XPEnology Community

File system error detected on DiskStation

Akhlan

Question

Hello,

I have a big problem since 2 days, I get this error message when I start my NAS "File system error detected on DiskStation".... My NAS was crashed so I asked my friend to restart it because I work 6500km away from home but I can't connect remotely via OVH and not even locally via the admin IP....

What can I do? I think it stinks but in case you have a solution.....

Thanks

Akhlan

6 answers to this question

9 hours ago, Akhlan said:

Hello,

I have a big problem since 2 days, I get this error message when I start my NAS "File system error detected on DiskStation".... My NAS was crashed so I asked my friend to restart it because I work 6500km away from home but I can't connect remotely via OVH and not even locally via the admin IP....

What can I do? I think it stinks but in case you have a solution.....

Thanks

Akhlan

Is your NAS genuine Synology? Are you XPE?
Does the NAS use only one disk?
Is it not configured with RAID?

It's a bit strange that the IP didn't respond when I rebooted after the file system error message.
If it is a RAID configuration, DSM OS will start and the IP will be visible only with the remaining disks except for the disk in question.

If it's XPE, can you check if your friend can see the GNU Grub boot menu and even Kernel loading messages?

If you have a PC that can connect to the Internet other than the NAS, you can log in and monitor with only the serial port without a NIC by connecting a Serial Cross cable.
However, it seems practically impossible to have a friend do this preparation work.

Thanks,

Is your NAS genuine Synology? Are you XPE?

--- XPE (DS3615XS 6.02 Baremetal AMD with Jun's Mod v1.01)
Does the NAS use only one disk?

--- 8 x WD Red 3 To
Is it not configured with RAID?

--- Raid 5

I receveid errors messages by mail

Dear User,

A file system error has been detected on Volume 1. Please access the storage manager to fix it as soon as possible.

Best regards,
Synology DiskStation

but unable to open a session with OVH and i can't request to my friend to open a local session to see GNU Grub.... I think this problem will be attendre my return in France in few months.....

Rgds

Hi.

First of all, see if your system is getting an ip. Check your router and see if it assigns an ip address, or use synology assistant.

Second, see if your disk are ok, load a linux live distro and check smart info.

It is hard to guess why your system is not working.

If you have a spare disk drive, disconnect all other and use it to see if your system is working with it.

Maybe use that spare disk and a new usb stick to create an arpl loader and install a more recent version of DSM.

Merry Xmas.

Hello,

so, I ping my NAS well from my PC but I can't reach it from its url "This site is inaccessible"

I can't see any of my NAS from https://finds.synology.com/ but I can see my second NAS from the "Synology Assistant" app but not the one I want to fix...

Today, when I turned on my NAS, I received on my phone lots of notifications from my DSM "File system error detected on RedAkStation" and "RedAkStation experienced an improper shutdown" and by mail

"Cher utilisateur,

Une erreur de système de fichier a été détectée sur le volume 1. Accédez au gestionnaire de stockage pour la réparer dès que possible.

Sincères salutations,
Synology DiskStation"

so I think my DSM is good but I have a problem with one or more hard drives. I haven't checked my smart info yet, I'll do it after New Year's Eve

When i start my NAS, i have theses screens

Rgds

Akhlan

1.jpg

2.jpg

Edited by Akhlan
add pics