XPEnology Community

PLEASE Could someone, anyone help me? I am desperate

Captainfingerbang

i'm not a NOOB, but im a re-Noob, haven't been around in long time.

i have two 918+ 1.04b with identical 1151 coffee lake parts I've been running for 3 years. Have real serial #'s btw. 

HW: Gigabyte B360 HD3 + i3-8100      DSM 6.2.3-25426 

i needed to combine both of these 918+ nas's together for many reasons.

i backed up the 4tb shr 3x 4tb to a single 8tb drive BASIC array. formatted the three 4tb drives and moved them all into one giant big case together with other 918.  ALSO, i installed 2 pcie 3.0 x1 - 4 port sata III cards total 8 new sata ports for ssd arrays. Installed 2 of these cards.....

Some ******* happened though. Bios got screwed up, had to reset it, forgot values, so i updated the bios anyways since it was 2 yrs old and put values i could remember in bios.

• WEIRD STUFF started happening. Everything seriously slowed down, from network to disk transfer speeds.
  • The MAIN issue i am having is all of a sudden when i try to SSH into NAS with both admin credentials I get PERMISSION DENIED SEE IMAGE BELOW..
  • Now i am wanting to know if there is a SAFE PROCESS to reinstall DSM but keep all 20Terabytes of my best data. Is there?

Things I've tried:

I made sure and both logins are under admin. I rebooted a lot, tweaked bios, delete the registry entry in windows for saved Putty credentials.

image.thumb.png.f2d957e0006c2fbe3fef4418502a9fbc.png

Edited by Captainfingerbang

you're using jun's bootloader. just enter "reinstall" bootentry and do reinstallation. or you can edit your grub bootloader (press "e" for one time use on grub bootloader) and add force_junior. this will force reinstall the DSM while keeping your data partition intact

Edited by kekesed97