Jump to content
XPEnology Community

AMD 4700S Xpenology


arunmcops
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • 2 weeks later...

Tried to install with DS1621+ but encountered this error :

 

It looks that you will need the following modules :

Found SATA Controller : pciid 1022d00007801  Required Extension :
No matching extension

 

As per lspci, the sata controller is as below:

00:11.0 SATA controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] FCH SATA Controller [AHCI mode] (rev 40)

 

After creation of bootable USB, stuck at this

 

image.thumb.png.b2b96c6ef7276a0af8a1ba4ab060dfc9.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, arunmcops said:

Tried to install with DS1621+ but encountered this error :

 

It looks that you will need the following modules :

Found SATA Controller : pciid 1022d00007801  Required Extension :
No matching extension

 

As per lspci, the sata controller is as below:

00:11.0 SATA controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] FCH SATA Controller [AHCI mode] (rev 40)

 

After creation of bootable USB, stuck at this

 

image.thumb.png.b2b96c6ef7276a0af8a1ba4ab060dfc9.png

 

Because DS1621+ is based on Device Tree,

 

All messages related to Sata controller and port mapping from the TCRP loader build process can be ignored.

 

Instead, you just need to see if the dtbpatch or redpill-dtb-static ext driver is being installed normally.

 

That kernel boot screen is normal.

 

Now use find.synology.com in another PC's web browser.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tried again with DS3622xs+. Sata controller and port mapping went ok  but same issue again ..

 

It looks that you will need the following modules :

Found SATA Controller : pciid 1022d00007801  Required Extension :
No matching extension

Any extention available or any way to add it ? 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tried again with DS3622xs+. Sata controller and port mapping went ok  but same issue again ..
 

It looks that you will need the following modules :

Found SATA Controller : pciid 1022d00007801  Required Extension :
No matching extension

Any extention available or any way to add it ? 

 

 



If user_config.json can be edited before loader build, leave sataportmap and diskidxmap blank with “”. Do not use satamap action


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Like This.

 

tc@box:~$ cat user_config.json
{
  "extra_cmdline": {
    "pid": "0xa4a5",
    "vid": "0x0525",
    "sn": "1230LWN009033",
    "mac1": "0011322A46E7",
    "SataPortMap": "",
    "DiskIdxMap": ""
  },
  "synoinfo": {

          "internalportcfg" : "0xffff",
          "maxdisks" : "16",
              "support_bde_internal_10g" : "no",
              "support_disk_compatibility" : "no",
          "support_memory_compatibility" : "no"


},
  "ramdisk_copy": {

    
}

}

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Peter Suh said:

Like This.

 

tc@box:~$ cat user_config.json
{
  "extra_cmdline": {
    "pid": "0xa4a5",
    "vid": "0x0525",
    "sn": "1230LWN009033",
    "mac1": "0011322A46E7",
    "SataPortMap": "",
    "DiskIdxMap": ""
  },
  "synoinfo": {

          "internalportcfg" : "0xffff",
          "maxdisks" : "16",
              "support_bde_internal_10g" : "no",
              "support_disk_compatibility" : "no",
          "support_memory_compatibility" : "no"


},
  "ramdisk_copy": {

    
}

}

 

I followed ThorGroup's advice as Pocopico described in TCRP's sataport() function.

-------------------------------------------------------

ThorGroup advised not to map the controller ports
beyond the MaxDisks limit, but there is no harm in doing so - unless additional devices are
connected along with SATABOOT. This will create a gap/empty first slot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Peter Suh said:

Like This.

 

tc@box:~$ cat user_config.json
{
  "extra_cmdline": {
    "pid": "0xa4a5",
    "vid": "0x0525",
    "sn": "1230LWN009033",
    "mac1": "0011322A46E7",
    "SataPortMap": "",
    "DiskIdxMap": ""
  },
  "synoinfo": {

          "internalportcfg" : "0xffff",
          "maxdisks" : "16",
              "support_bde_internal_10g" : "no",
              "support_disk_compatibility" : "no",
          "support_memory_compatibility" : "no"


},
  "ramdisk_copy": {

    
}

}

Done it. No result. Same status.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/19/2022 at 8:43 PM, arunmcops said:

Tried to install with DS1621+ but encountered this error :

 

It looks that you will need the following modules :

Found SATA Controller : pciid 1022d00007801  Required Extension :
No matching extension

 

As per lspci, the sata controller is as below:

00:11.0 SATA controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] FCH SATA Controller [AHCI mode] (rev 40)

 

After creation of bootable USB, stuck at this

 

image.thumb.png.b2b96c6ef7276a0af8a1ba4ab060dfc9.png

 

pid/vid should be replaced with that of your usb stick.  It should not be used as I wrote it.  The only thing I want to emphasize is this.  SataPortMap": "",
     "DiskIdxMap": "" And that black console has nothing more to do.  Another need to type find.synology.com in your PC's web browser and monitor the IP assignment.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Peter Suh said:

 

pid/vid should be replaced with that of your usb stick.  It should not be used as I wrote it.  The only thing I want to emphasize is this.  SataPortMap": "",
     "DiskIdxMap": "" And that black console has nothing more to do.  Another need to type find.synology.com in your PC's web browser and monitor the IP assignment.

😁 Honest mistake. Will do that today evening. I too was confused as to why json file is showing different VID/PID as well as MAC ID than actual hardware.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...