XPEnology Community

New DSM 6.0.2 loader on VMWare Workstation

Ticariocman

It works using Jun's newest loader on my Windows 10 with VMWARE workstation pro 12, choose VMWARE option in grub menu when it is boot in workstation.

I use RDM to pass the hard disks to workstation, 3*4T (2 WD Red NASWARE 3.0+1 seagate es.3) RAID5, no S.M.A.R.T monitoring is available in xpenology (but you can check it by tools installed in Windows still). Although in vmware workstation documentation it says only hard disks below 2T is supported in RDM, but 4T works for me until now (although only 1.1T is in use currently).

It works using Jun's newest loader on my Windows 10 with VMWARE workstation pro 12, choose VMWARE option in grub menu when it is boot in workstation.

I use RDM to pass the hard disks to workstation, 3*4T (2 WD Red NASWARE 3.0+1 seagate es.3) RAID5, no S.M.A.R.T monitoring is available in xpenology (but you can check it by tools installed in Windows still). Although in vmware workstation documentation it says only hard disks below 2T is supported in RDM, but 4T works for me until now (although only 1.1T is in use currently).

Thanks, finally I got you.

A quick question here is how you booted into grub menu? I can burn .img file of Jun into a usb flash drive and boot it up on a bare metal machine. But with a VM Workstation, do I have to have a iso file and put it in CD/DVD drive of virtual machine to boot it up?

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Once again, thank you for your precious reply.

You don't need to have a iso file. There is a .vmx file in the latest of Jun's loader, directly open it with your vmware workstation pro 12, then a vm is ready for you. just add your extra disks to this vm and boot it.

Sorry for my newbie question.

How do I open .vmx file directly by VMware workstation? Do I have to replace "VMname".vmx by DS3615xs.vmx I just downloaded from Jun and then hit Power button on VM?

Thanks.