Issues:

CPU Frequeny locked to 1.6 GHz

Thermal-Status always 40°C

(I guess right I/O driver is missing)

Edited by Guest

See my signature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Confirm that the WLAN is running

There is no need to confirm. Most internal WLAN won't work in DSM and there is nothing new about it since Synology does not include internal wireless cards in their machines. Even under 5.2 Trantor refused to compile WLAN drivers.

An internal WLAN NIC is not expected to work in DSM and I do not consider its lack of functionality as an abnormality.

Those who wish to compile internal WLAN drivers can do so if they really need internal WLAN to work.

Edited by Guest

See my signature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is no need to confirm. Most internal WLAN won't work in DSM and there is nothing new about it since Synology does not include internal wireless cards in their machines. Even under 5.2 Trantor refused to compile WLAN drivers.

An internal WLAN NIC is not expected to work in DSM and I do not consider its lack on functionality as an abnormality.

Those who wish to compile internal WLAN drivers can do so if they really need internal WLAN to work.

Hum : Even under 5.2 Trantor refused to compile WLAN drivers.

An internal WLAN NIC is not expected to work in DSM and I do not consider its lack on functionality as an abnormality.

Hum : Even under 5.2 Trantor refused to compile WLAN drivers.

You might as well read by yourself >>> viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1361#p6528. I've copied/pasted it below for you convenience:

This thread is for requesting drivers for hardware (net, storage) which are not supported by XPEnology yet.

The purpose of this it to regroup drivers request in order to improve XPEnology in the next repack.

Please test with the latest build and check HARDWARE SUPPORTED LIST before asking for driver !

Please do not request WIFI drivers

Please give most informations as you can (brand, chip, revision...).

If you can test your hardware with ubuntu livecd to get modules infos and/or give manufacturer download link.

If he ultimately decided to compile WLAN drivers then good for those who benefited from it. The basic logic concept still stands though and you might well try to understand it. Internal WLAN NICs are not part of Synology's hardware features.

Hum: Even under 5.2 Trantor refused to compile WLAN drivers.

But others could do it on the condition of finding the right information

So who can tell us how to compile a driver ?

I have consulted the developer-guide.pdf which, say, indicates how ... but that is badly conceived and even false:

The first command to do is to prepare the installation of the Toolkit (page 9) not work

mkdir -p toolkit

git clone {{book.external ... ... (already an error)

It starts well !!!

In addition nothing says that you need to install chroot and probably lots of other things before you start anything (it looks like you have to know everything before)

So where do we find accurate, detailed documentation that makes it possible to compile something and this using the DiskStation itself ?

Is this a open secret that story?

• 3 months later...

What about Cores? How many cores are used? Does support PLEX transcoding?

Tnx

MB: ASRock N3700

RAM: Kingston ValueRAM DDR3L-1600 SO-DIMM CL11 Single 4GB

BOOT USB: SanDisk Ultra Fit 16GB

HDD: 4xWD Red WD60EFRX (SHR)

Jun's Baremetal V 1.01 + DSM 6.0.2-8451 Update 2

Issues:

CPU Frequeny locked to 1.6 GHz

Thermal-Status always 40°C

(I guess right I/O driver is missing)