMD Opteron CPU, you should make sure that is compatible with the DS918+:

You could try emulating a 3622xs+ instead. It's generally more compatible and is what I run in an ESXi VM on a Gen8.

To install 7.1.0-42661-1 you should be using the pat files in this directory to do the initial install:
https://archive.synology.com/download/Os/DSM/7.1-42661-1-NanoPacked

i get several errors while building the loader selected the DS3622xs+ and DS1621+ (for AMD CPU) and it ends without finished......

I somehow think, that the internal Marvell Raid controller on the motherboard is not working with DSM correctly :(

Edited by togashie

I've been experiencing issues too with the same setup. I tried with every different builds and the most compatible for me it's DS3622xs+ which at least allows me to proceed with the wizard installation but always get stuck at 70% and then reboot and it's prompted to start over again the installation...

Edited by Tone